It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google secretly handed over WikiLeaks emails and personal data to US government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Today, WikiLeaks' lawyers have written to Google and the US Department of Justice concerning a serious violation of the privacy and journalistic rights of WikiLeaks' staff. Investigations editor Sarah Harrison, Section Editor Joseph Farrell and senior journalist and spokesperson Kristinn Hrafnsson have received notice that Google had handed over all their emails and metadata to the United States government on the back of alleged 'conspiracy' and 'espionage' warrants carrying up to 45 years in prison.

Importantly, the warrants reveal for the first time a clear list of the alleged offences the US government is trying to apply in its attempts to build a prosecution against Julian Assange and other WikiLeaks staff. The offences add up to a total of 45 years of imprisonment.

The US government is claiming universal jurisdiction to apply the Espionage Act, general Conspiracy statute and the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act to journalists and publishers – a horrifying precedent for press freedoms around the world. Once an offence is alleged in relation to a journalist or their source, the whole media organisation, by the nature of its work flow, can be targeted as alleged 'conspiracy'. Julian Assange, WikiLeaks Editor-in-Chief said: 'WikiLeaks has out endured everything the Obama administration has thrown at us and we will out endure these latest "offences" too.'

Click here to read the full article

This is getting more and more ridicules. Anyone asking questions, edits the questions, publish the questions, ponders the questions, is apparently a potential threat to the mighty US intelligence apparatus.

Google Is Not What It Seems - Julian Assange.

Sure makes a valid point!

In my humble opinion, this is getting out of hand. Who is watching the watchers in this case?

More sources:
The Guardian: WikiLeaks demands answers after Google hands staff emails to US government

Gizmodo: Google Handed Stacks of WikiLeaks Email Straight to the FBI in 2012

Independent: Google secretly handed over WikiLeaks emails and personal data to US government

RT: WikiLeaks ‘astonished and disturbed’: Google gave its major staff data to US govt

edit on 26/1/2015 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen

Today, WikiLeaks' lawyers have written to Google and the US Department of Justice concerning a serious violation of the privacy and journalistic rights of WikiLeaks' staff. Investigations editor Sarah Harrison, Section Editor Joseph Farrell and senior journalist and spokesperson Kristinn Hrafnsson have received notice that Google had handed over all their emails and metadata to the United States government on the back of alleged 'conspiracy' and 'espionage' warrants carrying up to 45 years in prison.

Importantly, the warrants reveal for the first time a clear list of the alleged offences the US government is trying to apply in its attempts to build a prosecution against Julian Assange and other WikiLeaks staff. The offences add up to a total of 45 years of imprisonment.

The US government is claiming universal jurisdiction to apply the Espionage Act, general Conspiracy statute and the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act to journalists and publishers – a horrifying precedent for press freedoms around the world. Once an offence is alleged in relation to a journalist or their source, the whole media organisation, by the nature of its work flow, can be targeted as alleged 'conspiracy'. Julian Assange, WikiLeaks Editor-in-Chief said: 'WikiLeaks has out endured everything the Obama administration has thrown at us and we will out endure these latest "offences" too.'

Click here to read the full article

This is getting more and more ridicules. Anyone asking questions, edits the questions, publish the questions, ponders the questions, is apparently a potential threat to the mighty US intelligence apparatus.

Google Is Not What It Seems - Julian Assange.

Sure makes a valid point!

In my humble opinion, this is getting out of hand. Who is watching the watchers in this case?

More sources:
The Guardian: WikiLeaks demands answers after Google hands staff emails to US government

Gizmodo: Google Handed Stacks of WikiLeaks Email Straight to the FBI in 2012

Independent: Google secretly handed over WikiLeaks emails and personal data to US government

RT: WikiLeaks ‘astonished and disturbed’: Google gave its major staff data to US govt

In 2004, it became obvious that the Feds were monitoring my phone. I told people about it and got the usual "Oh stop being paranoid". Then in 2005, the State of North Carolina sued the FBI for monitoring the phones of citizens. The funny thing was, they didn't seem to catch on that I knew about it.

This is how it started, I noticed funny little sounds in my landline phone. As I would talk to people it got louder and would disconnect. Then one time as I was talking to my sister, I could actually hear someone breathing into my phone.

One day, out of the blue, the "phone company" sent someone to my home to install a "filter" on my phone for the DSL, I already had a filter. Funny thing.

THEN, when I said to this "phone line repairman" that my phone was being monitored, he said they would monitor it down at the company for 30 days and then report back to me what they found. This was in 2005, and I have not heard back from them. The phone line worked fine for 30 days, but then right back to the same problem.

Since then, they have monitored me to the point that I have to get a new phone every few years. Paranoid?

So now it is a joke, whenever I talk to someone, I address whoever might be listening in. Does it surprise you that Google would do this? They've been monitoring for a long time.

The State of North Carolina sued because the FBI refused to pay the charges that were piling up against the consumers, and it was millions that the consumers were forced to pay. You think those hidden charges are just service related? Nope, if you have a telecommunications bill that suddenly jumped in price with no explanation, they are monitoring you and making you pay for the privilege.

Right now, they are monitoring ATS, even though ATS can't stop it, because they can't find where it originates. But that isn't ATS' fault.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen

I have some sympathy with how ridiculous it may seem for here but, since the last thread did a runner I need to point out in fairness, that any Blocking appears to be beyond ATS's control, something I didn't know about at the time or had forgotten at time of your other thread, I don't think I forgot, just didn't see the thread I now find here,

www.abovetopsecret.com... where there is an explanation from Springer.

You might keep this thread if there is no direct link to any illegal material I don't know. Tenchnically, now I chew on it, my link was not a direct one anyway. Good luck.

In edit, I see now there is no direct link to what is being called illegal material.

I will add though, while there is some passages taken out of what is considered illegal in Assange's tale, most of the rest is the most telling stuff, and it might be possible to verify it using another search like IX-Quick...Smurfy.
edit on 26-1-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Years ago the police used to read people's mail , now people are surprised they read emails, that are put online .

Shakes head !

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
I have some sympathy with how ridiculous it may seem for here but, since the last thread did a runner I need to point out in fairness, that any Blocking appears to be beyond ATS's control, something I didn't know about at the time or had forgotten at time of your other thread, I don't think I forgot, just didn't see the thread I now find here,

www.abovetopsecret.com... where there is an explanation from Springer.

You might keep this thread if there is no direct link to any illegal material I don't know. Tenchnically, now I chew on it, my link was not a direct one anyway. Good luck.

Yeah its rather absurd, but somehow i can understand to some degree the precaution.
It can easily be lifted in the future.. soon hopefully.

In edit, I see now there is no direct link to what is being called illegal material.

I will add though, while there is some passages taken out of what is considered illegal in Assange's tale, most of the rest is the most telling stuff, and it might be possible to verify it using another search like IX-Quick...Smurfy.

The most interestingly about this whole illegal material-nonsense, is Who Determines What Material Is Illegal ?

Who gave them that power?
How can anyone ever discuss anything then? If something later is being deemed "illegal material", will it have retrospective repercussions ? lmao this is getting so absurd and hilarious.

How do they get away with it ?
edit on 26/1/2015 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18925621]kloejen

The most interestingly about this whole illegal material nonsense, is Who Determines What Material Is Illegal ?
Who gave them that power?
How can anyone ever discuss anything then? If something later is being deemed "illegal material", will it have retrospective repercussions ?

That's because Government spooks steal everything because they can, have been doing it for God knows how long, and get away with it as long as it is 'Classified' It would include just about everything as well, intellectual rights, human rights, false flags, propaganda, murder, all at once or as 'need/s' be. Makes me want to boke too.
Even more so when we see modern people with clout jumping on the same old power bandwagon, like as shown in Assange's pictorial, except that we don't really know if that is a jumping on, or rather something already planned, and probably was.

edit on 26-1-2015 by smurfy because: Text line.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Is what it's termed Google-NSA. Wonder how much influence there is on this: Watched a conspiracy video one time on YouTube. As we all do but this one was about history and well, not favored by many to check out. Part way through it my whole internet connection was reset-had to fix it manually. Guess they at least log IPs on certain videos.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It is good to be Paranoid these days , expect the worst everything else is a bonus

Do no evil

HERE is a good search engine

www.doogle.org...

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Ah, Wikileaks. I stay clear of that site now. I was researching some docs on the cults, Waco Branch, Jim Jones, mind programming,ect. Well, my computer totally shut down. I finally gave up and took it to the computer nerds to fix it. You know what they told me. They asked what I was doing with it because they had never seen anything like what they saw after opening the computer up. It was fried. The whole inside was melted. I lost everything! I tried to get some super nerds to retrieve my personal pics and they couldn't or wouldn't because they saw something odd, like a virus, like nothing they have seen before. They wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole! All because I just wanted to know the truth! The truth is stranger than fiction!! Those docs should be attainable for all to see the blatant atrocities our government has committed, but alas, transparency even on declassified docs is still not an option!

new topics

top topics

join