It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

De Blasio orders streets closed in NYC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
a reply to: stuthealien

A lot of times US cities will shut down in saver cases so emergency personnel and road crews can do their job. Also it keeps the emergencis down as well can't get to a house fire if the roads are packed with abandoned cars.

subterfuge is used in this statement,,how many abandoned cars will be in the parks??????

how does europe and russia and occasionally the uk deal with snow storms ,,do we close parks no.
we limit our journeys might not send the kids to school but we dont stop life and we dont need the goverment to tell us this is common sense.

its just snow it is not as bad as fukushima,fracking,gmo,political corruption

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I live further north, where we're actually seeing some snow. Front end of my car is already buried, and the actual storm doesn't start for three more hours

Ordering the streets closed is not uncommon- we have a storm like this about once a year, the media always screams that it's the storm of the century, blah blah blah.

When they close the streets, employers can't demand their employees come to work- that's the game they're playing. Retail shops and fast food don't give a # if you cant get in safely- if they think its profitable to open, they will. Wage slaves lose jobs over missing work.
In fact, our new company overlord let us know yesterday that if we have any PTO saved up, they wouldn't punish us for taking a day off with it. How gracious.

Closing the streets means closing all of these businesses- which keeps huge numbers of people who shouldn't be out there safe at home, which frees up the street crews to do their job more easily.

I do wish they'd stop over hyping these storms, though. It's just some snow, FFS.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Page 1 of the Democrat playbook:

"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before." - Rahm Emanuel

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
a reply to: stuthealien

A lot of times US cities will shut down in saver cases so emergency personnel and road crews can do their job. Also it keeps the emergencis down as well can't get to a house fire if the roads are packed with abandoned cars.

subterfuge is used in this statement,,how many abandoned cars will be in the parks??????

how does europe and russia and occasionally the uk deal with snow storms ,,do we close parks no.
we limit our journeys might not send the kids to school but we dont stop life and we dont need the goverment to tell us this is common sense.

its just snow it is not as bad as fukushima,fracking,gmo,political corruption
City parks are closed because non-essential public employees are probably staying home. Just like the schools are shut down because teachers and students are staying home. Jesus people. You'll do anything and stretch any statement to mean something it's not.

He's not saying "I'm BANNING parks because snow." He's saying "Parks are closed for now." Just like "Schools are closed for now." and "Most Businesses are closed for now"

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IamAbeliever

Really?......Because the winter months in Afghanistan are so warm.... ....And Germany....and.....

edit on 27-1-2015 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before." - Rahm Emanuel

Oh look another fine right wing intellectual accusing a democrat of something he or she is doing right now as well!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
Maybe I missed it...but having seen a couple of screens from NYC...doesn't look all that terrifying to me so far.

Is this "storm of the century" bit a slight overkill...?

La Guardia airport in New York City already has 11 inches on the ground but the wind gusts are the worst part of it.

Hey OP was the mayor of Atlanta a communist for shutting down that city when they got 2 inches of snow?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tusks
De Blasio is basically declaring martial law--for a snowstorm that has not arrived.

As for reasons for a white man to marry a black lesbian, (or Black man, white lesbian)--the only one I can think of is to get more of the LGT and Black (or White, as the case may be) vote--it certainly isn't faithful sex or family rearing. Such a person should never be trusted with power. It is obvious after the Garner/police episode and now this Edict of Travel that de Blasio is a near idiot, but smart enough to be devious. TPTB can get anyone elected, which could be a way of saying "join us, or suffer under the fools we put in power."
If anyone declared "Martial Law". You'd see a VERY different scene from people still walking the sidewalks, snowplows doing their jobs, and people generally just getting by as usual. Governers shut down highways all the time when snow hits. Hell I-90 has GATES that they can close to keep people off the road if it gets buried in snow. Are those governers declaring martial law too?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Boston is shut down too with all of Massachusetts under a driving/travel ban (Republican Governor btw). Two+ feet of snow and hurricane force wind gusts with sustained winds around 40 mph, it's also bitterly cold... this is a dangerous storm with whiteout conditions... that means you can become disoriented very easily.

People can still go out if they choose to be that stupid and emergency responders will come get your dumb ass if you call for help. The reason for the driving and parking bans is to clear out the snow as fast as possible so that emergency vehicles can get to where they are needed. It's also done so that utility companies can get out and repair any disruptions of service... cuz it's freezing and not a great situation to be in without heat.

Our public transportation is also shut down, we all knew it was coming, we all know this is how it is in major storms. You prepare for the shutdown. This is how it's always been. It's also why we get up to fully functional much faster than other places.

Relax. This isn't communism at work nor the gay agenda (both of which are legal in case you weren't aware).

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

It was a joke, not gospel. You can relax now.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

And what of the flipside of this? What if DeBlasio came out and said "It's just a little snow, everything will be fine." and hundreds if not thousands of vehicles start getting stranded and blocking streets. Blocking snow plows from doing their jobs. Blocking ambulances from getting to ERs.

I'm 100% certain the DeBlasio would get railed if he did nothing. ESPECIALLY if a single little old biddy passes away because of his inaction. "DeBlasio the granny killer" has a nice ring to it.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Like the GOP has never done that as well.

And there is really only one way America can respond to this challenge. We need to kill them first. We need to kill them on a field of battle whose contours are determined not by the terrorists but by us. We need to kill them over there — in the Middle East — before they reach the West.

George Bush Jr.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Just caught the reports out of NYC. They got off easy with it, up to 11 inches... the city is up and running again.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

De Blasio is basically declaring martial law--for a snowstorm that has not arrived.

I'm a person who lived under martial law more than one time. De Blasio's actions are way far from what martial law is. You have no idea what is martial law, believe me.

I do not support De Blasio but I think the guy is trying to do what he can in this situation. Even if he makes mistakes. Would you do better than him?
edit on 27-1-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

3 inches ? that's like...7,5 centimeters. Nothing really to report about so far.

we got 20 centimeters during Christmas 2014...and that's not big by some of the more extreme standards we used to have.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun
" He's not saying "I'm BANNING parks because snow." He's saying "Parks are closed for now." Just like "Schools are closed for now." and "Most Businesses are closed for now"

what a horrible place to live if you cannot go to the park and play in the snow ,am i really dreaming what is with this .
why oh why would you close a city park please i beg you take bolt croppers and free the parks in ny.

edit on 27-1-2015 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

As for reasons for a white man to marry a black lesbian, (or Black man, white lesbian)--the only one I can think of is to get more of the LGT and Black (or White, as the case may be) vote--it certainly isn't faithful sex or family rearing. Such a person should never be trusted with power. It is obvious after the Garner/police episode and now this Edict of Travel that de Blasio is a near idiot, but smart enough to be devious. TPTB can get anyone elected, which could be a way of saying "join us, or suffer under the fools we put in power."

I'm guessing you aren't what people would refer to as the "cream of the intellectual crop." Huh?

Smart enough to present coherent arguments rather than the typical ad hominem attacks of some people.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Looks like the two dudes behind him thinks its a bad idea, but the guy on the left? Frozen in his to clap or not to clap predicament.
edit on 27-1-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

I'm guessing you aren't what people would refer to as the "cream of the intellectual crop." Huh?

Smart enough to present coherent arguments rather than the typical ad hominem attacks of some people.

My "ad-hominem" attacks hold as much water as your "argument" in this thread.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Apparently, the travel ban has been lifted...

Source

The governors of New York and New Jersey lifted travel bans they had imposed a day earlier and New York City's subway system was set to restart, though officials urged people who did not have to drive to stay off snow-covered roadways.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join