It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angelina Jolie Meets ISIL Victims In Refuge Camp; Asks Leaders Do More To Rid World Of ISIL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Next person on growing ISIL hit list?

Angelina Jolie has called on the world's leaders to do more to bring an end to the conflict in Syria and Iraq.

The actress made the comments in her role as special envoy of the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees, while visiting a Kurdish refugee camp in Dohuk, northern Iraq, earlier today.

The camp is currently home to tens of thousands of Yazidis and other refugees who have been forced to abandon their homes in Mosul, which has been invaded by the Islamic State.
Angelina said: 'Since I was last here in Iraq, another two million people have been forced from their homes. Mostly in the last six months – this time Iraqi citizens.'

'Too many innocent people are paying the price of the conflict in Syria and spread of extremism. The international community has to step up and do more.

'It is not enough to defend our values at home. We have to defend them here, in the camps and in the informal settlements across the Middle East, and in the ruined towns of Iraq and Syria. We are being tested here, as an international community, and so far – for all the immense efforts and good intentions – we are failing,' she said at a press conference at the Khanke Camp for Internally Displaced People (IDPs).

Today, she appealed to anyone listening to work together to end the suffering, so that people can return to their homes in Iraq and Syria.

Angelina said: 'The spill-over from the Syria conflict has been devastating. The brutality of the conflict and speed and scale of the displacement has shocked the world. Help has come, but not nearly enough.'

I don't know who created them and I really don't care at this moment, just bleeping destroy them! They have become a monster of epic proportions. At this point they are the 9 headed snake that constantly regenerates. You cut one head off, another grows in it's place. Enough is enough!

Just cut every head off at one time! At this point it seems that may be the only solution. A mutli-pronged approach. And knowing how ISIL targets anyone who speaks out against them, I think it's brave of her for speaking out. Sure, she has bodyguards. But they can't be with her 24/7.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Since when do Hollywood actresses give political press conferences?
I agree that they are a leach on our society, but I don't like the idea of entertainers using their fame for political reasons.

Maybe I'm just paranoid.

edit on 25-1-2015 by JessicaRabbitTx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I don't know who created them and I really don't care at this moment, just bleeping destroy them! They have become a monster of epic proportions. At this point they are the 9 headed snake that constantly regenerates. You cut one head off, another grows in it's place. Enough is enough!

Careful. ISIL is simply a tool created by the West to further it's own agenda in the Middle East.

Just like Osama Bin Laden! Remember when he was a good guy, oh Rambo III you bring back fond memories!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JessicaRabbitTx

well since this .

her role as special envoy of the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees,

I have a lot of time for AJ , she seems set apart from the usual its all about me crowd . If she gets one government to listen its a job well done .

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Yea, she probably means well. I just don't trust anything that's going on over there. Every time it looks like we're getting out something conveniently happens to make us stay.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JessicaRabbitTx

I agree that they are a leach on our society, but I don't like the idea of entertainers using their fame for political reasons.

Maybe I'm just paranoid.

She's the Special Envoy of UN High Commissioner for Refugees António Guterres.

In her new and expanded role, she will be focusing on major crises resulting in mass population displacements; undertaking advocacy and representing UNHCR and Guterres at the diplomatic level; and engaging with decision-makers on global displacement issues. Through this work, she will help contribute to the vital process of finding solutions for people displaced by conflict.

Jolie previously represented UNHCR as a Goodwill Ambassador, and in this role she conducted more than 40 field visits around the world, becoming well-versed in the phenomenon of forced displacement and a tireless advocate on their behalf.

The site has more. I hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Ooh CFR member Angelina Jolie said something. How interesting! Calling on world leaders to commit genocide? What a gal!

I'm sure her hearts in the right place...

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
She looks absolutely possessed. Isis needs to be stopped but western governments need to stop using proxy groups to fight countries they are too afraid of fighting. As of right now, 1000 special forces and combat advisors are leaving from the us to head to the Middle East to train the "moderate rebels" fight Isis and bashar al Assad. Yeah that's right, they're going to train FSA and al nusra front amongst other proxy groups. Angelina Jolie never mentioned this so I'm assuming she's just another massive turd in the punch bowl. That's what she must have meant by "do more"...train more terrorists affiliated with Al Qaeda and topple more democratically elected governments. Not once did the USA fight Russia directly in the Cold War and that's what's wrong with American foreign policy. Be direct not snake like and two timing and then later act surprised about terrorism.
edit on 26-1-2015 by Mehmet666Heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
The Kurds that are the darlings of the west these days and their groups were and still are labelled as terrorists groups by the UN and NATO countries. Before fighting Isis they were blowing up schools, police stations and kidnapping women and men for ransom. Look it up, I'm sure you all have fingers.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Well i hope she signs up to serve in the milirary.

Those who call for war should be the very first to serve!
edit on 26-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Far Left Angelina Jolie calling to get rid of ISIS?
That means war and a strong military.
Oh the irony!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I get everyone jumping all over her. I do. However she called on World Leaders to put a stop to ISIL. Not Obama. Not our military. The world. I have no problem with us stepping out of the region for awhile. I personally think we've been there long enough and have no problem with some other country picking up the torch. It's not as if we are the "Number one country in the world" anymore. Let the new number one country fight the bastards. All I did was share the article and that I agree these bastards need to be stopped. Even if you think their handlers are here in the US, don't you think eventually they might think they don't NEED handlers anymore and decide to come after us? Look at much region they are taking over in the ME? How soon before it's here they decide to take over? That's all I'm saying. Don't jump on the messenger.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JessicaRabbitTx

Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Angelina Jolie has been a UN humanitarian ambassador for a very long time.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
They can't wait until she gets all old and wrinkly to be used in propaganda. That would be wrong on so many levels. The fan boys won't enlist fast enough if they did that. It sure beats Bob Hope!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

The camp is currently home to tens of thousands of Yazidis and other refugees who have been forced to abandon their homes in Mosul, which has been invaded by the Islamic State.

source

These people that left need to be given guns and sent back they need to take their country and run it. Together they are a army.

But no instead we get this pleading for world leaders to do something. Step up Russia. China.
I say the US needs to stay out of it so we don't hear the after effects of the populace letting them hide amongst them for whatever reason they claim of fear and expect us to die weeding them out or crying when civilians die from airstrikes...

Come fight for my country while I run.

Sorry ATS the Middle East is getting to me

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

oh please the fellow on the far right of this photo is most likely Angelina Jolie with a bit of Photoshop and a little makeup

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Good for Jolie. She’s a humanitarian, not a perfect person just someone with compassion for the oppressed.

Sure she may be a little naïve not real savvy people like us here at ATS, we know it all: all the nuances, and conspiracies etc.

She just knows that people suffer who shouldn’t be suffering and is using her notoriety to help them

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THAT?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Good for Jolie. She’s a humanitarian, not a perfect person just someone with compassion for the oppressed.

Sure she may be a little naïve not real savvy people like us here at ATS, we know it all: all the nuances, and conspiracies etc.

She just knows that people suffer who shouldn’t be suffering and is using her notoriety to help them

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THAT?

Because it's all bull#.

top topics

join