It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Bans - Where will it end?

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I hear ya dawnstar

Anti-smokers feels that they should not have to lift a finger to solve their issues. They believe it is their right to make smokers hop to their increasing demands that never end and are never "good enough".

They are bullies but I don't think that people realize how far down a slippery slope the anti-smokers have taken us.

Obviously, they want the right to regulate what you do in your own home and they will use any excuse to get there but does anyone realize that bullies never ever stop?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: twfau
People can be placed on these wards without really knowing why, and sometimes against their will, so to then say they can't have a cigarette during their time on the ward (which for some people can be months) is just going to add to their distress.

I think the part I underlined is worse than being forbidden from smoking.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
It'll end when smokers are prepared to say "F**k this for a game of soldiers" and start meeting up outside smoking prohibited places, lighting up, then blowing the smoke in the face of anyone who complains and saying "Call the police, you pussy!"

Bonus points if you are all wearing leg cuffs already.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

That was more relating to people who lack capacity, who I'm sure would be given full explanations and care plans but may not be able to retain the information.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IvanAstikov

That is kind of my conclusion as well!

Smokers have graciously moved over for 50 years now. First planes, than all transportation, movie theatres, government offices, colleges and universities, hospitals and work places, bars and restaurants and now in Ontario parks, and outdoor eating patios.

When do we get fed up with paying gross taxes and health care fees to subsidize non-smokers and start telling the bullies to "get stuffed"?

It will be, in the end, the only solution.

If we can't make anti-smokers happy, no matter what we do, we might just as well make ourselves happy.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

I have done some research and now have more information on the the DC man who was court ordered not to smoke in his home

www.washingtonpost.com... tory.html

First of all, the next door neighbours are both environmental lawyers. So this is not a normal neighbour to neighbour dispute. These people were able to bring on this lawsuit because they are working for themselves.

Second of all, the mans house does not just have cracks in the cellar, it has a decaying chimney that is also conveying smoke into the neighbours house.

This is an unusual case because the man's house is in a state of deep disrepair and wouldn't apply to people who keep their homes in a well maintained state.

Third of all - the neighbours are not just complaining about smoke from tobacco. The man smokes marijuana and likes to burn incense. So there is a bigger nuisance factor than just smoking

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
When do we get fed up with paying gross taxes and health care fees to subsidize non-smokers and start telling the bullies to "get stuffed"?

It will be, in the end, the only solution.

There's another solution: stop smoking.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
'Smoking Bans - Where will it end?'

It will end when smoking is completely outlawed and stats on lung cancer haven't changed/getting worse - even though they're not 'smoking'...

Å99

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I quit smoking before I became pregnant with my kids. I went from around 115bs to close to 200bs and most of that weight didn't just fall off after I had my last child. It took a long time to get rid of it. So let's see you want me to quit smoking and put that weight back on again?? No thanks!!! I can't even consistently carry 30lb boxes for a day anymore without ending up limping.. give it a week or two and I will be either using a cane or on crutches! And of course the gov't who values our health so much and introduced obamacare still hasn't made it possible to get decent healthcare in this country at an affordable price!! So sorry I am not gonna add extra weight at this stage of the game!! a heart attack is a quick basically painless way to die! I know my husband just died from one last month
I don't think he even knew what hit him!
I value my ability to walk probably because I've learned that no matter how bad it gets there is still food that needs to be retrieved from the fridge and prepared to be eaten along with dishes and laundry and many other things that are very difficult to do while on crutches!!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Appeasing a bully is NEVER the right answer. If I quit smoking, then I will be hounded for being obese. Then it will be that I didn't check into the goverment mandated exercise program.

There is an endless list of things that can be forced on the entire population as soon as they finish bullying smokers.

Do we not have the right to live our lives as we please anymore?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
So let's see you want me to quit smoking and put that weight back on again??

No, I do not, and I never said anything like that.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Appeasing a bully is NEVER the right answer.

I agree with that, and all those smokers blowing their smoke on other people's faces without a care for their health were also bullying them.

If I quit smoking, then I will be hounded for being obese. Then it will be that I didn't check into the goverment mandated exercise program.

One year ago I was told that I should lose weight, as besides being asthmatic I was diagnosed with diabetes (something I was expecting sooner or later, as diabetes is common in my family), and the doctor told me that I should lose some weight (I weighted more than 100 kg). As the doctor didn't give me any directions of what I should do I went looking for what I should do and I made my own diet, and I also started to walk more (half a hour each day, at least). Thanks to both I lost more than 25 kg, so I know that being obese (my excess weight put me on the obese category, now I'm just overweight by 2 kg) is also something (most) people can correct by themselves, so I suggest you do both: stop smoking and change your diet.

There is an endless list of things that can be forced on the entire population as soon as they finish bullying smokers.
Yes, like smoke.

Do we not have the right to live our lives as we please anymore?

Probably not, at least on that side of the Atlantic ocean.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

And of course the gov't who values our health so much and introduced obamacare still hasn't made it possible to get decent healthcare in this country at an affordable price!! So sorry I am not gonna add extra weight at this stage of the game!! a heart attack is a quick basically painless way to die! I know my husband just died from one last month
I don't think he even knew what hit him!
I value my ability to walk probably because I've learned that no matter how bad it gets there is still food that needs to be retrieved from the fridge and prepared to be eaten along with dishes and laundry and many other things that are very difficult to do while on crutches!!

You can thank republicans for getting half assesd Obama care.no one else.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
So let me get this right. Guy states his case, and you come back with "science"... you use a little bit of data when it suites your cause, then look the other way when it doesn't.

10 metre is 30 feet! There are 3 feet to every metre

Tired of Control Freaks

Then you come back and try to get all "science" on him, and utterly fail yet again.

That makes you story worse - you are now standing 32.8 feet away from a smoker and having it effect your lungs - but you are also so caring a person and such a good friend that you let someone smoke a cigarette in the same room as you - even though it was breaking the rules that the boss set to protect you from smoke.

Do you see how ridiculous you sound and might I say unbelievable

Tired of Control

Here's where the true personality disorder shines for anyone to see. Instead of admitting fault, you triple down on stupidity, making it seem as if your own wrong is his own. This is so beyond belief, and yet all right here. To think that any reasonable individual would continue to listen to you after this point would blow my mind. The continued stars proves without doubt, that many on this site vote on feelings of fairness without any regard to intellectual honesty.

How you can look yourself in the mirror day by day, I just don't know. Maybe that's actually what keeps you going in circles. You can't stand to face reality, so you feel so driven to prove the lie.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Well one thing is for sure I ain't gonna be walking much!!

Which is how I lost the weight the first time.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Go ahead - tell me how smoke from 19 grams of dried tobacco leaves is going to bother you from 32 feet away?

You are absolutely ridiculous - has it occurred to you that possibly something else in the air (like pollen) was the cause of the discomfort.

Public Health has been working diligently to convince asthmatics that any exposure to cigarette smoke is "killing" them however, considering that 21 % of asthmatics smoke, it is really unbelievable.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Do you chastise car drivers too for spewing out dangerous fumes?

Grow some skin stop being offended so much and stop being such a tool for the nanny state. Being obsessively compulsively afraid of a little second hand smoke that probably has a negligible effect if at all isn't particularly stoic to me. If we're gonna start going after smells that will open up a whole new list of people.

I'm also massively offended, by the useful tools that want to micromanage every aspect of my life. I think YOU are a danger to my freedoms and that is far more important than second hand smoke.

We've got f'in smog clouds enveloping mega cities and you're going on about second hand smoking.. yeah, some real consistency there. You don't hear these tools going after any real polluters, they only run errands for the nanny state.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I realize no one has posted on this thread in over a month, but I just saw a commercial that I think is worth of sharing here. Now, keep in mind that thetruth.com's main "about" page boldly states "We are here to empower, not to judge."

Someone there clearly didn't get the memo. This is an ad telling non-smokers that they should not date, or even consider dating a smoker. They are saying you should immediately "swipe left" on a dating app if my profile pic shows me with a cigarette.

For one, I've dated plenty of non-smokers, and it's never been an issue. I smoke less around them out of respect, but most actually share a puff on occasion, especially because I smoke only organic tobacco, and sometimes sage, or another herb recently decriminalized here in Illinois. So, how does one determine exactly what someone is smoking in their profile pic? They don't, they just assume, and swipe left, because anyone who smokes is undateable.

Sounds pretty judgmental to me, what do you guys think?

edit on 28-4-2015 by KAOStheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

I think its getting to be a bit of a joke, that will show up in the ballot boxes. The A%$# lickers have clearly gone with a meme like a dog after a bone. Because they think it will gain them brownie points. The Employers puff away like they didn't hear the message . But they get a few more hours work out of the employed because they can discriminate against smokers.

The health message is clearly smoking will kill you, it will if you die of starvation because you cant get insurance or a job. Make no mistake the biggest threat to the nations health is Dairy consumption, it always was and always will be. Where I live they are going down with hormone related cancers at an alarming rate, and not one word has been said about the rising Dairy consumption graph, matching the rising Breast Prostate and Ovarian cancer chart. Because its easier to blame smoking. The message is clear the massive amounts of dairy protein, is killing a generation.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Well that is harsh and i dont agree with it and im a non smoker.

However, you live in canada. To me its a dump and so behind in everything. Everytime i go there I feel like setiing my watch back 20 years.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46 >>

join