It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowmageddon/Snowpocalypse (North East US) Post your photos or live updates.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Great pics! Even NYC looks pure in the new snow.

Yes, great pics indeed, but I was thinking the opposite.
God it looks dim and dire...

Hope everyone stays safe, though.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Live blizzard coverage

Cant seem to get it to post?

Here's the link.

Live coverage link[
edit on 26-1-2015 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Earthcam shots

NYC's Times Square webcams

It's a small chill ..

edit on 26/1/2015 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I got out of there just in the nick of time. I hate driving in snow/ice.

I like Texas where you can fry eggs on car hoods in the summer and the closest thing to snow is having a snow cone dumped on your head.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Does anyone remember the North American blizzard of 1996?

The Blizzard of 1996 was a severe nor'easter that paralyzed the U.S. East Coast with up to 4 feet (1.2 m) of wind-driven snow from January 6 to January 8, 1996. It was followed by another storm on January 12, then unusually warm weather and torrential rain which caused rapid melting and river flooding. Along with the March Superstorm of 1993, it is one of only two snowstorms to receive the top rating of 5, or "Extreme", on the Northeast Snowfall Impact Scale (NESIS)

Let's see how this new one compares.....

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: RomaSempre
So far in Philadelphia the storm has been a dud. They were calling for 1-4 inches today and we basically have nothing. The second half is supposed to hit us tonight and last I heard that could bring up to a foot of snow.

No offense to our friends in New York but you guys can keep it up there...

Pittsburgh they were calling for 3-5 inches, we got about 1.5 inches to about 2 inches between midnight and 3am, then that was it. We were on a level 2 snow emergency. Mainly plows on the road. It just started to lightly snow again about 2 hours ago, so if any more accumulates, I'll update you. I live about 30 minutes SE of Pittsburgh.

(After living through rough NY winters back in the day, this is such a farce how everyone is going insane over this light dusting!)

We now have about 2.5 inches to about 3 inches.

Still nothing to be in a tither about over here, but the roads are whack though.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
a reply to: NotMoose

Hehehe that's funny

And OP looks like time to start a snowball fight

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I hope it turns out to be much less than what has been predicted. Stay safe and warm up there, ya crazy yanks.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Looks like Boston will get hit worse that NYC.....
www.nytimes.com...

The season’s first major storm in the New York region was predicted to be historic, with the mayor saying it could rival the record 26.9 inches that fell in 2006. This map shows the amount of snow fallen, in inches, as of the time indicated.

Stay safe, everyone.
I hope you have food, batteries, water and access to heat.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Yup, those nasty Nor'easters can turn an entire city into a no-go zone literally overnight.

Make sure your auto insurance is paid up-to-date !

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

Does anyone remember the North American blizzard of 1996?

Yep, stuck in Philly for 4 days. Had a blast drinking and carousing with the other exhibitors at the convention center, also stranded.

Good luck to all those in the storm.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
In hopes it's not as bad as predicted to be.

Checking up some family locale. Doesn't show(yet?) Upsate NY State on the east side. Guessing 2.5 to 3 inch which isn't bad at all, but of course, can make for driving issues, etc. Never too late for extra precautions. Hope the electricity(for those without alternatives) withstands in the more effected areas.

a reply to: theabsolutetruth

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I am in Putnam County, not too bad yet just a couple inches. I will take out my camera tomorrow and take a pic (if I have power) and post it.

We regularly lose power with any storm not even half this bad. Who knows exactly what the night will bring but we have trees all around our house, though less than we did with Sandy. During Sandy several of them came down around it like dominoes, my family and I huddled in the living room during it and heard the booms of each one, very scary to hear. We had no power for almost two weeks then. With a little luck it will not be as bad as they say or even half as bad as Sandy.

Stay safe and prepared. Fill up your buckets now to flush the potty at least twice and one bucket to brush teeth and wash up. Have your drinking water and food handy, flashlights, radios, lanterns etc...and also take care!

Hopefully you will see me on here tomorrow.

edit on 26-1-2015 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Hehehe that's funny

And OP looks like time to start a snowball fight
In the words of Gilles Vigneault - "Mon Pays, ce n'est pas un pays, c'est l'hiver" ("My country is not a country, it's winter")
A few years back I had a snowball fight in Labrador with my son...on July 1!

But as smug as we may get, I know from snow, and I hope youse guys get off lightly.

...and if the power goes out, keep a faucet running just a little so the pipes don't freeze.
edit on 26-1-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: it's tough to type with mittens on

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Maybe it's not all snow? Maybe it's debris from the passing asteroid 2004 BL86!?

Don't touch the snow! Or you might turn into mindless zombies ... ohh wait..

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: brandiwine14

Fill your tubs
More flushes. And if you have electric stoves and stuff, remember you can crank up the BBQs like the Canadians do :p

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Watching MSNBC (yes, I have it on once in awhile) and they are saying that New York City probably won't get the record totals predicted earlier, that maybe a foot of snow (I can do a foot of snow standing on my head) will hit, and that the main three-foot areas will be in parts of Mass., maybe on Eastern Long Island (the fellow seemed to say that the storm will stall mid-Long Island, but wants to see the new computer models coming in about an hour). Folks in Massachusetts south of Boston, though, practice your snowshoe walk.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Beauty ay.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

snow is but a distant memory to me at the moment....i am on the NSW/Queensland border and am sweltering a lot,everyday i need to spend at least 3 hours in the surf as it is averaging around 36+ Celsius

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join