It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Bans - Where will it end?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

To all:

If the smoking ban in multi-residential units is passed in Ontario

This will be the only place where 2.5 million smokers can smoke

search.tb.ask.com...^AW6^xdm005^YYA^ca&qid=6d47f930397a440 6a49fe19c468539de&n=780ce909&ss=sub&pn=1&st=sb&ptb=D5A19EBA-DD12-4BBA-AA67-990F2A335BC3&tpr=&si=CMWB2rizicICFcZcMgodt1wAKQ

Take a very close look. This isn't every a humane or reasonable request.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
As I read this, I am sitting in my living room, smoking a cigar and LMAO at all the scared little people, who can't stand anyone living their own life, without them being able to have a say so in it.
Puff. Puff. Puff.

You stink too.

Gross.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

This anti-smokers are all like children. They can't defend their actions so they resort to childish insults.

As if all non-smokers float through their lives without actually touching any dirt, having bo, farting or anything.

They are all perfect people

And that is why I smell cat pee in my apartment from my one neighbour and a horrible strong smell of curry from the other.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Here in Chicago there are already a lot of "no smoking" apartments and condos.
A few years ago the city told all the bars and restaurants they had to instal large, expensive air filters for their smoking sections, then retracted that with the flat out "not in any business" total ban. Hookah bars and tobacco shops excluded.

It's crazy how paranoid people are. Waiting for a bus, a lady stepped away from my smoke - into a giant cloud of exhaust coming out of an old pickup sitting at the light. That's why that one commercial says "My doctor said I probably got lung cancer from 2nd hand smoke." Yea that or sitting in your SUV in the garage on the phone? Your 4 hour commute every day? Riding your bike behind a bus maybe? There's more than one way to get lung cancer.

And the commercials out now that try to tell me how many chemicals I inhale with every cigarette are a flat out lie, because I smoke organic tobacco with no additives. Most peoples' lunch will cause them way more health problems than my cigarette so enough already.
Sometimes I just smoke sage, and you know what? Non-smokers still give me nasty looks. Because they are sooo smart and know sooo much about it. GTFOH with that crap.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

I don't smoke myself, but what really cracks me up is the amount of VOC's that come from carpeting, adhesives, plastics, inside automobile plastics/interior, and basically anything synthetic or plastic.

(VOC) Stands for Volatile Organic Compound

en.wikipedia.org...

I wonder what they are going to ban next?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

maybe they should ban new cars next

The most notorious of the toxins found by air-quality researchers include phthalates, polyvinyl chloride (PVC), heavy metals, benzene, methylbenzene (toluene), bromine, and formaldehyde.

www.alternet.org...

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

It looks like sugar (the obesity campaign) is beating out the anti-alcohol in the race to be the "next tobacco" but there are billions of dollars at stake either way.

I follow all of these so-called "public health" issues pretty closely

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Is it time for non-smokers to stand up and help defend the rights of a hated minority? Or will you all fall under the hammer with us?

Oh their too busy trying to legalize that other plant that cause's smoke, and criminalize tobacco here.

Oh they will be under the hammer because those same laws effect that 'medicinal' herb.
edit on 26-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I agree - being indoors is unhealthy as hell!

From experience I can truly say I sincerely hope they ban dryer sheets or plug-in air fresheners next. LoL!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: Seamrog

This anti-smokers are all like children. They can't defend their actions so they resort to childish insults.

This is amusing - you carry an attitude of "I want to do what I want to do and everybody else can shove it," and call others childish when they point out the disgusting habits of smokers.

Imposing your filthy habit on other people is the epitome of a self-centered, childish behavior.

Impose it on your children who have no recourse and nowhere else to go, and you have a self obsession that crosses the line into darkness.

Smokers stink, their breath stinks, their cars stink, their homes stink and they habitually litter everywhere they go.

These are facts - they 15 pages of you ranting are the supreme example of childish self absorption.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Today, it's tobacco. Tomorrow it's sugar or peanuts or anything else someone can claim they are sensitive to that others are not and that they would prefer those others not enjoy in their presence for whatever reason.

Actually, peanuts and sugar are already being banned.

How far will we go banning substances to attempt to make the world safe for everyone?

I never saw anyone forcing other people to eat sugar or peanuts.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
When will they stop?
When every last smoker is locked up or dead. And yeah, it ain't about health. It's about behavior control. If it weren't the non-smokers wouldn't be walking through the "designated smoking area" and ranting about inconsiderate smokers.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Knowing a bit about air quality and pollution control, I can't help but agree with you. I personally have about 6 jars of pure white vinegar around my apartment as a natural air freshener.

About 10 year ago, I invested in an IQ Air Pro - its an automatic air cleaner that combines hepa filtration and combination filters of carbon and green sand.

It was expensive at $1400 and another approximately $500.00 per year but I really love it.

The only cleaning products I use are plain old vinegar, household ammonia and occasionly a mixture of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide to scrub stains and clean my stove.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
What cracks me up is the ban in bars.
It's a BAR. Alcohol kills people too.
Granted, only about 1/5th as much as tobacco per year, a little less than traffic deaths.
(Keeping in mind that you have to be 21 to drink, only 18 to smoke, and 16 to drive, in most states.)

But sorry, it's just really hard for me to take health advice from someone with a Miller in one hand and car keys in the other.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

The thing is, sure it may kill 1/5 less directly...

But alcohol consumption leads to fatty liver, poor diet, hypertension...and heart disease is one of the top killers in the country.

I don't get why alcohol isn't treated like cigarettes and vice versa. It seems really backwards to me.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Gotta love the Irony on that one. lol

originally posted by: KAOStheory
What cracks me up is the ban in bars.
It's a BAR. Alcohol kills people too.
Granted, only about 1/5th as much as tobacco per year, a little less than traffic deaths.
(Keeping in mind that you have to be 21 to drink, only 18 to smoke, and 16 to drive, in most states.)

But sorry, it's just really hard for me to take health advice from someone with a Miller in one hand and car keys in the other.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I've lost more people I know to alcoholism than anything else I can think of, well maybe except for natural causes.

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

But alcohol consumption leads to fatty liver, poor diet, hypertension...and heart disease is one of the top killers in the country.

I don't get why alcohol isn't treated like cigarettes and vice versa. It seems really backwards to me.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I am sure if our government could make dying illegal.

It would.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Good point. I don't know anyone who has died of lung cancer, but I know many who were killed in drunk driving accidents, and many more I just can't be friends with because they can't get sober.

Also, the CDC never has accurate numbers. I used to work in a place where we did surveys for the CDC on PTSD and children's vaccinations, I did the data entry, and by "did" I mean entered as much as I could, because much was incomplete or contradictory. The data collected there was anything but accurate.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I can't even respond to that as the irony is so debilitating - it may break the internet.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join