It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sons of Liberty - History Channel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Sons of Liberty was a super condensed version of events.

Lot's of historical inaccuracies a short good search will explain.

I expect more from the HISTORY channel.

My go to movie about the American Revolution was the Patriot with Mel Gibson.

Way better than Sons of Liberty.

Agreed with regard to SoL. But Mel's "The Patriot" is not much better historically I'm afraid. I knew a lot of folks in that production that tried to correct the inaccuracies, only to be told it doesn't matter. Many of which then walked off the set in protest. The closest historically accurate Hollywood film (that was not a documentary) on what it is like to produce one of these farce-fests is the movie, "Sweet Liberty" starring Alan Alda. I highly recommend everyone here watch it if they can. The struggle between accuracy and "entertainment value" is the crux of the movie. And, I also know many folks that were in that production and were proud of it as well.

Now, HBO's John Adam's was, IMO, the absolute best and closest to the historically accurate reflection of that man to date.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I love history movies. I haven't watched ep 3 and the first two were not too shabby .

Its a little errr inaccurate, but its TV.

I did assume the main funding was form Samuel Adams beer, according to the show he single handedly started, led and won the revolution

Product Placement dream

<< 1   >>

join