It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about audio and multiple monitors.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I want to know if there is a way to have audio from each monitor. Example; I have one monitor with external speakers from my computer and one monitor is a tv with internal speakers that is hooked up HDMI. I would like each monitor to have the audio of what is being shown on that monitor. Like watching youtube on the HDMI monitor and having the audio from the video coming out of its speakers and then watch streaming video on the other monitor and having the computer speakers playing that audio. If anyone has an idea of how to do this I would appreciate any ideas.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Most HDMI graphic cards can also transmit audio signal thru the same HDMI cable that connects to your TV.
Select HDMI audio as your audio device and run your browser (youtube or whatever). The sound will come from the TV
then select your basic sound card and run another browser (or program streaming video). The sound will come from your speakers.

This isn't so practical though. You have to repeat the above every time you open a browser or with every ''long - pause'' between the videos on youtube.

If you have a pro multichannel ASIO sound card you can also control the sound of a specific program using an ''ASIO'' mixer ''send'', and send it to one of your outputs and using a jack => rca cable to your TV speakers.

I would just stick with a good pair of external speakers in the right position for both monitors. They usually sound better than the build-in TV speakers anyway.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

I usually have the speakers from the tv (HDMI) as sound, but I can't get both to work at same time. It is one or the other. How do I make both work at same time or can I? I can't find a way to make both work at same time.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: catt3

I am talking about a pc running windows 7 with an nvidia gt 430 as video card,

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Most audio programs such as winamp, foobar etc allow you in the options to change your audio device,
ex. from primary audio device, to your soundcard or HDMI.
In that case you can have winamb playing from your speakers and foobar playing from the TV at the same time.
But internet browsers do not have that kind of sound option, they use whatever is the primary driver (selected in controlpanel => sound devices)

The only solution would be the impractical method I described in my previous post
First select one audio device (sound card), run the browser(firefox), then select the other (HDMI) run a different browser
(chrome).

I am afraid generally you can't have 2 audio drivers work at the same time with the same program.
But If you do a research at some audio-geek forums, you might find a way (probably using some ASIO drivers) to ''cheat'' the windows.

I hope you'll find a solution, good luck...

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

Thanks for your help.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Easy...I run a line from TV headphones out to a separate set of speakers...each set is adjustable

new topics

top topics

join