It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumb Dumb Americans Repeal the bill of rights???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: neo96

Just kidnap a few more German Scientists & instead of trying them for War Crimes stick them in a Laboratory...

Hey presto...

You'll be landing men on the moon again in no time.

Ok, now that one made me chuckle. Good one, Charlie.

Dice does lead people into his ruse using psychological queues, but the ones that make the cut do fall right into it. I watched a vid of one of his outings the other night about MLK Day, pretty sad.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Videos like that are why I strongly believe voters should be required to pass a basic civics test in order to vote. The thought of my vote being neutralized by some idiot that doesn't even know who the Vice President is or the three branches of government really gets under my skin. It is one thing to have a honest disagreement about policy, but when you have hoards of uneducated voters running to the polls, you get the situation we are in now.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

America is a smart nation, so why do we keep voting in the retards we have in congress. You can let it slide on the president. He gets one maybe two terms. But these congressmen...some of them are in for life. That's the problem

Obviously I am going to disagree.

Washington is a reflection of us.

Garbage in Garbage out.

Mencken says it better:

When a candidate for public office faces the voters he does not face men of sense; he faces a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas, or even of comprehending any save the most elemental — men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion, and whose dominant emotion is dread of what they cannot understand. So confronted, the candidate must either bark with the pack or be lost... All the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum. The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

Mencken
edit on 26-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: sageturkey

Ahh who am I to judge anyways...
At least you had the ingenuity to use them to your advantage and reach the Moon...

Same with Russia taking all the other Scientists for the same Space based endeavours...

The UK had to watch it all on T.V...

edit on 26-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Lol I wouldnt expect my fellow Americans to know they had rights at all.

Replace the same bill of rights with the 2nd amendment and most would probably be like ok sure thing. . . .

Which makes one wonder if these rights will be around for much longer, they may already be gone, we just have the illusion of having them.
edit on 26-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It is scary to know that the general public is stupid, but only because they want to be stupid. People's perception of this country is skewed to the point of obscurity. As long as people don't face the problems of the world themselves then we will never be able to fix anything.

But if you # with peoples money then they suddenly crap out their intestines and hand them over to you.

edit on 1272015 by GiulXainx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: GiulXainx
It is scary to know that the general public is stupid, but only because they want to be stupid. People's perception of this country is skewed to the point of obscurity. As long as people don't face the problems of the world themselves then we will never be able to fix anything.
But if you # with peoples money then they suddenly crap out their intestines and hand them over to you.

Well considering the intellignece level of the public I wouldnt expect too much that way I wont be dissapointed when all our rights are gone. BTW the police can arrest you for nothing and put you in jail for nothing at all, no trial no nothing, and its all perfectly legal. What did my fellow Americans do about that. . . . Nothing as usual.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: ketsuko

Just having information does not make a person smart. I think many fail to realize this. True intelligence is being able to recognize patterns, solve puzzles, and math problems.

What good is knowing a bunch of useless trivia? (besides a Jeopardy appearance)

Thank you. Anybody can memorize a bunch of answers. Intelligence is more about the process you take when applying knowledge to solve a problem. It's why in math classes you always have to show you work. The process you take to get to the answer is more important than the answer itself.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Videos like that are why I strongly believe voters should be required to pass a basic civics test in order to vote. The thought of my vote being neutralized by some idiot that doesn't even know who the Vice President is or the three branches of government really gets under my skin. It is one thing to have a honest disagreement about policy, but when you have hoards of uneducated voters running to the polls, you get the situation we are in now.

This is why I dont support the get out and vote movements. I have no problems with anyone voting, however I do have problems with people who otherwise couldnt care less being corralled and herded to a polling station. The system is designed so that it can function with stupid voters, its pretty much the basic assumption in the system. Where we've been failing lately is that it can't function without good candidates and that's not something were getting much of. The two party stranglehold has reduced us to two extremes.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Which makes one wonder if these rights will be around for much longer, they may already be gone, we just have the illusion of having them.

You should ask the Native Americans and the Japanese about these rights we speak of so fondly..

As I recalled well native americans that is self explanatory.. Those damn savages..

The Japanese lost thier rights when Pearl Harbor was attacked.. They got put into camps and nobody said a damn thing about it..

Ironic thing.. These rights are yours as long as they allow you to have them.. The minute they dont want you to they turn you into an enemy and take them.. It is simple as that..

CT people..
They tried pulling this BS a few yrs ago when a bomb went or in NYC city and blamed '9/11 truthers" for it..
So ya they are conditioning people for the next big Jap round up... they are taking thier time because well Americans and all I suppose.. But the day will come.. Alot of people smell it on this board.. We just cant point where and when.

::EDIT::

And the rash of other things that go along with this..
Like the FBI killing in pgh.. the guy was a CT person.. And many others..

edit on 1/27/2015 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I will make one thing clear:

I have meet many Americans I found intelligent and I respect.

BUT

When Americans do stupid they really do go full retard

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
a reply to: datasdream

Individuals that would trade Freedom for Safety will end up with neither...

And another thing - I don't mind stupid people as they can be educated. I worry about the other ones...

I like both. Good programs, councils of citizens with abilities to fire any employee, be them politician, president, judge, sheriff, etc. But you see, having medicare and programs, guaranteed incomes, price control on essentials, education, help for the handicapped and elderly, business start ups, numerous numerous good things for people, (and probably not the american models) is not crazy glued onto fascist bills that take away rights.

The problem is, these evil control front men who keep trying to glue opposite concepts together.

We need equally the energies of Mom/Equality and Dad/Freedom wedded together.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Oh it's one of those "street videos" where a guy goes and interviews people on the street to make a point but ALWAYS fails to tell you how many people he talked to that DIDN'T say what he was phishing for them to say.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Oh it's one of those "street videos" where a guy goes and interviews people on the street to make a point but ALWAYS fails to tell you how many people he talked to that DIDN'T say what he was phishing for them to say.

Yeah, I hate when they do that. Like this guy. How many people did they have to go through to find him!?!?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Surely you aren't going to start a gaff war with me and politicians right? For one, I can pull up FAR more gaffs from President Bush and for two, it is irrelevant to the point I am making (I don't even like Obama). All politicians make gaffs.

These street videos are ALWAYS done the same way. Some guy with predetermined conclusion hits the streets and starts interviewing people. Once he finishes, he goes to an editing room and edits out all the times that his conclusion wasn't presented. Then he presents the video on youtube so that it looks like his preprepared conclusion was correct all along. Except no, that is poor statistical sampling. And to buy into it is the same as buying into propaganda. Intellectual dishonesty is what it is.
edit on 27-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Jamie1

Surely you aren't going to start a gaff war with me and politicians right? For one, I can pull up FAR more gaffs from President Bush and for two, it is irrelevant to the point I am making (I don't even like Obama). All politicians make gaffs.

These street videos are ALWAYS done the same way. Some guy with predetermined conclusion hits the streets and starts interviewing people. Once he finishes, he goes to an editing room and edits out all the times that his conclusion wasn't presented. Then he presents the video on youtube so that it looks like his preprepared conclusion was correct all along. Except no, that is poor statistical sampling. And to buy into it is the same as buying into propaganda. Intellectual dishonesty is what it is.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

Find another Presidential that didn't know how many states there are in the United States.

And this is relevant because the sampling of people advocating for the repeal of the Bill of Rights are the people who voted for the guy who thought there were 57 states.

I'm guessing it will be hard to find people who are opposed to Obama advocating that the Bill of Rights be repealed.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
Go ahead. I'll wait.

Find another Presidential that didn't know how many states there are in the United States.

No, I won't be doing that. It is a stupid tit-for-tat. Like I said, ALL politicians make gaffes at some point or another. It just comes with the territory of always being filmed when you are speaking. Sometimes a stupidity will slip out.

And this is relevant because the sampling of people advocating for the repeal of the Bill of Rights are the people who voted for the guy who thought there were 57 states.

No, I am telling you that the sampling of the people is flawed. We don't know how many people he talked to that were Obama supporters who DIDN'T want the Bill of Rights repealed. Go retake a sampling course. I thought you were a scientist? Tsk tsk...

I'm guessing it will be hard to find people who are opposed to Obama advocating that the Bill of Rights be repealed.

Yes, you are guessing, because the sampling in the youtube video didn't create a control group to address that measure now did it? All we see are the successful hits. So if we are to believe the video as a whole, 100% of Obama supporters would be ok with repealing the Bill of Rights. That is stupid and anyone with a brain will know it isn't true.

It is very telling that you are arguing this strawman about presidential gaffes after I've pointed out how the sampling in the video is flawed and instead of using the damn scientific method to throw out a flimsy study, you deflect. It must be because the video gives you a chance to laugh at stupid people who don't believe as you do.
edit on 27-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Oh relax, I'm sure they only mean to repeal just the amendments they don't like. As in the 1st, the 2nd and the 10th.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
It is the technology, food and oversexualization which makes us stupid. Well at least most of us. So we gotta clear that up. No ignorance.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Enock47
It is the technology, food and oversexualization which makes us stupid. Well at least most of us. So we gotta clear that up. No ignorance.

No, intelligence is on a bell curve. Roughly half the population is below average intelligence. Those people just tend to be louder and more obnoxious than the smarter ones because they aren't smart enough to think their problem through. So they do the only thing they know how to do, yell and scream. I see it on ATS all the time when I try to argue a rational point against irrational behavior.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join