It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we're just awareness then there's no free-will and slavery is perfectly OK

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
We are just consciousness and everything else is illusion, right? Then your feelings and opinions don't matter and it doesn't matter if people want to walk all over you and take advantage of you.

Not happy because your husband abuses you? Doesn't matter, you are just consciousness and consciousness is just Aware. Your emotions and will are not yours but just temporary energy -illusion.

What better philosophy is there for the beast to control humanity?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

This sounds fascinating.
Where are you getting this info?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I've been well down that consciousness rabbit hole and have ended at that same place haha.

Like the don't judge people, it's a loop on itself.

If everything is nothing than anything is acceptable.

It's not called New Age for nothing, it goes hand in hand with a New World.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I don't understand how this philosophy can really help anyone. How does being consciousness make anything better? We have to keep living unless we check out early. Life is what we have. How can believing that your life doesn't matter make you happy?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I don't understand why nothing matters because we are aware. Can you explain that???

I would think it would be the other way around in that not being aware means nothing matters because there is no awareness of feeling.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
We are just consciousness and everything else is illusion, right? Then your feelings and opinions don't matter and it doesn't matter if people want to walk all over you and take advantage of you.

Not happy because your husband abuses you? Doesn't matter, you are just consciousness and consciousness is just Aware. Your emotions and will are not yours but just temporary energy -illusion.

I think we have consciousness to the amount lifeforms can have it, but not so sure everyhting else is an illusion.

I think the OP is posting a sort of christian rant? "Beast" and the bible verses and the general character of the writing leads me to suspect that. So what do I say then?

I think the whole free will argument is centered on whether the future is predetermined. Is the future 100% dependent on the past, or only partially? I think the best answer is partially which leaves room for free will.

Don't really feel like touching on anything else.
edit on 25-1-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
If you are just awareness and everything is an illusion including free-will and emotions then how could anything matter ( for those that believe this non-duality awareness all seeing eye stuff)?

And I didn't mention Jesus Christ or Christianity because I'm making my point without even considering whether or not this is a deception from Satan.

If all is illusion except awareness (all seeing eye) including emotions and will which changes comes and goes then nothing matters and it doesn't matter if slavery and and a dominating elite exists.

I hope people realize that light is not darkness and impurity is not pure. Non-duality cannot be true. The all seeing eye is the new age/ new world order religion.
edit on 25-1-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

i just read your OP and b4 i check replies i felt strongly that i had to chime in to politely disagree.

even if i am only an IDEA, surrounded by ideas....

they could still be good ideas. Im sure you have noticed that there is a qualitative difference between happy states and sad states internally regardless of your outside circumstance.

I mean that i can be well fed and healthy at room temp and still carry happy or sad thoughts.. for example

the only difference is inside my mind, yet one state is obviously preferable over the other.

in other words, stepping on my "virtual" experience is stepping on my experience non-the-less.

if your OP was accurate, then i could have fun in an MMORPG while being actively "griefed"

but some of us know that being griefed will seriously cramp your style.

ok so theres 2cents, now to check out and read replies.

PS
i salute your original thinking
edit on 25-1-2015 by uwascallywabbit because: spllng

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Emotions are the only thing that really matter. Your country, your body, your money, your personal identity... all those fade away like a dream.

The strongest emotion is love. Only it is real. Only it can reach eternity.

👣

edit on 243SundayuAmerica/ChicagoJanuSundayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Many are a sentient conscious beings of various CREATED kinds. And though at times we are caught in various illusionary schemes to trick or distract us, somehow we are GRANTED the ability or WILL to be AWARE to Perceive when doing wrong to others or when wrong is being done to us. Therefore to recognize you are consciously aware and attack others within the illusion unaware or even aware of your attacks still signifies potential malevolent ENERGY within. A malevolent energy within that LATER may cause you to be located around more concentrated forms of malevolent energy like yourself...

1 intentionally didn't say wrong location or energies in this specific discussion and used the description of the actions of those who may be encountered in certain locations like Malevolent, for within those concentrated locations of energy may be energy of some who are part of the WHOLE* who CHOSE to be there with their actions upon the ILLUSION...

And so the actions of the Conscious constitute their Benevolent or Malevolent program setting of existence within the perceived illusion, by the observer(s).

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I think therefore i am . No beast will control me , it is not strong enough .

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

If you are just awareness and everything is an illusion including free-will and emotions then how could anything matter ( for those that believe this non-duality awareness all seeing eye stuff)?

Nope, still don't get it yet.

If everything is illusion and I am awareness why would my will and emotions be part of the illusion and not part of my awareness??? It seems like it should be opposite.

I am the awareness and I'm observing the illusion. Whether I realize it's an illusion isn't important however my will is still my own and so is how I feel about what I'm observing. Neither will or emotion is would be external from my awareness.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
You are right about that, that we are just awareness happening and all else is just illusion. But this does not means that all is fake and just to roll with it, this in not a full story! At least based on many people who have achieved that state and described it. And those people were far from the way your OP sounds.
They were/are considered as saints and far from something evil and fake. They were truthful, compassionate beings with no peck of hate in them and were radiating love for everything in this universe - earth, animals, planets, nature, people - all is equal in their eyes.

And after only being in presence of such a being others could fill this enormes radiance glowing from within that person who is without a doubt a divine manifestation on earth - pure awareness. Just as we all are, but we just don't get it yet

So this is just your interpretation based on rational thinking ego mind. Which in itself is part of illusion. How can we - people with ego, know what is the Self and its real nature if the Self is hidden, invisible to all senses and can only be experienced and cannot be described. We are all just guessing and playing silly games.

We should start to try doing it! just stop guessing and do it. Try it you have nothing to lose and potential to gain everything

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

I think therefore i am . No beast will control me , it is not strong enough .

If you are forced to live in the money system then you already are controlled by the beast.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

bad post
edit on 26-1-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Well, it was predicted long ago that people will mistake good for evil and light for darkness.

You are forced to work. All the food given for free in nature is in the rich hands as they control the money system and make people work for what was given for free.

Even if you use money to buy your own land you still need to pay taxes. The beast now claimed the entire world and robbed humanity of all that was given for FREE.

Yet I am the evil beast? I hope you start to see the Truth.
edit on 26-1-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=18922795]arpgme[/post

bad post
edit on 26-1-2015 by hutch622 because: i need to read better

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Why do you run away from Truth and Light and try to pull me into darkness? Please consider what I said in the previous post about the greedy money system taking away what was free in nature.

May The Truth set you free.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

My sincere apologies . I misread what you said , or at least misinterpreted it . My bad . Sorry

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
i was just being a phallus..

i will seek another thread.

have a nice day
edit on 26-1-2015 by uwascallywabbit because: i was being a bit masculine

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join