It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Bans - Where will it end?

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

oh - and I believe that the crux of this whole thread is - smoking bans - where will it end?

I see where it will end~

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

so you don't think smokers should have the right to rent an apartment either?

Tired of Control freaks

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: 3danimator2014

good - its soils my soul to speak to people like you. You would have been one of the citizens who helped the nazis by loading jews onto the truck - for the good of the nation, of course. And then gleefully joined your family for sunday dinner in a very nice apartment formerly owned by a jew!

Then, after the war, you would have denied any involvement.

Tired of Control Freaks
I support the previous poster's decision to report this. But I'll also respond to it.

I can't believe you can seriously compare ethnic cleansing with a regulatory agency taking away a dangerous, unnecessary vice. As thing stand right now, you also cannot walk outside your home, hop into a helicopter, and go throw dynamite at hydroelectric plants for fun. There are things that must be prohibited specifically in law, because people are stupid and would go ahead and do those things otherwise.
edit on 15-2-2015 by AshOnMyTomatoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

so you don't think smokers should have the right to rent an apartment either?

Tired of Control freaks
Sure, rent the apartment. But the landlord has the right to prohibit you from smoking there. He owns it, you don't. Why are you not concerned for HIS right to a clean, healthy building?

As George Costanza would say: "We're living in a society"
edit on 15-2-2015 by AshOnMyTomatoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

READ THE POST

I didn't say it - I reported it - IT IS HAPPENING

www.ibtimes.com...

The Islamic State group in Iraq and Syria has long imposed a strict ban on alcohol, cursing, smoking and other acts deemed haram, or sinful. But it seems smoking may be the vice that's most offensive to ISIS, considering the severed head of an ISIS official that was reportedly found last month in eastern Syria with a cigarette in its mouth. “This is not permissible, Sheikh,” a note attached to the nearby corpse read in Arabic, the Los Angeles Times reported Thursday.
[/quote

Aren't you glad?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Thank you. Am i being stupid? I cant seem to find any way of reporting this...i know it can be done, can you give me any help?

Cheers mate
I dunno. I seem to be incapable of embedding a YouTube video. Incompetence abounds!

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Yeah, I don't live in the Islamic State. I don't know what your point is. Do you live in the Islamic State? Are you worried about living in the Islamic State? Are you planning a vacation to the Islamic State? Casual beheading video fixation?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

No - I absolutely respect property rights. If the owner of a property wishes not to have smokers rent his apartment, he is more than free to put that in the lease.

We were talking about the state banning smoking in all privately owned apartment buildings. That is not the landlord speaking, that is the state. You know the ones who don't pay the mortgage or the bills and has not stake in the building at all!

Just like the state banned smoking in all privately-owned restaurants and bars.

Now how come you support a landlords right to ban smoking but you don't support a landlords right to rent to smokers?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

no - I am making a point!

Re- read the thread - in particular - pay close attention to the fact that I have posted information with supporting links and at every turn, I have been personally insulted. The evidence I posted was never discussed or debated. Every post was greeted with more attacks

What is the final solution to the smoking problem that Leonidas alluded to????? People have smoked for hundread and thousands of years. Prohibition of tobacco has been going on and off for the last 400 years.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

No - I absolutely respect property rights. If the owner of a property wishes not to have smokers rent his apartment, he is more than free to put that in the lease.

We were talking about the state banning smoking in all privately owned apartment buildings. That is not the landlord speaking, that is the state. You know the ones who don't pay the mortgage or the bills and has not stake in the building at all!

Just like the state banned smoking in all privately-owned restaurants and bars.

Now how come you support a landlords right to ban smoking but you don't support a landlords right to rent to smokers?

Tired of Control Freaks
Ooh, is state-sponsored banning of smoking in apartment buildings a thing? I'm all for that. I'm all for restricting smokers, because smokers willingly infringe upon the rights of others unless they are restricted from doing so. Smoking is not a right; sanitary living conditions are.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

So you only believe in private property rights when it suits you?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks People have smoked for hundread and thousands of years. Prohibition of tobacco has been going on and off for the last 400 years.

Tired of Control Freaks
They also used to put toads in people's mouths as a curative measure. We have learned a lot since then.

I get the eerie suspicion that these points have been made already a dozen times in this thread, and I'm just repeating someone else.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

So you only believe in private property rights when it suits you?

Tired of Control Freaks
And when it suits Benny in 4A, and Wilma in 3C, and Herb in 4D, and Violet in 2B.....

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I asked you a direct question - please respond - I asked you specifically if you only support private property rights if it pleases you?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I asked you a direct question - please respond - I asked you specifically if you only support private property rights if it pleases you?

Tired of Control Freaks
I answered you directly, with a joke that meant the following: I support any rights that are for the common good. Weight the two sides against each other: on the one hand, a smoker is not able to satisfy his craving while sitting in a small set of rooms situated adjacent to hundreds of other families who may or may not smoke, and who can be adversely affected in a score of ways by the presence of a smoker. On the other hand....see the bit in the last sentence about hundreds of other families. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the spoiled.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Then you don't believe in private property rights at all - Benny in 4A can choose to rent an apartment in the building of a landlord who doesn't wish to rent to smokers. Read the paper. Non-smoking buildings abound.

I also posted an article about a 90 year old veteran and his wife who suffers from Alzeimers, who was evicted. Not because he smoked 'inside" his apartment. He smoked OUTSIDE under a breezeway because it was raining. He had lived int he building for 20 years.

Well - all I can really say - is be careful of your own future. A government that is big enough to give you what you want, is also big enough to take all you have.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

oh - and I have no hope for myself or other smokers. I have little doubt that the final step would be to declare smokers to have a psychatric disease and to force them into some kind of prison.

I also have no doubt that that is where anyone who speaks against the government will end up.

And for the rest of you - since you deny property rights to others - do not expect any yourself!

Tired of Control Freaks

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join