It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush - R40 Tour

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Tour Dates Date Location Venue Tickets
May 8, 2015 Tulsa BOK Center On sale January 30, 2015
May 10, 2015 Lincoln Pinnacle Bank Arena On Sale Soon
May 12, 2015 St. Paul Xcel Energy Center On sale January 30, 2015
May 14, 2015 St. Louis Scottrade Center On Sale Soon
May 16, 2015 Austin 360 Ampitheater On Sale Soon
May 18, 2015 Dallas American Airlines Center On sale January 30, 2015
May 20, 2015 Houston The Toyota Center On sale January 30, 2015
May 22, 2015 New Orleans Smoothie King Center On Sale Soon
May 24, 2015 Tampa Amalie Arena On Sale Soon
May 26, 2015 Atlanta Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre On Sale Soon
May 28, 2015 Greensboro The Greensboro Coliseum On Sale Soon
May 30, 2015 Bristow (DC Area) Jiffy Lube Live On sale January 30, 2015
June 8, 2015 Columbus Nationwide Arena On Sale Soon
June 10, 2015 Buffalo First Niagara Center On sale January 30, 2015
June 12, 2015 Chicago United Center On sale January 30, 2015
June 14, 2015 Detroit Palace of Auburn Hills On Sale Soon
June 17, 2015 Toronto (I) Air Canada Centre On sale February 6, 2015
June 19, 2015 Toronto (II) Air Canada Centre On sale February 6, 2015
June 21, 2015 Montreal Bell Centre On sale February 7, 2015
June 23, 2015 Boston TD Garden On sale January 30, 2015
June 25, 2015 Philadelphia The Wells Fargo Center On sale January 30, 2015
June 27, 2015 Newark Prudential Center On sale January 30, 2015
June 29, 2015 New York Madison Square Garden On sale January 30, 2015
July 9, 2015 Kansas City Sprint Center On Sale Soon
July 11, 2015 Denver Pepsi Center On sale January 30, 2015
July 13, 2015 Salt Lake City Maverik Center On Sale Soon
July 15, 2015 Calgary Scotiabank Saddledome On sale February 6, 2015
July 17, 2015 Vancouver Rogers Arena On sale February 6, 2015
July 19, 2015 Seattle Key Arena On Sale Soon
July 21, 2015 Portland MODA Center On Sale Soon
July 23, 2015 San Jose SAP Center at San Jose On sale January 30, 2015
July 25, 2015 Las Vegas MGM Grand Garden Arena On Sale Soon
July 27, 2015 Phoenix US Airways Center On Sale Soon
July 30, 2015 Irvine Meadows Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre On Sale Soon
August 1, 2015 Los Angeles The Forum On Sale Soon

This will be the last tour of it's "magnitude", I think the word was, whatever that means. I don't think they will give it up but scaling it down I can see.

So who's in? I'm going to pull out CMFA and give it a spin.

ETA: Sorry, forgot this link to radio interview with Al.

www.q107.com...

Maybe we will get Jacob's Ladder this time around? I'm so very curious to see the set list but I will refrain. I like being surprised. They are still tinkering with the set list but whatever they choose to play, I'll enjoy. This may be the last time I ever see them so they could pull out I Think I'm Going Bald and I'd enjoy it.
edit on 1/26/2015 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Ok, first of all....for Denver...THE PEPSI CENTER? NOT Red Rocks? For christ's sake...Neil has blatantly SAID that they think Red Rocks is THE place to play, PERIOD.

and second....

WHY TF am I UNEMPLOYED!!! GOD!!!! I now know I'm going to end up paying stubhub or something a damned thousand dollars long after tickets have sold out just to get a good seat...

FRAK ME!!!!!

ARGGGHHH!!!!!

-NF

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

BTW, if you die before seeing a band of the caliber of RUSH at RedRocks....you were screwed, my friend.

screwed.

There is NO single better place IN THE WORLD to see a band you truly love, let alone one as singularly awesome as RUSH....

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

The cover of Neil's Roadshow book is from Red Rocks on the R30 tour. I was there at that show and may or may not be a dot in that cover. I wouldn't be surprised if the pic was taken while I was getting beer but I was there and yeah, it was awesome.

Though it's just a memory, some memories last forever.

Good luck getting tix. I know what it's like to have no money.
edit on 1/26/2015 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Man I really would like the R40 boxset, but $101 is way out of my budget. And I can't even imagine the horror of the price of tickets.
And the only michigan show is at the Palace of alburn hills. That's too far for me and my broken down old truck, dammit!
R40 Boxset

edit on 1/26/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I saw R30 at the Nissan Pavillion in Virginia...blech...but you know where I'm coming from about RedRocks

Saw Snakes and Arrows as well as Clockwork Angels at RedRocks....

And, well, since then...the state has become MUCH greener

The day they announce retirement, is the day I sit and weep. Nobody can go on for ever. But as I've been a diehard fan for 34 years...it will be a very, very difficult day. And month. And year.

-NF

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

I paid a little over $900 for a pair of good (not great, but good) seats at Red Rocks for Snakes and Arrows.

Worth.

Every.

Penny.

Will.

Pay.

More.

Have.

Cute.

Daughter.

Barter ?

-NF

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides
LOL, no cute anything in my life right now

I guess I will just have to listen to my live bootlegs and pretend eh?
edit on 1/26/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I saw Rush at Red Rocks in Denver in 2010, The Time machine tour.

Best concert I ever saw in my life, best musical venue I've ever been to.

I got about 45 mins of HD video from it,with a Sony HD handycam, which was quite hard to do. The security guys would hassle you on sight with a video camera. They didn't care about phones and especially not widespread partaking of the kind smoke. Just video cameras. I had to keep moving around and hiding from them. It was like being hunted. I got Peart on camera dropping a stick when he chucked it in the air.

I'm going to try and get Tickets for MSG. I live just an hour away but I've never seen a gig there. I think the tickets will sell out in five nano seconds though.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I went to tons of concerts years ago. Hell I remember tickets being like ten bucks! I refuse to pay the outrageous prices they charge today.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Waaaaaa....

I've been patiently waiting for them to come over here (Australia) for many moons but alas it looks like it will never happen sadly.

I'm just very happy that I got a chance to see them in '96 for the TFE tour - saw them twice in LA. It was a dream come true for me...best concert i've ever been to. I doubt there's any drug out there that could make me feel as happy as I was that night when I first saw them!

You buggers over there get all the good concerts!! Bah Humbug I say

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Cruff

Start looking now and maybe you can find a cheap plane ticket. Probably not but worth a shot. They aren't doing Europe or S.A. this time around either so you aren't the only ones getting shafted.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

That's me. The prices are just outrageous and I just won't pay them. I saw Rush several times at Roberts Stadium in Evansville Indiana waaaay back in the late 70s/early 80s. To this day, I still believe they are the best band on the planet, bar none.
I will join millions of fans in grief when they announce their retirement.
edit on 27-1-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I saw Rush in 87/88 hold your fire tour for $25. I think it time to see them again and hopefully the tickets aren't too expensive. The cheapest concert I went to was a Stevie Ray Vaughan concert a guy sold me his extra ticket for $10.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Last time I saw them was the Roll The Bones tour of 92.

I hope they don't forget blighty.

Really want to see them this time.

They're getting very long in the tooth now (even older than me).

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Would love to do that but my wife and 5 month old baby would protest a bit too much alas!

Ahh well, at least I got to see them in the past - a lot of Aussie fans haven't been able to.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Yeah, I'm thinking "Honey, I'm off to the States to see Rush" might not go over very well. Bummer, that.

At least there will be a dvd of the show, at least given their recent track record. I move from a place where the '02 Vapor Trails show happened two weeks after I left to a place where it happened right before I moved there so I missed that one but at least there's Rush in Rio, right?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Haha bad timing eh!

Yeah, I've got the Rush in Rio which was great. It also featured one of my favourite bands Uakti playing in the background.

I bought the Clockwork Angels dvd which I haven't watched yet so looking forward to checking that out too.

OT: I recently found out that there is a lullaby version of Rush songs called Rockabye Baby. I think that will go down well with my daughter and plant the seed for loving Rush for the rest of her life

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

In the CMFA Live video there's a shot of someone with a sign that reads "Our father forced us to be Rush fans". Must have been one cool dad. Get 'em while they are young, unfortunately your young'un won't ever have the chance to hold up a sign like that.

Thank the Gods I never had kids. They would be listening to Spock's Beard or something odder and would probably have a hard time in life.

Seven days until I can buy tickets. The last few times I've just gotten a ticket wherever, this time I'm going to try and get a good seat. May have to break my bank account but it's Rush and they are certainly worth breaking the bank for.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I went to tons of concerts years ago. Hell I remember tickets being like ten bucks! I refuse to pay the outrageous prices they charge today.

I'm right there with you on that. It's insane what they want for tickets, don't think I could bring myself to pay the prices they want now days. They were about $5-$10 when I was a teen.

That's one rigorous tour schedule. I'd like to see Rush again, this tour kicks off in my state, but money is tight so it probably won't happen.
I was fortunate enough to have seen them four times back in the 70's and early 80's. One of the best bands I've ever seen live.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join