It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

De Blasio orders streets closed in NYC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Guess he was elected dictator instead of mayor. People are still gonna have to get out--to hospitals, ERs, disabled friends, pharmacies. And now they'll be committing a misdemeanor. This guy is a moron, a communist--and he's married to a black lesbian. And NYC elected him.

observer.com...

"Mayor Bill de Blasio announced this afternoon that he is shutting the city’s streets, schools and parks tonight until further notice as the city braces for a blizzard of historic proportions.

Speaking at the Office of Emergency Management headquarters in Brooklyn, the mayor—who faced criticism over the city’s response to last year’s winter storms—said only authorized city personnel would be allowed to drive on the streets starting at 11 p.m. or visit city parks beginning at 6 p.m. The restrictions may last for an undetermined number of days, the mayor said. Mr. de Blasio declared a “winter weather state of emergency” and said that thousands of Sanitation, Police, Fire, Parks, Homeless Services, 911 and 311 personnel have been working since Friday to prepare for the projected two feet of snow.

“We are ready to deal with this and whatever comes after,” he said. “The priority right now is anything related to the safety of our people."

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Tusks

Tell the people of NY to grow a pair they are barely getting a dusting.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
What's wrong with marrying black lesbians?

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I was kind of with you up until this point...

and he's married to a black lesbian. And NYC elected him.

And as much as I dislike this man, I can't concentrate on anything else BUT what this has to do with anything even if it's true.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

he's married to a black lesbian.

What's that got to do with anything?
Question? If he married to a lesbians and so what. Your might want to check your hood and sheet, your racism and bigotry is showing.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

he's married to a black lesbian.

What's that got to do with anything?
Question? If he married to a lesbians and so what. Your might want to check your hood and sheet, your racism and bigotry is showing.

Get ready to get accused of playing the "Race card" and being a "Race pimp".

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Maybe I missed it...but having seen a couple of screens from NYC...doesn't look all that terrifying to me so far.

Is this "storm of the century" bit a slight overkill...?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I want to marry two black lesbians - then the fun begins!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

That's fine I have a thick skin.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
hi can i ask a moderator to move this to the jokes forum and this is the reason .
closing down a city when it snows ,sorry i can not compute this as logical and strikes me as really really strange.

so america you can attack any nation of earth ,,but snow and you close a city??????????hahahaha .
but as this is ats is there another reason for closing down the city and the snow is a convenient cover story or this is the joke of the year for me.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
I want to marry two black lesbians - then the fun begins!

Then you won't want to go out even if the storm is over.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Did you actually read the article you posted or did you see something with DeBlasio's name on it and start frothing at the mouth?

1: 1800 Snowplows have been deployed
2: Emergency Vehicles are still operational
3: It's freaking NEW YORK. The Subways didn't suddenly stop existing because of a storm. New Yorkers can still get around.
4: His black lesbian wife is hotter than your wife.
edit on 27-1-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: 1800 snowplows, not 1600.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Guy is a clown, if he does all this and they get normal snow, the next real storm will kill more because people chose to ignore it.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

A lot of times US cities will shut down in saver cases so emergency personnel and road crews can do their job. Also it keeps the emergencis down as well can't get to a house fire if the roads are packed with abandoned cars.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Tusks

Illinois-- not the UP of Michigan, or Eastern Wisconsin,
Montana, or where the big drifts live.. I was once a
school kid on the hoof for a mile or so with my younger
sister.

My mom had a "rule of dumb.." If the snow on the sidewalk on-
average reached our coat bottoms, she'd call the school. If the
number was busy twice in ten minutes we had a snow day. Yea.

If it wasn't, and they said "Come anyway" she'd warm up the car:
because she didn't want to drive us to the hospital the next day
with double pneumonia. She wasn't a rocket scientist-- but she
was as good with a 7 1/4" worm drive as all my uncles.

There need to be more rules of dumb, so we can avoid motion
sickness from watching the stripes on the bottom of the screen.
Good call, Your Honor. But I think they should leave your wife
out of the weather report unless she's shouldering a pair of cross-
countrys. That didn't come out quite right, did it?

edit on 27-1-2015 by derfreebie because: I guess you can get arrested for watching now, joy...

edit on 27-1-2015 by derfreebie because: Double smoothing of the data is prohibited...

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
De Blasio is basically declaring martial law--for a snowstorm that has not arrived.

As for reasons for a white man to marry a black lesbian, (or Black man, white lesbian)--the only one I can think of is to get more of the LGT and Black (or White, as the case may be) vote--it certainly isn't faithful sex or family rearing. Such a person should never be trusted with power. It is obvious after the Garner/police episode and now this Edict of Travel that de Blasio is a near idiot, but smart enough to be devious. TPTB can get anyone elected, which could be a way of saying "join us, or suffer under the fools we put in power."

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tusks

Speaking at the Office of Emergency Management headquarters in Brooklyn, the mayor—who faced criticism over the city’s response to last year’s winter storms—said only authorized city personnel would be allowed to drive on the streets starting at 11 p.m. or visit city parks beginning at 6 p.m. The restrictions may last for an undetermined number of days, the mayor said. Mr. de Blasio declared a “winter weather state of emergency” and said that thousands of Sanitation, Police, Fire, Parks, Homeless Services, 911 and 311 personnel have been working since Friday to prepare for the projected two feet of snow.

“We are ready to deal with this and whatever comes after,” he said. “The priority right now is anything related to the safety of our people."

You do realize that they're supposed to be getting a record amount of snow?

If it's a state of emergency, and the Mayor closes the roads....this assures people that a) they need not be out trying to get to their job lest they be fired, unless they are essential personnel and b) that there won't be abandoned cars littering the roads from stranded motorists blocking the way of emergency services.

So despite your apparent loathing of the Mayor, I applaud his decision. And I'm speaking as a person that has been stranded at work due to abandoned vehicles blocking roadways, and as a person that supplies repair parts to emergency service vehicles.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tusks
De Blasio is basically declaring martial law--for a snowstorm that has not arrived.

As for reasons for a white man to marry a black lesbian, (or Black man, white lesbian)--the only one I can think of is to get more of the LGT and Black (or White, as the case may be) vote--it certainly isn't faithful sex or family rearing. Such a person should never be trusted with power. It is obvious after the Garner/police episode and now this Edict of Travel that de Blasio is a near idiot, but smart enough to be devious. TPTB can get anyone elected, which could be a way of saying "join us, or suffer under the fools we put in power."

I'm guessing you aren't what people would refer to as the "cream of the intellectual crop." Huh?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

so america you can attack any nation of earth ,,but snow and you close a city??????????hahahaha . 

You're god damn right...why do you think we only attack warm-weather countries?!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
Maybe I missed it...but having seen a couple of screens from NYC...doesn't look all that terrifying to me so far.

Is this "storm of the century" bit a slight overkill...?

I heard a guy on the radio this morning reporting from NYC.
He said that they shut the subways down.
He also said that they got a total of 3 inches of snow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join