It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Claim that Bergdahl has been charged with desertion...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Let's hope that this is true.

That POS deserves to rot in jail.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: lynxpilot

UCMJ has different rules then the civilian based criminal system.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Let's hope that this is true.

That POS deserves to rot in jail.

Agreed

I'm sure he will say he is a woman trapped in a mans body like that other traitor.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
www.armytimes.com...

According to the Army Times, these reports are untrue.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IamAbeliever
www.armytimes.com...

According to the Army Times, these reports are untrue.

I figured this was the case. What does a retired officer know about the goings on on active duty? Plus it's FoxNews. Just another "expert" that they can parade on tv so they can continue to talk about something no one cares about anymore.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

To be sure the left doesn't want to deal with this rather straightforward problem that makes Obama look bad.
So I also take it "with a grain of salt" why CNN's sources has not also reported on this development.

Obama doesn't look nearly as bad as the lying bunch of Republicans that started this phony war in the first place. how much did dick Cheney make on this war anyway. Obama, geesh

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
NBC News says yes: NBC

CNN says maybe: CNN

So I guess we'll see soon enough.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: EssexD

I believe the Armytimes on these matters over CNN or MSNBC.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I agree.

But it does seem to be hitting the MSM.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: EssexD

Probably because they are repeating Fox News. Looks like the standard MSM circle jerk to me.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Considering that his own unit more or less hung him out to dry, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he does get charged with something.

There are also reports that admin higher ups are keeping this as quiet as possible since several laws were broken to make the swap itself, nevermind who was being swapped.

Rolling Stone has picked it up that Bergdahl will be charged.

UPDATE: Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl will be charged with desertion, NBC News reports. The charges, which a source described as going well beyond a lesser offense of being absent without leave, could be referred within a week. Defense and military sources told the news network that though a court martial could lead to a prison sentence, Bergdahl would likely receive consideration for the years he spent in captivity and be allowed to leave the Army with a "less than honorable discharge."

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
He walked away from his duty in a war zone and went looking to hug the enemy. This caused US military personnel to have to go looking for him and some died doing so. He deserves to be put on trial for desertion. If found guilty, he should be jailed for life (the death penalty is available for this crime).

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think he is the one that hung his unit and the country out to dry?

I agree they have a need to try to keep it all low key

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
He walked away from his duty in a war zone and went looking to hug the enemy. This caused US military personnel to have to go looking for him and some died doing so. He deserves to be put on trial for desertion. If found guilty, he should be jailed for life (the death penalty is available for this crime).

Actually they determined early on that he deserted and the order to search for him is on the backs of the ones commanding them to search for a deserter.

I do not think he is responsible for there deaths but the commanders that gave the order to search are responsible.
edit on 27-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Just out of curiosity, do you have a militairy background?

And what are your feelings on treason with regards to the oath of protecting the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If it is substantiated that he did indeed "walk away" from his unit, in a combat zone, the death penalty would seem to light a punishment in my opinion.

Just not something you do and I don't care about the whiny cries of those that have never been there. This sort of thing is intensely personal for combat vets.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: ketsuko

I think he is the one that hung his unit and the country out to dry?

I agree they have a need to try to keep it all low key

Well, I totally agree with that, but I meant that none of his former unit came forward to stand up for him. Any that spoke up spoke against him.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
New York Post originally reported on this but have since redacted.

Army denies that Bowe Bergdahl is set to be charged with desertion

“The reporting from Fox News and NBC on Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl is patently false. To be clear there have been no actions or decisions on the Sgt. Bergdahl investigation. The investigation is still with the Commanding General of U.S. Army Forces Command who will determine appropriate action — which ranges from no further action to convening a court martial. We understand the public interest in this case and once a decision has been made, the Army will be open and transparent in this matter.”

This story needs to be Hoax binned.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

True, they thought he might have deserted. They had to treat it as if he were 'missing'. But if he hadn't deserted in the first place, none of that would have happened. He's responsible, IMHO.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I don't think the guy was ever right in the head to begin with. Did he walk away? Maybe. If so he should be punished... then again he shouldn't have been admitted and his unit were assholes. Prior to the trade for his life, republicans were screaming how wrong it was for Obama to leave him there. Praise Kyle, condemn Bergdahl. Politics...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join