It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Bans - Where will it end?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: Tangerine

Count down to what? Gas chambers?

Tired of Control Freaks

If you want to liken being in a closed room with a smoker to being in a gas chamber, I won't disagree.

I thought smoking was supposed to relax people. Inhale deeply!

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

No really - you insinuated a count down to some threat - finish your sentence. What is the count-down leading to?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

No really - you insinuated a count down to some threat - finish your sentence. What is the count-down leading to?

Tired of Control Freaks

I thought it was obvious: it's a countdown to when you will no longer be able to legally spew cigarette smoke into the lungs of the unwilling. For you, that may be tantamount to be putting on the rack. For the rest of us, it will be like a breath of fresh air.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Second hand smoke has been shown not to be the health issue you think it is.
Once again I will refer back to my first post in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

Governmental public health agencies relying on hard science disagree. But let's agree on this: you don't expose me to your second-hand smoke and I won't care if you smoke. Agree?
edit on 25-1-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Now see, I don't quite understand you here

A count-down to a time when smoking will no longer be legal. Are you talking about tobacco prohibition?

How will you accomplish this - tobacco, like marijuana, is a freely-grown weed.

Even if you managed to burn every tobacco plant in Canada and United States - its still grown in other countries and smuggled into these ones.

The only way to control smoking is to eradicate smokers - people!

How are you planning to eradicate 20 to 30 % of the population

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Where do you live that smokers tie you up in a room, against your will and force you to breathe second hand smoke?

Tired of control Freaks

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Poppcocked
Any parent that smokes around their child should be beaten and shot in the face.

I find it highly ironic that we are so "liberated" when it comes to marijuana, but we so hate tobacco.

I don't care what substance we are talking about smoking. Putting smoke into your lungs is NOT healthy for you.

I just find it hypocritical that people will talk about legalizing one form of smoked substance all while they steadily work on banning another.

Personally, what you do, you do. Just don't ask me to be responsible for your bad choices.

The difference is that marijuana has health benefits, smoking tobacco has none.

Yes smoking anything is not good for the lungs, but marijuana has proven health benefits in other areas.

www.businessinsider.com.au...-can-be-used-to-treat-glaucoma-1

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Now see, I don't quite understand you here

A count-down to a time when smoking will no longer be legal. Are you talking about tobacco prohibition?

How will you accomplish this - tobacco, like marijuana, is a freely-grown weed.

Even if you managed to burn every tobacco plant in Canada and United States - its still grown in other countries and smuggled into these ones.

The only way to control smoking is to eradicate smokers - people!

How are you planning to eradicate 20 to 30 % of the population

Tired of Control Freaks

Smokers eradicate themselves. Problem solved. Due to smokers refusing to respect the right of others to breathe clean air, cigarettes, cigars, etc. will likely become illegal. Smokers can go through withdrawal in jail cells. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

oh so you ARE planning to round us up and take away our freedom?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

a reply to: beezzer

I think this is going to go beyond whining and wheedling. I can't stand bullies and I certainly will not stop smoking. I am retiring soon. I believe it is time to take my money out of the Canadian economy and go to another country.

I am thinking of the Dominican Republic

I am confident that no one in Ontario wants my money anyway. Its contaminated with 3rd hand smoke and might affect their health

Tired of Control Freaks

Yeh im thinking that as well, I'm in a country that thinks a hundred dollars for a fifty gram packet is reasonable.
If they think that is reasonable what next will they think is reasonable.
edit on 25-1-2015 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

oh so you ARE planning to round us up and take away our freedom?

Tired of Control Freaks

No. I don't want to be anywhere around you. I'm guessing that most people don't.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Well we can clearly see from the responses provided by the anti-smokers that their line that they don't care where we smoke as long as we don't expose others to second-hand smoke is, in fact, a lie.

They want tobacco prohibition and to round up smokers and put us in jail.

This isn't about health - its about control.

Like marijuana - they are willing lie lie lie lie in order to achieve their ends. And they clearly aren't very nice people

There are fortunes to be made in prohibition (think about the kennedy's during alcohol prohibiton)

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Smokers can go through withdrawal in jail cells. Just a thought

Wow........ That mean us that dip snuff and chew will get the death penalty . you think second hand smoke is bad wait till you get a dose of second hand spit.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

Governmental public health agencies relying on hard science disagree. But let's agree on this: you don't expose me to your second-hand smoke and I won't care if you smoke. Agree?

Article one: (in my quoted bit) " On the program As It Happens, I put these and other questions to a researcher for the Environmental Protection Agency. After some heated back and forth, he admitted:"Sure it's crappy science, but look at the outcome--a smoke-free America." "

EPA is not a "Governmental public health agency?" It seems researchers disagree that not only is your statement wrong, but also believe what you think is "hard science" is actually "crappy science."

Article two: ". . . The article in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute. . ."

Is this not hard enough science for you?

Article three: "Similar conclusions were reached by the World Health Organisation which concluded in 1998 after a seven-year study that the correlation between "passive smoking" and lung cancer was not "statistically significant."

The WHO are not "Governmental public health agencies relying on hard science" either. Right?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Remember Reefer Madness - the excuses that were used to pass marijuana prohition. It was all lies. They knew it was lies but it was a fine moral cause - marijuana free society.

We have seen and witnessed forty years of marijuana prohibition. Fortunes were made by some, live destroyed for most, jails full, corrupt police and justice system.

All based on lies!

Do you really believe that the anti-smokers don't know they are lying?

Tired of control Freaks

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Think more recently and the whole eggs are bad/good/bad/good thing that happened in the 90s.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Along with the transfat thing that had us all eating poison for some 3 decades before they finally admitted their error

I wonder how many heart attacks that caused?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Well we can clearly see from the responses provided by the anti-smokers that their line that they don't care where we smoke as long as we don't expose others to second-hand smoke is, in fact, a lie.

They want tobacco prohibition and to round up smokers and put us in jail.

This isn't about health - its about control.

Like marijuana - they are willing lie lie lie lie in order to achieve their ends. And they clearly aren't very nice people

There are fortunes to be made in prohibition (think about the kennedy's during alcohol prohibiton)

Tired of Control Freaks

I know i've been around long enough to see that the same old mistakes are being made over and over. "If you don't learn from history it will repeat etc." The alcohol ban actually kick started the depression, but I just don't care anymore theirs nothing I can say or do that will make any difference. Most people will go to hell in their own handcart. But at least the individual has geographic mobility, and if you can see the crap hitting the fan then you'd be a fool to stay and cop some , when you didn't have to.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Its clear that we are dealing with fanatics here.

Your right - its time to leave them to the madhouse they created

Tired of Control Freaks

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join