It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Creature in a Tuna Can

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
a reply to: tinker9917

Gross.

I think I would put it in Fermaldehyde and tell people I used to work in Area-51.

Now that's a dang good idea.
It sure wood freak some people out.
edit on 27-1-2015 by grayghost because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Will you elaborate on this picture? Is it something actually found by you or someone else? It makes me sick.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

When it grows up, it'll look like this...

Herculoids?

Just because someone found this you people would stop eating tuna?
You know what most people ingest on a daily basis?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
A can of tuna, which includes mystery meat.

I used to like those cans of tiny shrimp until after eating half a can one day I spotted a dead fly in it. Yuck, never ate another can of tiny shrimp after that.
edit on 27-1-2015 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: grayghost

originally posted by: OrphanApology

Gross.

I think I would put it in Fermaldehyde and tell people I used to work in Area-51.

Now that's a dang good idea.
It sure wood freak some people out.

Not as much as Alien Abortion!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

So It's a Tunashrimp??

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Oh, if I may, how could I forget my Reese's PB cup from an old, crappy corner store that tasted ... off... looked down and saw a writhing mass of teensy maggots and little flies in the uneaten half... and the little flies erupted out and covered my little glasses... almost cute if I hadn't had several hundred mushed on my tongue. I think I spat for an hour.

But it's all relative... when one is starving, these sort of stories don't matter as much.

My bro went through the AF Academy's survival training were he learned stolen chickens can indeed run around without a head and grubs and raw snails can taste like ... if not ambrosia, then not too gagging-gross... and several acquaintances who've had bouts of homelessness love to recount tales of meals found in dumpsters... I, for one, am not in a hurry to fight an ornery, hissing rat over a pile of seafood that has been rotting for two summer days or learn how to eat around the green-grey splotches on used sandwiches.

Oh yes, there's also the greenish, hard, yet slimy in patches, baloney in county lock-up, served on stale white bread... that scared me straight when I er ...was a drug scofflaw.

Some day, they'll invent a nice, clean pill that contains all our nutritional needs, doesn't produce a speck of poop and we can all live in sterile splendor.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

That's really nasty! I too have opened up some sort of chocolate treat, don't remember now what brand, that was full of worms. I didn't eat mine though. My dad always told me that all chocolate had worm eggs in it and that given enough time they would hatch. Well, I know from experience that worms can hatch in chocolate candy but it has to be really old for that to happen.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
My bro went through the AF Academy's survival training were he learned stolen chickens can indeed run around without a head and grubs and raw snails can taste like ... if not ambrosia, then not too gagging-gross...

The chicken thing is more than a lot of people can handle.

Although I have to admit, it did help a lot that I had been waylaying chickens, popping off their heads and cleaning them for dinner since I was a pre-teen.

"There's your dinner, boys!" (dumps sacks of live chickens in the clearing)
"Sergeant, is that potable water on the truck?"
"Yes, son"
"Dinner is served" (picks up rock, nails chicken)

Although I do have to admit, it takes a second or two of mental adjustment for chicken sushi. Although in the end, it still tastes like chicken. It does not have a pleasing texture though.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Wow that is very gross. I've had a beetle in a 100 grand candy bar. Though the fly in my cigarette was the worst, due to the fact I didn't know right away. Never smoked another cigarette and still gag thinking about it.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

and this is why I don't care if people call me a snob or princess--this is why I like buying expensive food from someplace like Fresh Market. And why I never buy those crappy frozen meals and am only comfortable eating michaelinas, stoffers, lean cuisine and better ones and even then I'm insanely picky about my meat and examine every bit before deciding whether or not to eat it.

I've never gotten anything weird in my food. The worst was worms in a peach once when I was 3 and trying my first peach LOL

a reply to: blindprometheus

omg how did you even know? I don't smoke cigs anymore--switched to ecigs. I remember tasting a handful of weird cigs. Some really bad others tasted almost like someone had dropped some shwag into the tobacco mix lol ew. If I ever got a fly in mine I probably smoked it >_< hahahaha ewwww

edit on 4-2-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Rukia, I hate to do this, and they may have cleaned up their act, but Lean Cuisine.. .er, my mousey was in one of those and a few years back (when you likely were learning to read) Lean Cuisine had a slew of incidents like that...i.e. mystery protein.. but Stoufers is cool... heh, and Lean C had to pay lawsuits and hopefully cleaned their factories.

I would join you in food snobbery , in theory, but as a recent born again bachelor, I pretty much eat like I'm attempting suicide and can't bring myself to cook for one ...buying fresh food always ends with it getting tossed as I was too optimistic and never get around to preparing it... so... at least I supplement!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Heh... my Bro was the typical white bread suburban boy who never slaughtered his food before... and they cheated on their survival /hellweek and stole the chickens (totally against the rules but starvation makes desperation!) so he was shaken by the 3 laps the headless bird made!

Didn't stop them from tearing into it, though... and raw chicken.. .that's a salmonella death sentence if it's a factory bird, but a farm bird? Fine... and likely like tougher sushi, I'd imagine.

Old hat to a special force guy as yourself... but my bro was an AF pansy...heh.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: blindprometheus

Ewww..charred fly... almost beats microwaved mouse as far as smell I'd bet.

Well, maybe it was the universes' way to get you to quit... almost wish I'd get one.. .almost.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

oh yeah I know about that one. I remember when it happened and that's when my parents and I started fully examining everything that came in our frozen food haha
If I ever found some ish I'd boycott them immediately. Same with any other company. One strike they're out.

Yeah, I blame my parents for my food prissiness. xD
I can def be overly picky sometimes though. I think it all started when I was little and my dad told us about a friend of his at work who found a rat leg--claws and all--in his Nutrageous Bar (I think). haha

Escargot is tasty, though. Raw snails yumyum

If I was dying of starvation I would still not eat that can of tuna tho lol I'd rather die--lol or just buy another can and make sure it's albacore and not that other nasty stuff.

Threads like this make me feel less bad about picking apart each piece of tuna and digging around the cans to pick out pieces that don't look perfect xD

OCD FTW

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: Bedlam

Heh... my Bro was the typical white bread suburban boy who never slaughtered his food before... and they cheated on their survival /hellweek and stole the chickens... but my bro was an AF pansy...

I work with an old SERE-A instructor sometimes and James says the AF guys had to eat Ranger chicken too in A level SERE. Although they don't face the eyeball soup challenge later.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Tongue eating fish Cymothoa exigua ?

You called it!

...The tiny creature discovered in a tin of tuna by a Nottingham mother is a tongue-eating louse, scientists believe.

But the Natural History Museum said that the head probably belonged to a Cymothoa exigua, or tongue-eating louse. The parasite lives inside a fish, entering through its gills and attaching itself to its host’s tongue.

Stuart Hine, Identification and Advisory Service manager, from the Natural History Museum, in London, said: “‘From what I can see I would support the head of a Tongue-eating louse, Cymothoa exigua, or similar.
Source

Or at the very least, the experts agree.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
it is when you cough up a chunk from your lungs.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

That's gross...didn't know there was such a thing!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinker9917
a reply to: Gemwolf

That's gross...didn't know there was such a thing!

The worse is that, they can get bigger if humans keep trowing food for them in the oceans....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join