It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUGE NEWS! Astonishing Photo of a Newly Discovered Alien Seed!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JamesTB

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
a reply to: JamesTB

Don't believe every story you read on some bunk website dude! If this were real, it wouldn't just be on 1 website like this one! It would have blown up across all media outlets by now....

Junk websites lol and by Christ you’re naive about the media anyway this story is all over the place and had been developing for quite some time as new discoveries are being made by this team. Here's some more from the Independent -

www.independent.co.uk/news/science/the-truth-is-out-there-above-cheshire-that-is-british-scientists-claim-to-have-found-proof-of-alien-life-8826690.ht ml

To be honest I'm quite taken aback by some of the arrogant comments on this thread. These discoveries were made by professional scientists in 2 different Universities in the UK but that's not good enough to over rule the opinion of some uneducated idiot is it now?

Some of you have criticized the source I posted without even checking whether or not this story was posted else where, yeah great detective work there.

Some have criticized the scientists involved with not a single shred of evidence to refute their claims, mmm great 'science' there.

Pathetic.

For the ones of you who still have the spirit of discovery in your hearts I salute you.

As a budding astrobiologist myself it saddens me that these two guys Chandra Wickramasinghe and Milton Wainwright are like the Jaime Maussan and Billy Meier of our field.

Those guys have zero credibility or respect from their peers and sensationalist tabloid stories like this and others misinforms the public about the very real science of astrobiology.

If this were really credible it would be on Astrobiology Magazine's website not simply British tabloids. Know your sources and think critically.
edit on 27-1-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Haha, that's why I don't really buy the seed story. I am not sure what's the real result but my bet is a little calculation will bury it forever.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesearchfortruth
I've never heard of this "Express" website before, but just from scanning the headlines it seems pretty ridiculous. There's a story about a "virgin nun" having a baby and a gun lying on the surface of Mars? Give me a break.
www.express.co.uk...

I'm definitely calling hoax here.

It never fails. Why is everything interesting always a hoax?

Damn the real world is BORING and I'm tired of seeing something cool just to have it end up being a hoax every single time. Just once I'd like to read something, think "this has to be a hoax" and not be right.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Lol nice post OP!

Haha take that skeptics!

They always want to debunk alien life because its not part of thier we are the only life in the universe agenda.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: thesearchfortruth
I've never heard of this "Express" website before, but just from scanning the headlines it seems pretty ridiculous. There's a story about a "virgin nun" having a baby and a gun lying on the surface of Mars? Give me a break.
www.express.co.uk...

I'm definitely calling hoax here.

It never fails. Why is everything interesting always a hoax?

Damn the real world is BORING and I'm tired of seeing something cool just to have it end up being a hoax every single time. Just once I'd like to read something, think "this has to be a hoax" and not be right.

The moment we find life in the universe will be really cool, testable and not a hoax.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Lol nice post OP!

Haha take that skeptics!

They always want to debunk alien life because its not part of thier we are the only life in the universe agenda.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Silly sensationalist thread titles

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Lol nice post OP!

Haha take that skeptics!

I believe that alien life almost certainly exists in the universe. However, I also know that Dr. Chandra Wickramasinghe is someone who jumps to the "ET" conclusion without attempting to find other explanations, and he likes to make sensationalist headlines before he has all the data.

I would love their ideas to be true. It is certainly within the realm of possibility that their take on this story is true. However, considering the very poor investigative track record of the researchers involved, I have no reason to believe it is. These people need to show me (1) That this really is a titanium ball encasing biological material, and (2) that this cannot be terrestrial in nature.

They have yet to do any of that, so forgive me for not being so closed minded that I would automatically jump to the ET conclusion.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Those Russian BB's, he...didn't HANDLE them, did he?

edit on 27-1-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Those Russian BB's, he...didn't HANDLE them, did he?

He'll put his eye out.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
the college lab (Buckingham Centre for Astrobiology at the University of Buckingham in England) is just inadvertently gathering microscopic samples of the stuff injected into high atmosphere by (at least the USAs) Chem-Trail projects

~from the OP link article:
(microscopic) sphere is made up mainly of titanium, with a trace of vanadium.

Professor Wainwright and his team found the object in dust and particulate matter collected from the stratosphere

ADD: I might offer another theory, the supposed biomass inside the sphere is the 'carbon' that was contained by a catalytic-converter on a vehicle that got swept up into the upper atmosphere, considering the abnormal jet-stream & Hadley cell winds lately

did anyone notice the fine print rider at the bottom of screen?
"By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies...."
edit on th31142237644127342015 by St Udio because: sources

edit on th31142237689227412015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Any time you see "Buckingham Centre for Astrobiology" asume HOAX .. or at the very least completely unfounded statements. Wainwright and Chandra Wickramasinghe just make stuff up half the time and believers just gobble it up.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Agree, and if any white paper was ever introduced concerning this "metal sphere with organic material inside", then it would have full spectral analysis and forensic data on the organic material, which is just plain missing. That, coupled with the source, and I go HOAX as well.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Exactly, no evidence this is even from space, what is the isotopic composition?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Pretty incredible find...if it's legit.
Is "the express" a legit source?
Are there any other articles from other sources?
Is this verifyable?
I'm jumping up and down with excitement for such a major scientific discovery. But in the words of Carl Sagan, "I don't want to believe. I want to know".
Could someone verify this?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceOverlord

It's from someone who is known for making sensational claims and then NEVER (as in not even once) backing them up. It's basically a HOAX that believers will believe because they want to.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

Lol, its one of the biggest circulation newspapers in the UK. Albeit, one prone to bouts of hyperbole, taking things to the extreme and random bouts of patriotic drivel.

I think what they've done here, as they've always done, is report the most extreme possibility as the only possibility
edit on 28/1/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

did anyone notice the fine print rider at the bottom of screen?
"By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies...."

That's a legal requirement and us on all websites, at least EU hosted ones.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

"Is the Express a legit source"?

Perhaps one should read the thread? It has been covered. It's a major newspaper in the UK, one prone to exaggerate, but a big one none the less. They do like to use dodgy scientists with equally dodgy reputations to run sensationalist stories like this one or especially to our with the weather, so always bear that in mind.

It's still better than the Daily Mail though!
edit on 28/1/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
It's still better than the Daily Mail though!

Hang on, now, isn't Daily Mail the one with the scantily clad women pages?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join