It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany stops arms exports to Saudi Arabia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mastronaut
The great wall of Saudi Arabia may have something to do with this, maybe even the oil price fall.
Great allies one day, worst enemies the day after.

Imho the money-laundering theory holds a lot of weight, but its root isn't the fact that western allies would protect their oil interests. In fact I'd say that the first one who would go bombing SA is their biggest ally, the USA. Why? Because if you can have for yourself those resources and decide how to control them it's far better than having some kind of contract of alliance.
Germany may be the first or the only nation to do this, maybe to upset USA in retaliation for the Snowden infos, or maybe acting as a scapegoat for the European dissent, but with total collusion by NATO. Too many "maybe".

We can be at the start of a Saudi Arabian's spring revolution or we can be at the start of a massive boost to ISIS capabilities to destabilize even more the ME. I still think Saudis are behind some of the financing of ISIS so the wall may be a sign that ISIS is not anymore under their control and could be used to remove the royals from power.

I think the situation is too complex to draw a conclusion, I can imagine at least 6 or 7 realistic scenarios some of which are the opposite of each other.

You brought a lot of great insight here. The US bombing SA scenario only makes sense to me if they were requested to help them repel a coup or an ISIS-like invasion/insurgency. Then the US and NATO might "kill two birds with one stone" .. It could be a long, long, long term plan of some sort.
edit on 26-1-2015 by Mehmet666Heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Some one has picked up the toy box and given it a hefty shake, also the deck of cards has had a reshuffle, polictical alleingments are shifting, take you pick, yes something is going on, we will be the last to know.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Maybe Germany knows something about this new king that the rest of us don`t know? or maybe Germany is planning on beefing up their own military and they need the those weapons and the weapons making capacity for their own plans?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I pretty sure they know Saudi is either;

a) Going to destroy their close neighbors like Yemen to gain access to water and more land.
b) Align with ISIS
c) Recreate the Muslim empire that once destroyed the Egyptian army and invaded Europe during the crusades.
d) Switching alliances from West to East.
e) Germany is trying to cause trouble again.
f) Germany been forced to block trade deals with the rest of the world by the EU or Nazi's.

Anyone one of those.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join