It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL - Should the UK monarchy now be abolished ? Y/N - all ATS members please contribute

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Ahh...

>slinks of sheepishly<

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: ScepticScot

And why would anyone care about the Palaces, the pageantry (such as Changing the Guard) etc when there are no Royals to give it any meaning?

After all, look at Greece - got rid of their King some years back, but still have soldiers poncing about and they just look daft

Of course they do dressed like that, anybody would. Null and void post.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: stumasonquite a lot of people do still visit Greece you know. People still go up Egypt to see the pyramids and there hasn't been any pharaohs in while either.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

My vote - No. They don't cost a penny and are a link to our history (good and bad) - it's what makes "us, us".

Wrong, WE are 'us', they and the rest of the robber barons are 'them', don't you get it?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Easily done I should have replied to her post rather than just type and leave confusion!

I'm amazed to be honest some didn't know about the royals who have seen combat duty

I respect them for that,they don't have to but there willing to risk all for this country in doing so

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

Easily done I should have replied to her post rather than just type and leave confusion!

I'm amazed to be honest some didn't know about the royals who have seen combat duty

I respect them for that,they don't have to but there willing to risk all for this country in doing so

That;s right, they rose up the ranks starting of course as front line infantry. More bunkum.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

USA here...

Yes, many believe of still a hidden tentacle between Queen and USA Treasury established after Revolutionary War...secretly.

Our foundling fathers suffered enormously from the taxation in 1770's and lost their lives fighting repression of monarchy.

The UK monarchy is guilty of Crimes against Humanity is spades and enormous reparations worldwide are in order...then public hanging.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Fermy

Jesus, what crawled up your arse? It was meant to be a light hearted post..

Anyway, of all the people I've known who have gone to Greece, none have gone to see those guys. If any of them had, it was by pure accident and it caused a giggle
I mean,lovely tights guys and the mini dresses are awesome - not sure about the dodgy hair extensions though....

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

True, but look how well they took care of their monuments without them...

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Prince Andrew was attached to a carrier and therefore given front line designation, he flew a few evacuation missions but zero actual combat missions.

Prince Harry's "combat" experience is a farce. He was training to be a pilot in Afghanistan he never saw any actual combat, let's not forget his weak nerves led to his deployment in 2009 being cancelled.

Prince Philip did see combat in WWII, pretty much everyone saw combat in WWII, after all it was a WORLD war, so no cookie. Also, more than 65 years ago . ETA: Also, two of Philip's brothers in law fought on the German side.

You just bought right into all the propaganda, huh?

Prince Harry is no war hero, he's the obnoxious rich tourist getting drunk and chasing girls around with his # hanging out... on your tax money.
edit on 26-1-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
I believe the World Health Organization put out a
stat that said 40 billion dollars could end world hunger permanently.
So is trading in a palace it's holdings and 5 residents to save a billion people worth it ?

It's genocide not to.

Or we can let them prance around a while longer for tourists....
One: You can't solve the world's hunger problem just by throwing money at it. If it were that easy it would have been done a long time ago. There are massive logistical and infrastructure related works that need to happen to even begin tackling the problem. Many of the world's hungry live in areas that can't be easily cultivated, and those that do may not know even know how to properly maintain a farm, learn crop rotation patterns, etc. You can throw money at it all day, but the issue is getting people to change.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Destroy the royal family! Oliver Cromwell will have his revenge for what they did to his corpse!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Many "ordinary" soldiers served alongside Harry and have spoken very well of him and he did fly combat missions, in Army Apaches, as the front pilot/gunner. All of it is verifiable whereas what you said is just nasty, hate filled crap.

As for Andrew, he was serving in the Navy as a helo pilot and you criticize him for serving in a conflict, on board a carrier (in the Navy....) flying helo's? Bear in mind, the Royal Navy has no combat helo's....

What was he supposed to do?

Ring up the Chief of Staff and say "Sir, I know you have invested millions training me to do a particular job and instead of doing that job, but I want to play Marine for the Day just so some jumped up, pompous twit on something that will be called the internet one day can feel like I contributed?"...

Give me a break..
edit on 26/1/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

And everyone else can have revenge on him for what he did to this country and Ireland...

The guy was an arsehole.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

i imagine it would be a great gesture for the royals to make willingly.

Then again chance would be a fine thing indeed.
LoL

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman
Didn't Andrews role involve flying decoy missions for anti ship missiles?
Harry did see combat but was removed when it became public knowledge so creating additional risk to him and his unit. He then flew as an apache weapons operator.
I am anti royal but lets not denigrate the experiences of them as individuals.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Absolutely NOT

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
As of this post approx. 55% are in favour of abolishing the monarchy!!
Based on the current count the monarchy are in trouble.
I suspect that if it was put to the UK electorate the in favour % would be higher than this.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Yes, absolutely.

We need a new constitution, one that's designed by the people for the people.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
As of this post approx. 55% are in favour of abolishing the monarchy!!
Based on the current count the monarchy are in trouble.
I suspect that if it was put to the UK electorate the in favour % would be higher than this.

Maybe, but unless there is political will and at this present moment in time there isn't, it's never going to happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join