It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I communicate with my lost cat? Alternative methods to find him?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
Is he declawed? Is he an indoor or outdoor cat?

I suggest having indoor cats--they live for a very long time. Unfortunately, if you let him or her out and they haven't returned it probably means that they're gone. I'm sorry to say that. My dad had a couple cats growing up--and they were indoor/outdoor ones (as opposed to mine atm who is only an indoor cat--she's almost 16) and when they 'ran away' they never came back. I know you probably don't want to hear this. I apologize.

The most you can do is think pictures to him or her--they understand that. Try to call out to your cat in your head.

He is not de-clawed. I believe that is inhumane, as it is their primary defense mechanism in the event that they do get outside unintentionally. My cats are both indoor/outdoor cats, but the whole kicker of the situation is that I didn't want them to be outside all that much and I received a holiday gift "Kitty Jungle Gym", so that they could still get good exercise while staying inside (without destroying my apartment lol). Heisen disappeared literally the night before I was planning on assembling it (this is my typical luck). They were both born outside, so they've always been partial to wanting to go out, and I'm a sucker when it comes to giving them freedom and letting them do what they want to do. It's probably better off that I don't have kids, because I'd spoil them rotten. In hindsight I would not have let them out at all.

While I've certainly thought about the possibility that he will not return, I have also heard numerous stories about cats coming back weeks or months later. Sometimes even years later. I have to keep the hope alive and don't want to make any assumption in either direction.

My biggest suspicion is that somebody else brought them into their apartment that night. The reason I'm leaning to this is because Heisen didn't have a collar and was the "less adventurous" of the 2 cats. He typically stayed close to the apartment, while my other cat was the bigger explorer. I didn't hear any fighting noise or see any evidence of tufts of fur in the area and nearby woods, so I very much doubt that a coyote got him (only real predator to cats in the area and even still it's rare that they attack cats). I don't live near any roads, I'm up a big hill on the backside of the building by the woods. Cats have a good sense of direction when it comes to their territory, so him suddenly disappearing like that makes think he was either trapped somewhere or somebody brought him in. I've searched quite a bit in the local neighborhoods, and have looked in most possible places he could have gotten trapped. He is micro chipped, so if animal control or a shelter gets him, they'll find out it's mine, since it's standard procedure to scan for microchips.

edit on 26-1-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm really glad to hear he's micro-chipped, as that should help your kitty return to you. Also, you said you live in an apartment complex. I do, too. We have a community website for our particular apartment community so you should see if yours has one. Then post a pic of your kitty and ask for help.

Good luck! I have two indoor cats and would die if one got out!
edit on 26-1-2015 by texasgirl because: spelling

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
Oh how heart breaking.....this is sad....I hope you find your kitty. Did you check the vets, animal control, put it on facebook, Craig's list...and flyers on telephone poles. Is your cat fixed? If it's s boy...he may have gone to find a female....good luck...

Thanks for your support. Yes, I've been through the whole nine yards with flyers, amber alerts, knocking on doors, calling vets and shelters, searching all possible hiding spots. He is neutered. I've tried virtually everything short of hiring a private cat detective or bloodhound(which I can't really afford).

Put up signs
I lost my cat for 9 months. We put up signs in neighbourhoods away away, and got a call after 9 months and from a couple living 3 suburbs away. He is curled up on my feet as I type 5 years later.

Put them up!

Wow, that's quite a story! I'm glad to hear that you were reunited. It definitely warms my heart and gives me hope. I will definitely start expanding where my flyers are being put up. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

In my limited experience, animals seem to communicate telepathically by imagery. I was looking for our cat's green stuffed mouse one day. She trotted up and dropped it at my feet.

Did you feed your cat at a specific time and place? At that time, I'd put its favorite food in its bowl and stare at it. Project that imagery. If the cat is hiding and hungry, it may hone in on that and come home.

Good Luck!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

Thanks for the extensive post, CraftBuilder. I loved the stories about Jake and Steve. My neighborhood has little cat shelters and feeding stations all over the place, so it's been difficult. I've seen dozens of cats, and had a few false alarms. So far the best response I've gotten has been with the pet ambler alert service, even though the cats people called me about were not mine.
edit on 26-1-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Awww... sorry.

I once lost my dog after a car accident... she and I were in my car when some drunk guy plowed into my pristine 240-Z (still miss that stupid car) and my beloved doggie booked out a window in a panic... looked at me once as I yelled at her and then ran into the darkness of the night in total panic.

Cut to hours later, after police, etc (drunk guy fine, my back hurt, though) and my gf and I are driving around (with her car) looking for my beloved mutt.

A mile or two away, I 'go a little vacant' (as she put it) and the car drifted to a stop... I got out and walked towards a random house in the neighborhood and opened the fence gate and went to the back yard (two low fences) and there was our doggy... huddled into a corner, still terrified from the accident.

No explanation and I cannot even really describe the thought process when I stopped ... all autopilot... but I "knew" she was there.

Interestingly, the house itself was a basic copy of the house we lived in... with a low front fence and a slightly higher fence separating the front from back yards... and the layout, landscaping was very similar... I wondered if the dog picked that house to hide in because it was laid out the same way as "home."

Anyway, weird and no explanation... no barks as she was silent and hiding from fear... so...?

Good luck on finding kitty... it's likely she eating at another loving house, if its any comfort.

ETA huh, sorta like Bedlam's St Anthony thingy, without the chant... we were just driving around the city in the general direction she ran off in... but, before this incident, the dog had jumped the fence and followed my gf as she drove to work, across town, and we couldn't find her. 3 weeks (and much sadness) later we got a call from the Love family (always thought that name was fitting, considering) and they had lured her in with hotdogs and had her, 5 miles away. Great reunion.

edit on 1/27/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

ETA huh, sorta like Bedlam's St Anthony thingy, without the chant... we were just driving around the city in the general direction she ran off in...

Hey, I have it on good authority from four Catholics I know that St Anthony NEVER FAILS to come through. NEVER. So, it's as good as in the bag.
However, it comes with a warning - you must pay attention to what you see and feel, Tony might only give you one indication, miss it, and it's gone.

I'm not sure if it works for non-Catholics, never tried it myself, I use Todd.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Baddogma

ETA huh, sorta like Bedlam's St Anthony thingy, without the chant... we were just driving around the city in the general direction she ran off in...

Hey, I have it on good authority from four Catholics I know that St Anthony NEVER FAILS to come through. NEVER. So, it's as good as in the bag.
However, it comes with a warning - you must pay attention to what you see and feel, Tony might only give you one indication, miss it, and it's gone.

I'm not sure if it works for non-Catholics, never tried it myself, I use Todd.

Well, to clear it up, I'm not Catholic or even Christian, although I was raised as such. I don't pray anymore. I'm agnostic and don't really follow a belief system, I just believe that we are all connected to the universe and we can all create our own reality. This is why I think that St Anthony works for Catholics and various other deities can work for other faiths. It seems you have to KNOW that it's going to work, regardless of what method you use. Unfortunately, I keep trying to focus on him coming home and the good feelings I'd get from it, but it's tough to shake the doubt and overall funk/depression that I've been in since he left.

The one good thing out of this whole ordeal is that I got 2 cats instead of 1 this time, so even though his brother misses him quite a bit, he's there to help comfort me. They aren't even a year old yet, that's what really gets me. With my last cat, I only had 1, and she suddenly got lymphoma and died at age 7. It was devastating and I sworn I'd never get just a single cat again. She was pretty much my one and only. This happened last January. This past year has probably been the worse year of my life. I'm really trying to shake myself out of it and follow the "light" but it's difficult. I feel like i'm losing my grip on reality and I need to take control again, but these feelings of sadness just hover over me like a dark cloud that follows me everywhere I go. It's been like this for the past couple years. Anything that can go wrong, pretty much does. WTF is wrong with me? Did somebody put a curse on me?
edit on 27-1-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

If my attempt at helping you wasn't helpful to you at all I'd still appreciate some feedback.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FunkyContents

If my attempt at helping you wasn't helpful to you at all I'd still appreciate some feedback.

Alright. Well Riverton is a good 2+ hour drive from me, so it's very unlikely that he ended up that far away. He isn't the type to jump in somebody's car or even go near the road, so unless somebody stole him at 11 pm that night and then drove him out there, it's not very likely.

www.google.com...

Here is the google maps for the town I live in, just in case you were curious. I appreciate the help, however, and am open to any other feedback you may have.
Maybe it has something to do with a nearby river.
edit on 27-1-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

And yet, in your bad year, two little cats found their way to you.

I truly believe that cats will find us when we need them and offer us the sort of love that can only come from a cat

Some years ago, at work, a small yellow cat used to come into the garden. When the Boss wasn't around I'd play with Evie and let her into the house. I was going through a bad time just then and was glad of her company. One day we were sitting on the stairs and I was cuddling her and generally letting her know I that loved her and she was doing that little rubbing and purring thing they do. And somehow, it got through to me, she was trying her utmost to let me know that she loved me too - it wasn't a one way street. I was so distant back then - I used to look at life as if through a pane of glass - but that little cat persisted and got through.

Keep focussing on Heisen and believing in him. I'm doing it too.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I really hope you find your little buddy! Im sorry I can't help any more than to "send out my intention to the universe" and hope all turns out well.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Hi Barcs, very sorry to hear about your situation but try not to despair, there is hope!.
About 5 years ago one of our cats, my daughters and mine got out of the house by accident, they are indoor cats. My daughter was staying with her dad out in the country during some time off from school in early February, this is when Gumby snuck out.
It was a sickening feeling to realize hours later they still couldn't find him. We have had both of our guys since they were kittens and Gumby was around 8 years old when he got lost. Well suffice it to say, the whole neighborhood and town (small town) were looking for him.

My ex husbands neighbors yard was a junk heap. The only place they were not given permission to look.
TWO months went by, sickening, sickening, and then late in March my daughter and a friend were sitting out on the porch when they heard meowing, yep, they found him, my daughter knew she wasn't supposed to go in the neighbors yard but she didn't care at this point, sound was coming from a flipped over canoe and there he was, skinnier and a little matted and sitting beside a small pile of bones, yep, hes not declawed, thank god.

We still can't believe hes back, but my point is that most if not all house cats once lost DO NOT GO FAR, they are usually very close by but will not respond to your voice as they have already gone into a feral state for their own protection.
My daughter called gumby's name everyday that he was gone but he never came out of that canoe until she literally flipped it over.
That's the hard part about losing a cat, not like a dog who run to their owner when called by name, if lost, there is a very very good chance your little guy is extremely close, I know you said you checked everywhere, but bear in mind it is winter and cold and they will hunker down in a spot that is safe and warm, it maybe like looking for a needle in a haystack, don't give up hope, I know its difficult, there is a good chance he will stay where he is until spring or when the weather breaks, look in every possible cat hiding place you can imagine surrounding your house or apt.

I really really hope you find him safe, and sound. Sometimes miracles do happen. Good luck Barcs.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Have a chat with Local Newspaper/s, they will perhaps put out a photo plus your request and a good neighbour - who may have found him - will Hopefully be quick to fetch him home or whatever.........Did that for our old dog once, Wish you all the luck in the world.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I hope so much that you will find him! It is such an awful feeling to lose such a close pet. I moved, about 20 years ago, and a family member accidentally let my elderly cat out the front door, only a day or two after the move.

My cat would have got his bearings, had he been gradually let out the back, for a little while at a time. He was old and would not have jumped the six foot fence unless he really wanted to. Since he was let out the front door, instead, he must have been disoriented. I went to the County every week for months, but he never turned up. I still pray that he just wandered a block or two and got taken in by another family.

Best wishes for your cat's safe retun!

-Gwynn

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Since you haven't posted that you've found your cat, I have some more ideas:

I have the impression that he's locked in a basement somewhere and can't get out. (The window shut behind him.) May be a home with older people who never go down to the basement, and can't hear him crying.

Since you still have the missing cat's brother, why not put him in a cat carrier and drive him around with you. If he gets agitated and starts meowing, maybe that'll be a hint the missing cat is in the area.

Good Luck! Hope you find him.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

This is interesting because in my travels yesterday I saw an abandoned house but was reluctant to take a look, just in case somebody called the police on me, but I will go in and take a look today.

I did take my other cat with me when I looked locally on foot, but he is a very vocal cat and when I put him in the carrier he pretty much meows nonstop. I appreciate the ideas. Thanks!
edit on 29-1-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply. I really hope you find him!

If you take the brother cat with you next time, maybe you could put something in the carrier with him that is the lost cat's favorite toy, or has the lost cat's smell on it. Maybe that will help the brother cat focus better. Just an idea.

Please let us know when you find him.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Hi Barcs

Have you checked the Shelters again?

Wherever he is, I hope Heisen is alright and that you're holding up, too.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I have lost my cat since one week, with the help of animal communicator still I'm unable to find Her. Is their any alternative options? Pls help

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join