It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Bans - Where will it end?

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
Since I am a drooling slave to nicotene, am I not entitled to the same considerations given to asthmatics?

I think you are entitled to the same rights, as there's no way to enforce "considerations".

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I wonder....when the anti-smokers were convincing everybody to hate and despise smokers.....did they forget to mention that there was this treaty with the WHO, who is closely alligned with BIG PHARMA (many WHO committees are infiltrated by Big Pharma people)

Some anti-smokers.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the people behind those decisions are smokers, but they know that they are immune to any decision they propose over other people.

Uh yeah - see we have this guidelines that all countries must follow that flu vaccines must be provided free of charge to the public by the government. oh and all the vaccines must be provided by Big Pharma

At the end of last year, contrary to what happens every year, health authorities in Portugal said that the flu season was now starting in force, as there wasn't any noticeable increase in flu cases as they were expecting. One month later they declared the "flu season" closed, without much difference, so I suppose we may see a new epidemic at the end of this year, to compensate the lower selling of flu vaccines.

You all are so blind with hatred of smokers that you cannot even see the trap you are falling into

The fact that we are on the opposite side of the "smoking situation" doesn't mean that I do not see it, that's what I have been saying about the way you write, as you have been playing more the "hatred card" than the "conspiracy card", something that can be understood by most people here.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the people behind those decisions are smokers, but they know that they are immune to any decision they propose over other people.
a reply to: ArMaP

great point anyone know weather or not the US congressional offices are still exempt from the smoking bans?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

So? That's a good thing. Smoke outdoors or in your car. I don't see a problem there. You are still allowed to smoke cigarettes so I don't care.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Having a disability and being legally disabled aren't always the same thing. Nice try though.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

so you have the right to socialize publically with your friends in a congenial environment.

I can smoke in my car or freeze in blizzard

Of course you don't care! Right back at ya - you have asthma and I don't care!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Oh well. Sucks to be you then. Good thing you can come back inside when you are done smoking. It's not like you are spending your whole night out there or anything.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I am not allowed in parks or outdoor festivals and concerts and there are town squares and outdoor markets I am not allowed in.
Tired of Control Freaks

Of course you're allowed in. What you mean is that you can't even stop smoking long enough to attend a non-smoking event you're interested in.

So you have to choose between not smoking or not seeing the concert.

For years non-smokers had to choose between breathing in other people's smoke all night or not seeing the concert.

Now you know how it feels.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Well I don't want to have asthma (I am sure it sucks to be you).. But I am sure you wont be offended if I fight back!

I am also sure that you will start singing the blues when they start breathalyzing you and your friends before you are allowed into any drinking establishment as part of the War on Alcohol. And when they start refusing to give you pop in your mixed drinks as part of the War on Obesity. And many of the other lovely things that they have planned.

Actually with the number of establishments that had to close because of the smoking bans, drinking and driving limits, insurance requirements, cheaper booze elsewhere, noise issues with the neighbours when smokers are outside, crime and violence and smokers are forced further away from the establishment, fines due to smoking etc etc. and in general the idea that when you go out for a drink you are being watched very very closely by the Nanny state... well it wouldn't surprise me if neighter of use have a place to drink in a few years.

And with the menu calorie labelling requirements, restrictions on portion sizes, bans on "unhealthy foods", bans for animal rights activists (free range animals only), perfume bans etc (the list is too long to write) as well as labour laws, employee rights laws, disability access laws, tax codes and employment insurance laws....we may all have to stay home anyway.

But we won't be able to light a wood stove, bbqs or fireplaces - thats on the list to be banned as well.

It wouldn't surprise if we all end up wearing black and white clothes and our free time consists of fulfilling government mandated exercise programs

I am so glad I am old - You have a splendid future ahead of you.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Well I don't want to have asthma (I am sure it sucks to be you).. But I am sure you wont be offended if I fight back!

Sure whatever. I don't believe your faux sympathy for me after the continual disrespect you've shown to people with asthma.

I am also sure that you will start singing the blues when they start breathalyzing you and your friends before you are allowed into any drinking establishment as part of the War on Alcohol. And when they start refusing to give you pop in your mixed drinks as part of the War on Obesity. And many of the other lovely things that they have planned.

*Yawn*. Slippery slope fallacies.

Actually with the number of establishments that had to close because of the smoking bans, drinking and driving limits, insurance requirements, cheaper booze elsewhere, noise issues with the neighbours when smokers are outside, crime and violence and smokers are forced further away from the establishment, fines due to smoking etc etc. and in general the idea that when you go out for a drink you are being watched very very closely by the Nanny state... well it wouldn't surprise me if neighter of use have a place to drink in a few years.

Nice try, but alcohol will NEVER be banned in America again. So again slippery slope fallacy.

And with the menu calorie labelling requirements, restrictions on portion sizes, bans on "unhealthy foods", bans for animal rights activists (free range animals only), perfume bans etc (the list is too long to write) as well as labour laws, employee rights laws, disability access laws, tax codes and employment insurance laws....we may all have to stay home anyway.

Oh a roll with these slippery slopes huh?

But we won't be able to light a wood stove, bbqs or fireplaces - thats on the list to be banned as well.

It wouldn't surprise if we all end up wearing black and white clothes and our free time consists of fulfilling government mandated exercise programs

I am so glad I am old - You have a splendid future ahead of you.

Tired of Control Freaks

Oh I WILL have a splendid future not worrying about any of these make believe issues. Have a splendid old age smoking outdoors every time you want to smoke. I know -I- will enjoy it when you do, especially in your case. These smoking laws were made for the selfish like you.
edit on 4-2-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Yup - never happen - just smokers trying to get you upset over nothing.

I guess you skipped over the part of my post where I showed articles in medical journals called for a Framework Convention on Alcohol Control?

Can't support the ultimate prohition on tobacco and fail to agree on prohition of Alcohol

Or the one about planning a Framework Convention on Obesity Control?

Framework conventions are not about a 'nice" approach either. its about the same demonization and social isolation.

And i guess you haven't been keeping up on the new about wood burning

www.deseretnews.com...

SALT LAKE CITY — Just as smoking cigarettes in an enclosed public place is harmful and no longer legal, a group of physicians said burning wood or coal in a fireplace or stove is a practice that has come and should go — especially in regions where Utah struggles with air quality. "It is long overdue that we consider putting wood smoke into the community airshed as inappropriate," said Dr. Brian Moench, president of Utah Physicians for a Healthy Environment.

Can hardly support smoking bans without supporting this one, can you?

Yup - just a fallacy - all a fallacy - don't look behind the curtain!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

oh sorry - and they are not planning to use breathalyzers in nightclubs and bars either.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Revellers will have to be breathalysed to get into nightclubs this weekend as part of a national campaign against binge drinking. The Association of Chief Police Officers (Acpo) is backing a new scheme which will see members of the public have to take a breath test before entering night-time venues in Loughborough this Friday and Saturday evening if they appear to be intoxicated. Anyone who gives a reading of more than twice the drink-drive limit will be refused entry by door staff, who have been trained by police to administer the checks using equipment normally used for roadside breath tests. The drink drive limit if 35 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath, meaning clubbers face being barred if they give a reading of 70 microgrammes or more. Police will also be out on the streets at violence hot spots where they will tackle binge drinking by issuing warnings to those heavily under the influence of alcohol, and asking the worst offenders to leave town centres.

Don't worry - this will never happen in America and Canada. And I am absolutely sure, beyond a shadow of doubt that they will only give tickets to the worst offenders and not just to anyone who had a couple of beer before going to the club. We can trust them - they are the police.

Yup - all just scare tactics from the smokers! - don't look behind the curtain.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

oh sorry - and they are not planning to use breathalyzers in nightclubs and bars either.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Revellers will have to be breathalysed to get into nightclubs this weekend as part of a national campaign against binge drinking. The Association of Chief Police Officers (Acpo) is backing a new scheme which will see members of the public have to take a breath test before entering night-time venues in Loughborough this Friday and Saturday evening if they appear to be intoxicated. Anyone who gives a reading of more than twice the drink-drive limit will be refused entry by door staff, who have been trained by police to administer the checks using equipment normally used for roadside breath tests. The drink drive limit if 35 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath, meaning clubbers face being barred if they give a reading of 70 microgrammes or more. Police will also be out on the streets at violence hot spots where they will tackle binge drinking by issuing warnings to those heavily under the influence of alcohol, and asking the worst offenders to leave town centres.

Don't worry - this will never happen in America and Canada. And I am absolutely sure, beyond a shadow of doubt that they will only give tickets to the worst offenders and not just to anyone who had a couple of beer before going to the club. We can trust them - they are the police.

Yup - all just scare tactics from the smokers! - don't look behind the curtain.

Tired of Control Freaks

Apparently its called "Preloading" Its when the cost of nightclub drinks is high, they quaff down a load before going in.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

There is a BIG difference than sitting next to an air freshener and sitting in a bar that has a giant cloud of stale cigarette smoke in it.

You don't HAVE to smoke.

To the first bit: Not to me. I don't get asthma in a smoky environment but I had a very [I mean VERY] bad reaction to an air freshener only recently. I am sure there are others just like me. Anyway, what does that have to do with asking for a place for smokers where they can do what they like without being puked on by self righteous non-smokers?

To the second bit: You don't HAVE to do anything much in life, but sometimes you WANT to do certain thing because it gives you pleasure. You don't HAVE to use air-freshener or perfume [both able to cause a non-smoking asthmatic to have an attack]. And I won't ever ask people to stop anything, because I am not a vindictive spoil-sport. Each to their own I say.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

There is a BIG difference than sitting next to an air freshener and sitting in a bar that has a giant cloud of stale cigarette smoke in it.

You don't HAVE to smoke.

To the first bit: Not to me. I don't get asthma in a smoky environment but I had a very [I mean VERY] bad reaction to an air freshener only recently. I am sure there are others just like me. Anyway, what does that have to do with asking for a place for smokers where they can do what they like without being puked on by self righteous non-smokers?

They have a place to smoke. Outside.

To the second bit: You don't HAVE to do anything much in life, but sometimes you WANT to do certain thing because it gives you pleasure. You don't HAVE to use air-freshener or perfume [both able to cause a non-smoking asthmatic to have an attack]. And I won't ever ask people to stop anything, because I am not a vindictive spoil-sport. Each to their own I say.

I don't ask people to stop anything either, but it is polite not to let your decisions infringe on the health of someone else.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Its equally impolite to use your health issues to impose upon others and deny them a place to publically socialize. Its downright dangerous to deny a human being shelter from the elements

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

You think people with health issues impose said issues upon you.

Oh my lol.

Just lol.
edit on 5-2-2015 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Nobody is denying shelter or a place to social to anyone. You are still allowed to socialize and you are still allowed to seek shelter from the elements as a smoker. You JUST aren't allowed to smoke indoors. You make it sound like just because you are a smoker, you aren't allowed indoors or something. Dealing with your obfuscations and hyperbole is really tedious.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

And you try to make its sound as though socializing while having to leave and go outside every 20 minutes or half an hour is a pleasant way to spend the evening.

Lets see: leave establishment to have a cigarette. Because of coat check policy, I have to go outside without a coat. Because of changes to the Smoke Free Ontario Act, I can't smoke on the patio, I must walk at least 25 feet away. Its raining, my make-up is running, my party clothes are getting wet. Finish cigarette. Go back to bar. Wait in line to get in. Even though I have already paid the $5.00 entry fee, I must pay it again. Return to party. My seat has been taken by someone else. I have lost the thread of the conversation. Try to order another drink but can't find waitress.

Repeat

Yup - that's entertainment!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Lets see: leave establishment to have a cigarette. Because of coat check policy, I have to go outside without a coat. Because of changes to the Smoke Free Ontario Act, I can't smoke on the patio, I must walk at least 25 feet away. Its raining, my make-up is running, my party clothes are getting wet. Finish cigarette. Go back to bar. Wait in line to get in. Even though I have already paid the $5.00 entry fee, I must pay it again. Return to party. My seat has been taken by someone else. I have lost the thread of the conversation. Try to order another drink but can't find waitress.

Repeat

Yup - that's entertainment!

You do have a choice, some people do not.

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join