It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens before and after you die?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I don't believe anyone truly knows. All the religious gabble about Heaven and Hell have been invented as a punishment and reward system, just make people scared. Life is long. Some days seem to creep by and if we're sad or miserable, time seems to stop and the suffering goes on forever. Life is all too short. We get a few decades to see an entire race, a whole planet and learn the mysteries of the Universe.
Life is. Enjoy it while you can, you will get your answer all too soon.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

That's exactly how I feel too.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Suicide is frowned upon almost universally, one of the few things all control mechanisms (aka religion) agree on.

This leads me to believe in the consciousness continuing free from limitations of the body and brain.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Dudes people have come back from the dead to tell you what happens. . . .

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarxMarvellous

Suicide is frowned upon almost universally, one of the few things all control mechanisms (aka religion) agree on.

This leads me to believe in the consciousness continuing free from limitations of the body and brain.

Interesting point. Suicide is a way to die that I failed to mention. I wonder if committing the act changes anything during the after death process?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Dudes people have come back from the dead to tell you what happens. . . .

I don't think we will ever have solid evidence , but I believe in life after death .
There's too many people who have had the experience , and if you see them talk , they are telling the truth from what they saw .

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
And the people who don't believe !
I don't know how you dream at night !
That's another story , but I think they are tied together in some way .

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
OP, "Bloodydagger"... when you cite this:

'Ive also heard that seconds before you die you enter some kind of state of high clarity. I am not familiar with this'

the only "high clarity" states i ever heard of is in the Scientology teachings...which also has a subjective ring-of-truth as does the whole mess about death, approaching death, life after death psycho-dramas we all seem to share....
i say, melo-drama, poetic language, metaphors and mostly the mis-understanding of bits of knowledge passed on from a much earlier civilization who knew the human DNA and Genome

Definition of GENOME: one haploid set of chromosomes with the genes they contain; broadly: the genetic material of an organism..
The total genetic content contained in a haploid set of chromosomes in eukaryotes, in a single chromosome in bacteria or archaea, or in the DNA or RNA of viruses. An organism's genetic material

the ability to recreate an organism from remnants of DNA in the soil of the Earth, let alone from bones or other artifacts is the real basis for our modern myths of life-after-death or even resurrection, i.e.: cloning that is misrepresented/misunderstood in the human-collective-memory andredirected by Religion into a self-serving meme so that one becomes a 'believer' in that Faith.

this attempt to set straight our collective world view of death, heaven, etc. is nowhere near being as it needs to be... i just throw out the 'bigger picture' to show that our present thinking is on a level with superstition & hoo-doo majic about death, rebirth, paradise, and all that other fable material we are conditioned to believe is fundamental truth

as for Jesus remark to the thief beside him at Golgotha...'Paradise' or the complete immersion of your nurological being in a state of pleasure or ecstacy just before physical death is a regular physiological response to extreme pain.... the body & mind gets flooded with pain killing endorphins when the body is suffering intense pain and the mind concludes death is present
So, Jesus did not tell the repentant thief he would go to heaven, he said you will 'be in paradise' or IOWs swamped in a brain induced massive dose of self generated morphine like pain killer

edit on th31142236632227452015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Believe whatever you want. They were not DEAD. They may have appeared to be dead. The machine they were hooked-up to may have flatlined but they were not DEAD.

In 1943, at the age of 20, Dr. George G. Ritchie, Jr., M.D., (September, 25, 1923 – October 29, 2007) was a private in the Army stationed in Texas awaiting a transfer to Richmond to study medicine at the Medical College of Virginia to become a doctor for the military. However, he got sick with pneumonia and died. The Army physician in charge stated in a notarized statement that the medical officer summoned detected "no evidence of respiration or cardiac impulse" and declared Ritchie dead.

Thirty-five plus years ago, Jayne Smith was in the hospital in labor with her second baby. In the process, she experienced clinical death and had a near-death experience.

There are many many more stories like these two if you just read them. I guess all of these Doctors that pronounce people dead were just wrong?

You know what I'm not going to copy paste if you're too lazy to look on your own. It seems you have your mind made up anyways. Good for you.
edit on 27-1-2015 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Terence McKenna - Final Earthbound Interview

What is interesting in this interview, his last one while still in the world, is examining concepts that I understood. This is something intrinsic to this test. I will paraphrase: He brings up that scientists have an evolutionary model but that the data falls short as to how things could happen in the time frame given. (On an aside, would say, with Designers/Creators who boost evolutionary process which may be ET/Angels/God, etc, DNA is holographic and a kind of computer language and can change in real time. Another aspect of change is when you project a healthy cell into a damaged cell with light, they have reformed that damaged one in studies. And that particular thing shows us this is not a material world, and its not fixed, but changeable. And that would change evolutionary models.)

I believe in this video he brings up how science is compartmentalized and if all the different science disciplines and social science disciplines got together and shared their various findings, a whole picture might emerge.

In any case, we see evolution as a process of moving forward, by some accidental emergence of something from nothing. Which is ludicrous.

Instead we're in a system of infinity, levels, where we are pulled from ahead. By God/Higher Ups/Higher Self, our own souls in no time....By the All...we are pulled from ahead, from beyond the eschaton, or upgrade, progression, cosmic or local area, transformative event.

Going up a floor basically.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Quantum physics implies that I will meet God in the form of Jesus Christ when I die? I hadn't been aware of the religious connection.
haha, just teasin' ya. I couldn't resist. a reply to: Jim Scott

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Nobody can say really... Or they can, but nobody can guarantee...

Anybody who does claim to know for a fact is either a snake oil salesman, has a strong conviction in their faith, or is just a plain liar...

Is there truly a light at the end of the tunnel when you die?

I heard in passing, that light at the end of the tunnel is the Delivery Room on a Maternal Ward as a baby exits the Vagina...
& that's the single most scary thing I've ever heard...

No inbetween of any Spiritual kind...
Just straight back into the rat race...

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
BACK AGAIN by Larry Rich....free download...answers all yours points.

Short read and great explanations of the OPs point.

Then we can talk....

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

At what point during dying does the pain stop?

Why must there be pain for it to stop?

What if one dies enjoying themselves and having the feeling of euphoria, maybe during sex, or racing for the speedfreaks out there or any other act of enjoyment, listening to their I-Pad and hearing their favourite song, feeling great hearing their favorite song but not noticing the bus and BAM they die.

Why must there be pain, if so you should also ask to cover all bases, at what point during dying do sensations of life stop?

Anyway, I'd like to strike up a conversation here about what some of you ATSers think happens before and after death. Is there an afterlife of some sort?

you only have your beliefs everything else can be taken from you, what you believe in is how you should live, let those close to you that will be affected by your death know what you believe and it might help them after you are gone or it might not depending on what they believe.

It best to open up before rather than after because after no one might hear you.

Confusing enough for ya?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

And the people who don't believe !

everyone believes.

However what belief are you referring too?

everyone's is slightly different even ones that follow certain religions haven't got identical beliefs and at their core each has their own individual beliefs.

I don't know how you dream at night !

If you did many scientists would like to hear about it as I believe they are stuck on that one.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I like Christians who say "Jesus said" it always cracks me up

1. No one knows what he said.
2. The story is so old it could be fake.
3. Jehoshua Ben Joseph is the name of Jesus, why the # do you call him Jesus if his name at SHORTEST is Joshua or even shorter JOSH?
(If your name is Matthew, I call you Matt at best, NOT Max or Mark. Wtf is with this thinking).
4. His name is supposed to be Middle Eastern Arabic, Jesus as a name has no chance of direct translation, and first of all I know its not Jesus. There might be power in the name of Jesus now, because our consciousness is creative, and because more than half the world once believed it, Jesus spirit could have manifested. But original Jesus is long gone, and probably will not come back for the 2nd or the 3rd coming, it most likely be a completely different person. Because all of us are Sons/Daughters of our God, read the banned Scriptures and Gnostic Scroll translations. The next person with Christ Consciousness could be you.
5. Christian Religion aka Bible has no real logic whatsoever, that whole book is a riddle book at best.
6. People assume The Holy Trinity is one and the Same which is God, Jesus, Holy Spirit. But you're are wrong...
7. I think I'm done with my venting. I used to be a devoted Christian until I started questioning everything. And suddenly nothing made sense,like... at all. How can 1 person die for someone elses sins, karma doesnt work like that! You pay for your own actions and reactions! Everyone in the spiritual sense deserves and receives everything in return on what they do to others. I just don't believe that #, I believe Jehoshua should NOT HAVE DIED! And I think it was an execution of a great man other than god's son. You know, whatever, believe whatever you want to believe. It's not like I can change your perspective of things, only you can. the only good thing about Christian religion is the rare charities that they do and Christian music.
edit on 1272015 by AzuriteStar because: (no reason given)

edit on 1272015 by AzuriteStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

Believe whatever you want. They were not DEAD. They may have appeared to be dead. The machine they were hooked-up to may have flatlined but they were not DEAD.

In 1943, at the age of 20, Dr. George G. Ritchie, Jr., M.D., (September, 25, 1923 – October 29, 2007) was a private in the Army stationed in Texas awaiting a transfer to Richmond to study medicine at the Medical College of Virginia to become a doctor for the military. However, he got sick with pneumonia and died. The Army physician in charge stated in a notarized statement that the medical officer summoned detected "no evidence of respiration or cardiac impulse" and declared Ritchie dead.

Thirty-five plus years ago, Jayne Smith was in the hospital in labor with her second baby. In the process, she experienced clinical death and had a near-death experience.

There are many many more stories like these two if you just read them. I guess all of these Doctors that pronounce people dead were just wrong?

You know what I'm not going to copy paste if you're too lazy to look on your own. It seems you have your mind made up anyways. Good for you.

You seem unable to comprehend that "seemed dead" and "clinical death" are not literal death. I suggest that you discuss this with your physician. Death is the irreversible (repeat that word) cessation of bodily function. If it can be reversed, you were never dead.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

You seem unable to comprehend that "seemed dead" and "clinical death" are not literal death. I suggest that you discuss this with your physician. Death is the irreversible (repeat that word) cessation of bodily function. If it can be reversed, you were never dead.

And you seem unable to comprehend that not one of their doctors said they "seemed" dead.

They were almost all pronounced dead. Do doctors make a habit of pronouncing people dead if they just seem that way? No they don't. These people were dead no matter how you want to spin the words around. One guy even was on hospice with a terminal brain tumor, died and came back and made a full recovery. You're comparing apples to oranges here and doing a very poor job at that.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

And you seem unable to comprehend that not one of their doctors said they "seemed" dead.

They were almost all pronounced dead. Do doctors make a habit of pronouncing people dead if they just seem that way? No they don't. These people were dead no matter how you want to spin the words around. One guy even was on hospice with a terminal brain tumor, died and came back and made a full recovery. You're comparing apples to oranges here and doing a very poor job at that.

The medical doctor stated that he DETECTED no evidence of respiration or cardiac impulse. In other words, the person seemed dead. His inability to detect respiration or cardiac impulse does not mean it wasn't present. That is the very reason why there is a distinction between clinical death and actual death. However, you may, at your option, believe the fairytale version of these stories rather than accept the fact that doctors make mistakes. Whatever you do, don't look up the distinction between clinically dead and dead.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

If you are so polarized about this topic and have nothing to offer this thread besides repeating the same thing over and over, why not just ignore this thread and stop replying?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join