It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The weirdest thing you ever ate?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Haggis and black pudding are normal for me but i once ate a whole box of weetibix dry as i could not be bothered going to get milk ,i also eat onions like apples , boxes of cornflakes or alpen dry as well as bread

yip i am a weirdo what is your excuse for being on the thread

edit on 27/1/2015 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Well there was this time I accidentally- wait, that may violate T&C.

So one time I smashed up a bunch of- wait that may violate T&C..

Years ago I was asked if I wanted to eat- wait that may violate T&C...

Salted Squid Jerky. I couldn't even rip a bite off without wanting to vomit.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
A beef brain sandwich.
I ate the whole thing.
I would never do it again.
There is a whole story behind it, why I was obliged to eat it, the household it was made in... etc.

It did not taste bad, but the texture was horrible. There was apple butter on it too.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I've had Liverwurst and Onion sandwiches as a kid. My dad was eating it ad I asked for a taste. It was quite good so he made me a half a sandwich.

I also LOVE tripe soup that Campbell's makes called Pepper Pot Soup. They no longer make or distribute it, so I'm trying to figure out a similar recipe to make my own. I gross a lot of people out when thy hear I eat that. Again it started out with tasting some of my dad's and him sharing with me. I became a fan immediately. It was the only tomato based soup I was able to at without getting sick. I miss it today. Amazon has some in stock, but it's in massive quantities. About 6 months worth for me. I'm considering getting it.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Raw horse chunks at a bar in Japan. Over there, they'd put them out on the bar counter and you could nibble while you had drinks. So I tried it.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I tried crocodile and it was ok. I said to the girl "I'll have a crocodile sandwich and make it snappy." Not great it tasted like some sort of meat. Have eaten kangaroo and it was good -much like stringy beef. My sister cooked brains once and it was disgusting. On a trip to NZ I had smoked eel and that was really good.
My wife has tried witchetty grubs and she said they were sweet and were like chicken. But the worst thing I have ever seen anyone eat was this garlic flavoured yoghurt that our Lebanese cleaner was eating one day. It looked and smelled exactly like vomit. I said to him that it smelt as though it had gone off. He agreed but ate it anyway. I have a strong stomach but this was revolting and I would feel sick just thinking about it.
bon apetit

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I swallowed whole a live smelt right out of the river just like a seagull. Boy do they get excited when they hit the stomach acid. Won't be doing that again.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
A beef brain sandwich.
I ate the whole thing.
There is a whole story behind it, why I was obliged to eat it, the household it was made in... etc.

It did not taste bad, but the texture was horrible. There was apple butter on it too.

Brains are almost pure cholesterol. You need to reduce cholesterol so your brain shrinks.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: butcherguy
A beef brain sandwich.
I ate the whole thing.

Brains are almost pure cholesterol. You need to reduce cholesterol so your brain shrinks.

I was just a teenager when I was given the special treat.
My cholesterol levels are good today though.

If you could have seen the house where this sandwich was made, eeewwww.
I visited there once. There was a billy goat on the front porch, and the stench was horrendous. When I went inside, there was a mange infested dog sitting on a rocking chair at the kitchen table. The kitchen floor could have been shoveled before sweeping, due to the amount of trash and dirt on it.
I had seen all of this long before I was given the sandwich, so I had all of those images and odors coming back to me while I slowly chewed and swallowed every bite of that sandwich. It seemed like an eternity before I finished it.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I swallowed whole a live smelt right out of the river just like a seagull. Boy do they get excited when they hit the stomach acid. Won't be doing that again.

Hey, I am in that club.
I ate a portion of a live smelt from Lake Champlain once.
It was what they called a 'Port Henry Racer' locally, meaning it was a very large smelt. We actually took bites out of the fish.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I freakin love those. Dipped in some sriracha and drinking an ice cold beer..yum yuma reply to: Sremmos80

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Bear - it was tasty, tender, and quite lean.

Soybeans fermented with some kind of fungus - it was touted as a health food. Don't remember what it was called.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BerenstEiner

I once enjoyed raw octopus and found it pretty tasty. The chef then pulled out a sea cucumber (read slug) struck it with a large mallet to get it squirming then proceeded to slice it thin while still moving. I did not partake.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Lutefisk -Fish cured in Lye and salt and then boiled.
(A lot of people don't like it but I do.)

Smoked octopus, which is really good.
(came in a can like smoked oysters)

Shrimp eggs

Live smelt (I see others have done that hahah)

I once ate a mosquito that had bitten me as a payback.

Pickled Pigs feet.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

It's a toss-up for me between two things...

My cousin Jerry went rabbit hunting, and made a haul.
My aunt southern fried them in bread crumbs and something
else that shouldn't have been used to make the coating stick.
I didn't make it with half a plate, not even to the bathroom.
Sorry Beez, I swear it'll never happen again.

My band had a new singer for a little while. As the bass player
and designated driver that day to Woody's studio, Gary (tubes)
was sitting shotgun.
There was a long-gone and dehydrated (but intact) blue bottle
on my dusty, unkempt dash. "Whattya give me??"
"What you gonna eat that fly?"
Shock humor value, but it was like a grain of pepper. meh.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Not sure if this counts, but I ate an olive once. Now, you're probably wondering why I saw fit to put an olive in a "strangest things you've eaten" thread. Well, all things are relative, you see. And that olive was memorable to me for one reason... That olive was the most vile, disgusting, horrid thing I have ever tasted. I'm not even exaggerating, I felt pure revulsion. Never again will I so much as touch one of those god-forsaken things.

Also, I ate grass once when I was little. I threw it back up.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: BerenstEiner
What is the most strange or weird food or bugs and animals you ever ate?

One day, I broke open a Mexican jumping bean and there was some type of larve grub thing in the bean. It looked kinda like a maggot.

I thought "Oh, this is the thing that makes the bean jump."

Then, for reasons I dont know, I wanted to taste the little larve. It was plump and for some reason to me, it looked tasty.

So i said " What the hell?" And I put the little larve thing in my mouth and started chewing it.

It tasted like an almond.

Lol.

One time, I was drinking at 2 am in China with some Chinese dudes, and they ordered sheep's penis, on a skewer.
edit on 27-1-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Quartered, dipped in batter and deep fried "Hog Fries" (testicles) at the Idle Hour Country club in Lexington Kentucky, absolutely delicious. Funny thing we were with this black executive from Boston who did not know what he ate until we told him. Was the first time I ever saw a black guy turn white..

Then last year in Southern Norway, I ate rare grilled whale meat. Absolutely delicious!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

While playing Poker one day with a few of My Budz,a cricket jumped on the table. One of te guys flicked it off and it landed on the counter top, a few feet away. A minute or so later it jumped back on the table! Another guy swiped it off with the back of his hand onto the floor. Almost immediately it jumped back u p onto the table! It was annoying as hell, and kind strange! I scooped it up into My hand and popped it into My mouth! I took a swig of Brew and swallowed it whole! LOL!!!
The funniest/thought provoking thing about it all was one dude then said, "Hey Maybe it was Somebody We knew reincarnated into a Cricket and was trying to tell Us something!!? LMAO!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
My next door neighbor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join