It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service Recovers Small Drone at White House

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
abc13.com...

WASHINGTON, DC --

A device, possibly an unmanned aerial drone, was found on the White House grounds during the middle of the night while President Barack Obama and the first lady were in India, but his spokesman said Monday that it posed no threat.

No threat, really? That's some crazy hubris right there.

What about the potential of a small explosive device or chemical/biological weapons? Can these small drones even be detected and defended against?

money.cnn.com...

At this point one has to wonder how useful/relevant the Secret Service is anymore, given all of their numerous scandals and now this.

edit on 1/26/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
abc13.com...

WASHINGTON, DC --

A device, possibly an unmanned aerial drone, was found on the White House grounds during the middle of the night while President Barack Obama and the first lady were in India, but his spokesman said Monday that it posed no threat.

What about a small explosive device or chemical/biological weapons? Can these small drones even be detected and defended against?

don't sweat it Jack...at worst...it can get rid of your leaders for you.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

It sure is a big deal, how are they going to stop this?

Drone zappers?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

This one in particular may not have been a threat but it easily could have been sent in as a probe to see if it's possible to get through security with something deadly. And obviously it is. I"m surprised it took this long for someone to fly one of those things into White House airspace.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

It could have been someone playing around with the drone and they lost it over the fence (unable to fly it properly) just as easily as it could have been someone snooping around for whatever reason.

I wouldn't imagine it is a "threat", not a legit one anyways.

What type of weapon that could be plastered on one of these tiny drones would be a "threat potential" anyways?
You're gonna need a lot of bang to do any substantial damage....

Don't know that such would even be worth the trouble, given the tiny size of these toys...(I doubt it would fly very well if a "weapons platform" was mounted on it anyways)

ETA: I could be wrong and if so, I welcome my schooling

edit on 26-1-2015 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Maybe we will see some new photos of the first family popping up soon....I would think bribery would be a much better way to go about getting what you wanted than an explosive device of some sort.....take some sordid family photos from the drone and use them for nefarious purposes.

Either way, I would think they would have the ability to monitor for movement on the WH grounds by means other than human eye or cameras....something like a motion sensor.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
What type of weapon that could be plastered on one of these tiny drones would be a "threat potential" anyways?

A baggie of anthrax or other biological agent crashing into the window of the White House or flown through the open front door in the summer.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
mobile.bloomberg.com...

A pre-dawn grid search was done and a two foot quadcopter was found. They are preferred for tight spaces and hard to maneuver areas, due to their stability.

edit on 1/26/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Drone zappers?

Hmmm! The fighter jets will not be much help with this "little" problem.

Mini fighter jet drones with laser zappers. Or one of these:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I do think that even if it was a camera doing some sort of surveillance or info gathering - that's a big concern as well. Or should be.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

abc13.com...

WASHINGTON, DC --

What about a small explosive device or chemical/biological weapons? Can these small drones even be detected and defended against?

money.cnn.com...

At this point one has to wonder how useful/relevant the Secret Service is anymore, given all of their numerous scandals and now this.

It's a tiny UFO or Biden lost control of his toys. Obviously someone is sitting somewhere laughing at how they managed to do get by with this.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

I do think that even if it was a camera doing some sort of surveillance or info gathering - that's a big concern as well. Or should be.

I agree. I think it would be interesting to hear about where on the grounds they actually found it, and if it had any identifiable fingerprints on the drone anywhere...if it doesn't then it was likely planned for a reason and not an accidental flight. A surveillance drone of the area would be pretty valuable to someone planning an attack of some sort I would think.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
When I was a kid we used to call drones "RC Toys". Maybe if we carried on calling them toys then people wouldn't piss in their pants when theres a report of one being found on a lawn.

Questions like what if it had a camera or explosives are ridiculous. You sound like little girls. Strap your head back on and pay attention. You're being manipulated. If it was a true threat, you wouldn't hear about it

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

That is possible.
How realistic is it to acquire "a baggie of anthrax"? I honestly don't know. (must be time for me to do some research on biological agents and the how easily they can be obtained)

I agree with cArLoSCuBsTaR though...
If it was a real threat, you wouldn't hear about it.

Personally, I believe all these "breaching" security "threats" are either hype or a message being sent to someone that isn't us. Seems to be a common theme about once a week or so now.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: cArLoSCuBsTaR

LoL! We have one around our neighborhood. It flies quickly and quietly, not like the RC toys from Radio Shack, circa 1972.
There are also micro drones, insect drones, etc. Maybe you should try to keep up...

I agree, the fact that we are even hearing about this is not good and may imply some manioulation at hand. Why advertise a weakness?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
How realistic is it to acquire "a baggie of anthrax"? .

Terrorists can get their hands on just about anything like that.
So can nutters.
I think It would fit on a drone and be dispersed rather easily.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Is there some kind of signal that could be sent out to stop these things from flying? If not, I bet the science boys and girls over at tech are trying to come up with one. I've never even thought of this, a drone flying into such air spaces, but as of now that certainly constitutes a serious threat (and even more so as they get smaller). Remember the South Park episode this year, the drone episode? Feasible. Also quite a tool for tech-savvy paparazzi.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: cArLoSCuBsTaR
When I was a kid we used to call drones "RC Toys". Maybe if we carried on calling them toys then people wouldn't piss in their pants when theres a report of one being found on a lawn.

Questions like what if it had a camera or explosives are ridiculous. You sound like little girls. Strap your head back on and pay attention. You're being manipulated. If it was a true threat, you wouldn't hear about it

Maybe it was like a hazing ritual from Georgetown University. A bunch of drunk college kids thought it would be funny to make someone fly a drone into the White House lawn, kind of like the 21st Century version of toilet papering.

Perhaps the students were from MIT, that's where they made the drone, you never know but to me it sounds like a college prank, the new toilet papering for the technologically advanced.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Drone zappers?

close the windows?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Why advertise a weakness?

"When strong, feign weakness....where weak, feign strength"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join