It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Bans - Where will it end?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
I am going to post a major news story that just appeared in a Canadian Newspaper in Ontario

Keep in mind that Ontario has the most draconian smoking ban - bar none

www.theglobeandmail.com...

The private home is one of the last places where Canadians can indiscriminately light up a cigarette without risking breaking the law. And a growing number of people would like that to change. Specifically, people who live in apartments, condominiums and other multiunit dwellings where one person’s cigarette smoke can easily invade another person’s home.

So now when exposure is down to nothing more than a molecular level, when it clearly can't be about health - are the control motives of anti-smokers now clear?

One helpful commenter even suggests that the children of smokers should be seized and put into a "safe orphanage" (and we have all seen how safe some orphanges are).

Is it time for non-smokers to stand up and help defend the rights of a hated minority? Or will you all fall under the hammer with us?

Tired of Control Freaks

Where have you been for the last 15 years. This game is over. Where will it end? No one can say for sure, but they've only just started.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

People are sensitive to and offended by;
Peanuts
Cologne
Deoderant
Anti-perspirants
Perfumes
Pork-products
Smoking
Drinking
swearing
Wearing skimpy clothing
Wearing baggy clothing
Wearing no clothing
Religious symbols
National flags
Gays
Straights
Lesbians
Transgender
Transexual
Pet dander
Drawings/cartoons
Scented candles

etc.

The planet has been over-run and is now under the control of a population of whiny sissies.

The pathetic mouth-breathing morons who have a chronic low-T and a desire to control every aspect of everyone's lives are now in charge.

The only good news is that they probably won't breed and will die out when a roof collapses during a hug-fest.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

yes - but people are only interested when it affects them.

All of the things you mention have been the subject of bans and personally I think people are just about fed up with the nanny state.

What do you think

Tired of control Freaks

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

a reply to: ArMaP

On another note:

If the government were to pass such a ban, they would have to have some means of enforcement.

Would they then use noknock warrents to invade the homes of smokers

Tired of Control Freaks

Yes they would, because it concerns the profitability of the corporations. It wouldn't take long for the sheeple too tow the line and buy what they were meant to.
edit on 25-1-2015 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Does anyone else think that my comparison of the treatment of smokers by anti-smokers to the jewish population of pre-war Germany is reasonably accurate?

Tired of Control Freak

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
People are sensitive to and offended by;

There's a difference between being mentally sensitive to something and being physically sensitive to something.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

All of the things you mention have been the subject of bans and personally I think people are just about fed up with the nanny state.

"Straights" were banned?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I get offended by stuff. You get offended by stuff. everyone gets offended by stuff sometime in their life.
What's different is that many don't have the emotional maturity to allow it. They are weak, sallow people who wish to govern those by their own ideals.

My solution is to slap the taste out of mouths those who whine, wheedle and try to control personal, individual choices.

My posts will probably offend some people.

I hope like hell that it does.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I think this is going to go beyond whining and wheedling. I can't stand bullies and I certainly will not stop smoking. I am retiring soon. I believe it is time to take my money out of the Canadian economy and go to another country.

I am thinking of the Dominican Republic

I am confident that no one in Ontario wants my money anyway. Its contaminated with 3rd hand smoke and might affect their health

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

a reply to: anonentity

Does anyone else think that my comparison of the treatment of smokers by anti-smokers to the jewish population of pre-war Germany is reasonably accurate?

Tired of Control Freak

Yes I do its discrimination it were Gays Latinos Blacks etc. Their would be an uproar. You could argue that gays are a major contributor to AIDS but no one would think of banning them.(Not that they are).Or (Blacks to crime), not that they are either. So what is the agenda going on here. ? The mere fact that certain people now think smokers are the cause of all evils, says a lot for the decline, of independent thought. Hitler was an avid anti smoker then he got Parkinson's which is what nicotine protects the cells against, so that's karma.

My thoughts are that the less smokers, the more medicine will have to be sold to the consumer, to counter the protective effects of nicotine. Plus the appetite supressing nature of nicotine, would have held, the Obesity epidemic, which would again hit medicine profits. Yes over use of the product is bad for the lungs, but when its removed from public use, the effects of Alzheimer's Parkinson's and Diabetes will rise, as it is doing, and illness rates will increase.So follow the money who will profit? we all know the answer to that one.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I am going to post a major news story that just appeared in a Canadian Newspaper in Ontario

Keep in mind that Ontario has the most draconian smoking ban - bar none

www.theglobeandmail.com...

The private home is one of the last places where Canadians can indiscriminately light up a cigarette without risking breaking the law. And a growing number of people would like that to change. Specifically, people who live in apartments, condominiums and other multiunit dwellings where one person’s cigarette smoke can easily invade another person’s home.

So now when exposure is down to nothing more than a molecular level, when it clearly can't be about health - are the control motives of anti-smokers now clear?

One helpful commenter even suggests that the children of smokers should be seized and put into a "safe orphanage" (and we have all seen how safe some orphanges are).

Is it time for non-smokers to stand up and help defend the rights of a hated minority? Or will you all fall under the hammer with us?

Tired of Control Freaks

It's entirely about health. Second-hand smoke is a health danger. I propose that tobacco products only be sold in liquid form with syringes. That way, you can shoot-up all you want so long as you dispose of the needles properly. No second hand smoke.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

You really really really don't know anything about the issue do you?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

e-cigarettes were developed to only heat tobacco and not burn it - the only discharge is a water vapor.

Anti-smokers are banning e-cigarettes as well.

I told you - this isn't about health - this is about control

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You really really really don't know anything about the issue do you?

Tired of Control Freaks

I know you can go to a restroom stall or out by a dumpster and shoot up with liquified cigarette contents and it won't bother me a bit.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Thanks for your permission!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Thanks for your permission!

Tired of Control Freaks

Face reality. The day when you can suck cigarettes and blow poison into the lungs of others is numbered. The countdown has begun.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Well - we are getting to the point where the hate is palpable. People want to shoot us, beat us etc.

There is even a video game that lets you shoot smokers as a sniper.

Its time to leave this country and get out ahead of the ghetto and "re-education camp" phase

tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

So why can't a vaper go out and vape? Again, there is nothing toxic about what they breathe out.

I say this as someone who doesn't and never will smoke. I just think this ridiculous.

What I think is even more ridiculous is that they will never, ever just make tobacco illegal. They can't. It makes them too much money off of taxes. So instead they just make it illegal for you to use it anywhere.

Let's not forget that it was anti-tobacco legislation that indirectly led to Michael Garner's death.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ketsuko

Your wasting your breath - hate is never ever rational

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Count down to what? Gas chambers?

Tired of Control Freaks

new topics