It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Bans - Where will it end?

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
It took a lot of propaganda on the part of anti-smokers to change the perception of the smell of cigarettes.

Maybe not, maybe people still think the same about the smell of cigarette smoke but cigarette smoke now is not seen as "cool" as it was back then.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

so you started having smoking bans 50 years ago?

And when bans were introduced in public transportation - do you remember there being health officers or police officers to enforce the bans?

As a matter of fact - for 40 years, smokers politely moved over from every area where smoking was banned WITHOUT the use or threat of enforcement.

But the draconian bans - now that was different. The government knew that the bans would be extremely unpopular and they hired special teams of health inspectors to enforce the ban. Now by the laws of my country, a health inspector does not have the power to required that people identify themselves and they wanted to be able to issue tickets. So a police officer had to accompany a health officer to enforce the law.

It has been 9 years since the ban was introduced. Police officers are still required to accompany health inspectors to enforce the law.

Anti-smokers love to say that the population loves the smoking ban but I notice that enforcement is still required. So if the majority loves the bans - why is that?

Whether or not mental patients are strip-searched for contraband is not the point. If they find out the adult person has bought a pack of cigarettes (at over $10), they destroy the cigarettes and will not allow the patient to keep the cigarettes in a personal locked cubical where the personal belongings are stored. This is to require the patient to buy a new pack, each and every single day. They are destroying legal property that belongs to the patient.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

so you started having smoking bans 50 years ago?

47 years ago.

And when bans were introduced in public transportation - do you remember there being health officers or police officers to enforce the bans?

No, never, then or now.

Anti-smokers love to say that the population loves the smoking ban but I notice that enforcement is still required. So if the majority loves the bans - why is that?

I noticed that you keep saying "anti-smokers" instead of "anti-smoke", do you have any evidence that those people are anti-smokers and not anti-smoke?

Whether or not mental patients are strip-searched for contraband is not the point.

It is the point, if that happens with other things besides cigarettes then the situation is different from a "common" cigarette ban.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Yes the use of the term anti-smokers is deliberate.

Is there any reason, under the sun, to deny smokers a separate smoking area (a but hut) that has only 2 walls and a roof? Yes - the reason is obvious, to make smokers uncomfortable and encourage them to quit smoking. That is anti-smoker!

Is there any reason to deprive mental patients of cigarettes that they bought and paid for? Not withhold them to prevent patients from smoking inside the hospital is some corner but to confiscate and destroy their property. That is anti-smoker.

Is there any reason to single out smokers in an apartment building but not candle burners, fireplacer burners - that is anti-smoker

When smoking does not affect task performance in a job, is there any reason to deny smokers a job? Is there any reason to deny smokers the right to smoke during off-duty hours? Is there any reason to require that not only must be the employee be a non-smoker, his whole family has to be non-smokers as well? That is anti-smoker

Is there any reason to charge smokers more for health care when they pay extra taxes on tobacco (supposedly for health care costs) - that is anti-smoker! In the United States smokers also pay more through the Master Settlement agreement - Smokers already pay more than 10 times the supposed and grossly exaggerated costs of their health care - that is anti-smoker.

There are many examples of actions and requirements that are not put in place to protect non-smokers from second-hand smoke but actions and requirements designed to force the smoker to give up and if the smoker continues to refuse - the punishments get worse and worse.

The anti-smoking movement has morphed into an anti-smoker movement

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Yes the use of the term anti-smokers is deliberate.

Is there any reason, under the sun, to deny smokers a separate smoking area (a but hut) that has only 2 walls and a roof? Yes - the reason is obvious, to make smokers uncomfortable and encourage them to quit smoking. That is anti-smoker!

Is there any reason to deprive mental patients of cigarettes that they bought and paid for? Not withhold them to prevent patients from smoking inside the hospital is some corner but to confiscate and destroy their property. That is anti-smoker.

Is there any reason to single out smokers in an apartment building but not candle burners, fireplacer burners - that is anti-smoker

When smoking does not affect task performance in a job, is there any reason to deny smokers a job? Is there any reason to deny smokers the right to smoke during off-duty hours? Is there any reason to require that not only must be the employee be a non-smoker, his whole family has to be non-smokers as well? That is anti-smoker

Is there any reason to charge smokers more for health care when they pay extra taxes on tobacco (supposedly for health care costs) - that is anti-smoker! In the United States smokers also pay more through the Master Settlement agreement - Smokers already pay more than 10 times the supposed and grossly exaggerated costs of their health care - that is anti-smoker.

There are many examples of actions and requirements that are not put in place to protect non-smokers from second-hand smoke but actions and requirements designed to force the smoker to give up and if the smoker continues to refuse - the punishments get worse and worse.

The anti-smoking movement has morphed into an anti-smoker movement

Tired of Control Freaks

Cry me a river. So you guys can no longer stink up places, make people cough and endanger their lives with your second hand smoke. Good.

Candles and fireplaces are safe and don't stink up the area and anyone who come into the room. If you step into a smokers room for just a few minutes, you stink the rest of the day. And i mean stink.

This doesn't happen with candles and fireplaces.

Wanna smoke? Buy your own house.

You think these laws are draconian? I think they are a breathe of fresh air.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Personally if laws against smoking in my apartment are ever passed I will begin simmering a crock pot of African fish oil and curry.

Hope you enjoy the fresh air!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Personally if laws against smoking in my apartment are ever passed I will begin simmering a crock pot of African fish oil and curry.

Hope you enjoy the fresh air!

Tired of Control Freaks

That sounds delicious. Cook away. I love smelling other peoples food in my apartment block...gets me hungry.

edit on 12-2-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Smokers - The Final Solution

I am sure that this makes you and DelMaRvel and few others very happy

metro.co.uk...

A leading figure with Isis’s police force was recently found in Deir-al-Zor beheaded and with a cigarette in his mouth, with the sentence “O Sheikh this is munkar (hateful and evil thing)” written on his body. Abu Mohammed Hussam, one of the founders of the Raqqa is Being Slaughtered Silently (RBSS) activist group, described the severity of punishments for being caught smoking cigarettes. “The first time he will be arrested and flogged (40 lashes),” he told The Independent. “If he smokes again, he will be whipped and imprisoned. On the third occasion, he will be taken to a camp in the countryside and fined a large sum of money.”

now who was it that was offended when I compared the treatments of smokers now with the treatment of jews prior to the war?

If smokers don't stop being polite and trying to appease the bullies, I foresee that at the very least, smokers in the US and canada will be rounded up and sent to "rehabilitation" camps with their property seized to pay for it.
Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Smokers - The Final Solution

I am sure that this makes you and DelMaRvel and few others very happy

metro.co.uk...

A leading figure with Isis’s police force was recently found in Deir-al-Zor beheaded and with a cigarette in his mouth, with the sentence “O Sheikh this is munkar (hateful and evil thing)” written on his body. Abu Mohammed Hussam, one of the founders of the Raqqa is Being Slaughtered Silently (RBSS) activist group, described the severity of punishments for being caught smoking cigarettes. “The first time he will be arrested and flogged (40 lashes),” he told The Independent. “If he smokes again, he will be whipped and imprisoned. On the third occasion, he will be taken to a camp in the countryside and fined a large sum of money.”

now who was it that was offended when I compared the treatments of smokers now with the treatment of jews prior to the war?

If smokers don't stop being polite and trying to appease the bullies, I foresee that at the very least, smokers in the US and canada will be rounded up and sent to "rehabilitation" camps with their property seized to pay for it.
Tired of Control Freaks

I'm sorry...are you seriously using what subhuman scum terrorists who burn people alive do to smokers to defend your position. As if their behaviour towards smokers (or anyone) should in any way be taken as normal?

You are beyond help my friend.

And f**k you for insinuating that their sick actions towards another human being would make me happy. How dare you suggest that? I only see one sicko person here who is using Isis to bolster their argument and it ain't us.

Totally beyond help.

edit on 15-2-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

would you really care to make me believe that you are happy to see a smoker evicted but not happy to see one beheaded or have their fingers broken with pliars?

This is where zelotry always end!

Hitler, before the gas chambers and before the slave camps and before the ghettos, made the jews into the enemy of the german people - he compared them to rats and claimed they were the spreaders of disease. He denied them a place in public life and didn't even allow them to sit on a park bench in peace.

Before prohibition, before the government killed 10,000 of their own citizens with poisoned alcohol, the identity of drinkers was soiled. They were the cause of all social ills. They caused their children to starve.

Now smokers are the same as the jews and the drinkers. Our identity has been soiled with propaganda and false research claiming smokers are poisoning and sickening the general population.

Where did you think it was all going to end? Did you think that smokers would just meekly surrender the bullying?

I am confident that the german people never imagined what the final solution to the jewish problem would be. I am equally confident that they would have been offended if anyone had suggested such a thing.

I could say the same for men who liked to have a beer after work. How many people died, how much violence, corruption was created.

You are offended - so what - face yourself in the mirror. You are part of the problem. You are not the one who is dying here. Its smokers who should be offended. Smokers who should be offended that there is a video game where the player gets to snipe smokers.

Yes - this is extremists in a violent country, who could probably think of a thousand reasons to kill but smoking has been a part of iranian culture for centuries. Until anti-smokers decided that they could create utopia. That it would be better if we were all the same!

What would you do to protect or speak up for smokers? Just like I thought - absolutely nothing but smile!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

And you very clearly support this

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The chairman of the Housing Authority in Newington, Connecticut has implemented a new no smoking policy for adult residents similar to those implemented in many college dormitories. Only difference is those impacted by the new rule aren't 18-year-old co-eds - in one case, it's a 90-year-old World War II veteran who has been told he and his 90-year-old wife who has severe Alzheimer's Disease are being evicted from the apartment where they've lived for 20 years because he has been busted smoking cigarettes on a breezeway rather than in a designated picnic area away from the building. Andy Nowicki, who won a Bronze Star and two Purple Hearts during the war, was a combat infantryman fighting the Nazis in Africa, Italy, France and Germany. The Army is where he picked up his smoking habit 70 years ago, as Uncle Sam provided soldiers with free cigarettes during the war. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I say its kinder to just kill smokers than to kick 90 year old veterans into the street to survive as best they can. But I am sure you wouldn't agree. Anti-smokers haven't got a human bone in their body~

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This thread is still going? Man, you are 42-pages-committed to cigarettes. It's like a Dennis Leary act in here.

More on-topic, I can say that my body instantly and undeniably rejects cigarette smoke. My nose runs, my eyes burn, and if I'm around it for extended periods of time, it makes me physically sick. It's like the worst seasonal allergy symptoms imaginable. The smell is a pain to clean out of fabric, cars, indoor rooms, etc. I'm so sensitive to the smell, I can smell someone smoking in the car 2 cars in front of me when both they and I are driving with windows closed. The more they restrict where they can be used, and the fewer people over time use them, the better.[
edit on 15-2-2015 by AshOnMyTomatoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

Don't worry- the final solution is on its way

Tired of control Freaks

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

I'm not replying to you anymore....anyone who uses ISIS to bolster their arguments in the way you did is too sick to warrant any replies.

edit on 15-2-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Tired of control Freaks
Ooh, that sounds scary and cryptic, like it will maybe prove your point in some vague threatening way.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

Tired of control Freaks
Ooh, that sounds scary and cryptic, like it will maybe prove your point in some vague threatening way.

Yeah..i know. LOL

Oh no!! Some crazy guy (who thinks that cig smoke is beneficial to babies still in the womb by the way..in case you didn't read all him ramblings) on a random internet forum is issuing threats...scary!

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I mean, is the crux of this whole long, pointless thread really that you live in an apartment, you're not allowed to smoke, and no one listens to your complaints about your neighbor's pad thai? If you're really "tired of control freaks," how bout taking some control over your life and moving into a house you own? Then you can coat your walls with nicotine to your plaque-coated heart's content, drastically decrease its resale value, and you'd have no one to answer to for it but yourself! It's a win for everyone.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Actually no -if you read this thread, Leonidis very clearly said that full on prohibition was on its way and getting rid of the last of the smokers was merely a "mopping up" operation.

Tired of Control Freaks

(post by TiredofControlFreaks removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join