It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Bans - Where will it end?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

I think everyone should take the time to google the words "fed up with Nanny State"

The rise of UKIP from a fringe party to predicted to form the third party after the general election is a phenomenon that happened right across Europe

Polititions on this side of the ocean are taking note.

Far from being a success the goal of Tobacco Prohibition will ultimately signal the end for the Liberal Philosphy of "I know how to run your life better than you do" and there is only 1 proper way to "think, act, feel or live" has finally got the attention of the common man.

I have been alarmed about the tactics of anti-smokers for more than a decade and knew that the tactics would spread to other areas of our personal lives.

The public allowed anti-smokers to have their way because they seriously believed that it was about health and common courtesy. They believed the "all we want" line and all the whining from the asthma divas and truthfully, the issue didn't really affect them so they paid no attention.

But now the tactics have spread and people are deeply alarmed.

The heros who will save us from government over-reach have arrived and are announcing their arrival.

I give it less then 5 years for it to all melt away like ice-cream

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

What a crazy, paranoid, delusional world you live in.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You don't think UKIP isn't all about "MONEY, MONEY, MONEY" too?

Why don't you look into who is financing them.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

Cause i am far more interested in who is financing YOU!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I am, with pizza parties. Lots and lots of pizza parties.

Moo hahahahaha.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Control freaks?

So I want to live healthily, but I have asthma and smoke can trigger/impact it. I don't think people should be able to smoke anywhere that's remotely public. I don't want to breathe that in for serious reasons, nor do I think anyone that even slightly dislikes that smell or air quality change should be subject to it because you believe yourself to be more important than them.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

good think what you want - hope what you want but you don't own the world.

Now I am going to do what smokers should have done decades - Stuff it. You have a disease, I didn't cause the disease, if tobacco were eradicated tomorrow, you would still have the disease.

I refuse to live as though I have your disease.

I am amazed at the number of non-smokers who have respiratory disorders with an incident rate that is still climbing. Why don't you strengthen both your respiratory system and your immune system. Have a smoke and be as healthy as a smoker!

Tired of Control Freask

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

We have seen the like of this anti-smoking campaign before....it didn't work then either.

www.waxahachietx.com...

Little columns - little sounds building together into a cresendo!! we never would have seen a column in a public newspaper like this 20 years ago

If government is as concerned with our health, as it would have you believe, then perhaps if you disagree your beliefs and political opinions are a mental health issue. Could the banning of free speech that is offensive to others be in the future? Oh, well, that’s already happening many places, including Canada, colleges and universities, isn’t it? We mustn’t offend others should we? God forbid! I hope you can see where all this is heading. How long before the infringement of our rights will take on some new and frightening aspects of an unbelievably intrusive nature? Let’s face it. We live in an obsessed world occupied by people who dare not venture forward for fear there might be a law against it, or might upset or offend someone, or it might be bad for their health. Just for the record, I’m a non-smoker and haven’t smoked in over 35 years. But I should have the right to do so if I’m so inclined and be able to do it in a business that is willing to allow it if they so choose. I know a lot of people reading this will probably be offended because they have lost loved ones as a result of smoking. I’m not trying to say smoking is OK or healthy, but the risk of government over-regulation of our lives is even more risky. And regulation of personal habits often leads to dictatorship.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Or this public event, just a month or so ago

www.cambridgeday.com...

Smokers sway council toward Option B, gentler restrictions on public tobacco use

“In the past 10 or 15 years we’re getting our rights slowly but surely chiseled away. Precedents are constantly being set in new areas to get the wedge in, with federal, state and local governments all involved [based] on some flimsy study on secondhand smoke years ago. They started going into private businesses, bars and restaurants,” said Paul Parrotta, of Harvey Street. “In Cambridge a couple of years ago they started in the apartments. Secondhand smoke is supposedly going through the walls, molecules making people sick, whatever. Now it’s in parks? And outdoor places? How far-fetched is this pretext going to go? Just how far can you stretch that one?” Speaker Emily Weija, of Charlestown, agreed, saying she was “fed up” with lies and misconceptions about secondhand smoke and quoted a medical journal that said the estimated risks were “close to zero” without an unrealistic degree of exposure to “supposedly toxic” ingredients.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

You sir, are very rude. Not because we don't agree with each other, but because you literally insist on cramming your opinion ( your smoke ) down my throat. It's not up to everyone else to do everything in their power to breathe better - It sounds like you'd prefer people stop driving cars, stop running coal plants, stop polluting in every way possible before you should stop your poisonous habit in public areas.

You're the type of person you say you don't want to be. Forcing your opinion on others no matter the cost, no matter the detriment to others, thinking you have a right to do something that impacts others in a negative way and everyone else should do everything they can to make sure you're happy. Smoking is not the norm - It's not the natural, it's not something you HAVE to do. Breathing is something we all NEED to do, preferably not breathing in toxic fumes blown onto us by extremely rude people

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

And you are the type for force others to live as you want them to live.

I think that's rude - so I guess we are about the same!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

False. I want them to not smoke at all because it's bad, and I care about a persons health. I'm not going to vote for legislation on banning smoking, though.

There's a reason you cannot yell " Bomb! " while riding a plane. There's a reason why prank-calling the cops is illegal.

There's a DAMN GOOD reason I don't want you to trigger an asthma attack in infants and children. I'm not saying you should live a certain way, I'm saying I care about the way you impact others. You're damn near sociopath if you don't care about a kids breathing problems.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

FALSE = you have absolutely no interest in anybody's health - this movement has always been about POWER CONTROL AND MONEY

You claim to be "concerned for the children" - this has always been the battle cry of scoundrels

In the 50s, 60s, 70, and 80s, anti-smokers claimed that smoking was the CAUSE of asthma.

And the rate of asthma continued to rise through all of those decades. As the rate of asthma rose, it became incredibly clear that tobacco smoke was not the cause! Anti-smokers were forced to give it up and finally admit in the 90s that tobacco smoke was NOT the cause.

But boy - they sure weren't willing to give up that astha card. The battle cry became "tobacco smoke CAUSES astha attacks" Oh "won't someone think of the children?

We are now in the mid-2010s - Nothing has changed. In the very heart of anti-smoking territory, in the state with the most comprehensive smoking bans - where 95 % of children are no longer exposed to any tobacco smoke whatsoever - do we find that asthma rates are finally reducing and children/adult asthmatics are finally "saved".

discovermagazine.com...

“In the past 10 years, I’ve had to put more kids on steroids than ever before, which terrifies me,” said Kevin Hamilton, a respiratory therapist and administrator for Clinica Sierra Vista, a string of medical centers throughout the Central Valley that cares for about 50,000 low-income youngsters every year. “It can be overwhelming with patients in every room on inhalers and nebulizers” — the heavy artillery of an asthmatic’s medicinal arsenal. “These kids never get well, and now we have a generation who are permanently damaged by their constant exposure to pollution,” Hamilton, a burly, bearded man in his late 50s, sighed in frustration when we met in his cramped office at the clinic. “The effects are not transient. If they get pneumonia, they’re more prone to end up in the hospital. They can’t participate in athletics, and when they get older, they’re more likely to have heart disease because their bodies can’t generate enough oxygen. They get sicker faster, and die younger.”

Gosh - my whole life, anti-smokers used ASTHMA ALLERGIES AND PREMATURE DEATHS to justify their campaigns of hatred, intolerence, discrimination, and harrassment against smokers. They told us that ONLY tobacco CAUSED these things.

I guess they lied lied lied and continued to lie - even after the truth was known!

In the meantime:

When it comes to atopy (allergies) and children's exposure to second-hand smoke:

Nicotine Primarily Suppresses Lung Th2 but Not Goblet Cell and Muscle Cell Responses to Allergens1
www.jimmunol.org...

These results suggest that nicotine modulates allergy/asthma primarily by suppressing eosinophil trafficking and suppressing Th2 cytokine/chemokine responses without reducing goblet cell metaplasia or mucous production and may explain the lower risk of allergic diseases in smokers. To our knowledge this is the first direct evidence that nicotine modulates allergic responses.

Hard biological evidence that exposure to nicotene modulates allergies

And when it comes to asthma and children exposed to tobacco smoke

“Children of mothers who smoked at least 15 cigarettes a day tended to have lower odds for suffering from allergic rhino-conjunctivitis, allergic asthma, atopic eczema and food allergy, compared to children of mothers who had never smoked (ORs 0.6-0.7) CONCLUSIONS: This study demonstrates an association between current exposure to tobacco smoke and a low risk for atopic disorders in smokers themselves and a similar tendency in their children. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...…pubmed/ 11422156

If you really cared about children, you would not turn them into lifetime psycological and physical cripples. You would release headline news advising parents to make their kids hang around smokers!

We would return to the recognised and effective historical treatment of asthma with smoke.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

“Divine Stramonium”: The Rise and Fall of Smoking for Asthma

When I told an asthmatic to try to smoke a cigarette, I wasn't being rude. I was being kind and advising him that many many asthmatics smoke lightly and are convinced that 1 or 2 cigarettes a day are as effective as Big Pharma drugs. Further, smoking 1 or 2 cigarettes per day have NEVER been linked with any adverse health impacts

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

False. I want them to not smoke at all because it's bad, and I care about a persons health. I'm not going to vote for legislation on banning smoking, though.

There's a reason you cannot yell " Bomb! " while riding a plane. There's a reason why prank-calling the cops is illegal.

There's a DAMN GOOD reason I don't want you to trigger an asthma attack in infants and children. I'm not saying you should live a certain way, I'm saying I care about the way you impact others. You're damn near sociopath if you don't care about a kids breathing problems.

This one says it all, just the facts, organised by a real statistician. Using the Governments statistics. it mentions the real causes of premature deaths, towards the end. www.sott.net...
edit on 29-1-2015 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2015 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Which really makes the asthma-divas cry of "oh I can smell smoke, its affecting my HEALTH" overly dramatic and absurd!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

In the end, there's a huge amount of people that don't want to smell the offensive smell that is smoke. Let's say smoking never hurt one person ever... Who cares? Let's chalk it up to you being the jerk that wants to blow this stuff in my face, and me being the jerk that insists you don't. There's no convincing you that big companiesfabricate stories to benefit themselves, yet every anti smoking story is surely false. So instead I'll just say we're both human because everyone is entitled to an opinion, and to vote accordingly.

edit on 29-1-2015 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

Which really makes the asthma-divas cry of "oh I can smell smoke, its affecting my HEALTH" overly dramatic and absurd!

Tired of Control Freaks

The hard facts seem to stack up that the anti smoking lobby have caused more death and disease, and should never have got going in the first place. As they have not only obscured the real causes of disease for two decades. But have acted as a disinformation agent, and let the real culprits peddle their wares with no concerns,

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Why don't you strengthen both your respiratory system and your immune system. Have a smoke and be as healthy as a smoker!

That's one of the most stupid things you wrote in this thread.

Having a smoke can kill someone that has asthma, it doesn't "strengthens the respiratory system".

That type of ignorance is the most dangerous, it's the type of ignorance that turns a common person into someone that doesn't mind that other people die or live a much worse life than they could.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

What a crazy, paranoid, delusional world you live in.

no, you live there. we oppose it.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Why don't you strengthen both your respiratory system and your immune system. Have a smoke and be as healthy as a smoker!

That's one of the most stupid things you wrote in this thread.

Having a smoke can kill someone that has asthma, it doesn't "strengthens the respiratory system".

That type of ignorance is the most dangerous, it's the type of ignorance that turns a common person into someone that doesn't mind that other people die or live a much worse life than they could.

He was being humorous, you know what laughter is?

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join