It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Need for Spell Check

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I got an email recently that I thought was pretty interesting.

Try this. . .

Believe it or not you can read it.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt

So, I guess for all those who complain about spelling in peoples posts, you can go srecw yourself

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This only works for shorter words, though, and it does slow down reading speed a bit.

aiiiiissssnnnttteedaaablhmrm

See

Seriously, though, I can be a bit of a grammar nazi at times. It's not because there's some inherent virtue in proper spelling and grammar, just that when making some arguments it behooves you to present your best face. If you're attending a job interview it's better to show up in a nice shirt and tie rather than ripped jeans and a curry-stained t-shirt, similarly when making the case for many of the theories here it's better to come off as polished and coherent.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I know, I know
I too find it interesting when people shout their mouth off about how ignorrant someone else's posts are, when they are guilty of multiple spelling errors.

join