It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Bans - Where will it end?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:
(post by grainofsand removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy sorry if I am missing your point but are you saying being gay is a choice?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DuecesxGeneral

MY mother smoked - my father smoke - they had 5 children, we are all alive.

I have 3 children and 4 grandchilden - they are all alive.

There is a little difference between murder and a slightly increased risk of disease, you know!

So if you give someone a ride on a motorcycle with a significant risk of injury - are you committing attempted murder?
Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DuecesxGeneral
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

as a smoker i agree and may The God forbid im still smoking when i have kids? Whats the point in having them when your literally killing them slowly. is it so bad to smoke outside. Second just because you "own" your house doesnt give you the right to kill your kids.

What! who said you were killing the kids. If you believe that have I've really got a deal for you.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

What punishment? I am cool with whatever opinion you express. I suppose you feel the same way about people who own pets when they know their neighbour is allergic?

Tired of control Freaks

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

And for the second time - I repeat - read the post - I am speaking about the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. A document that every politican at every level swears to uphold when he takes his oath of office.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I'm cool with the punishment from ATS:
You are a whinging twat OP, if your smoking is able to be detected by your neighbours nose then it is an issue I can understand, and as a smoker myself I hold some respect for any neighbours who raise their concerns.
"Tired of control freaks" hahaha, just victim centred mindset as far as I see it, prick.

The victim mentality is well ingrained, and sometimes used as a financial ploy. No doubt some will sue their parents of their hard earned wealth, because lets face it at the end of the day they destroyed their health by their dirty habits and now must pay, for a lifetime of recuperation..

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I don't give a toss about anything my neighbours do if it doesn't harm me.
I could make a few thousand every 6 weeks or so if I grew pot in my house but I don't because I know the neighbours would hate the smell, and probably know it was me.
If some folk in a leasehold property don't want to smell my smoke then I'll live elsewhere as that remains an option for me to do so. Your "tired of control freaks" mantra makes you appear as classic victim mentality.
You can bitch as much as you like but if your neighbour is affected by your smoke then you have little defence.
I am a smoker.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I hate to sound rude but how does this relate in anyway to the topic. How are you as a smoker being discriminated against?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
As I read this, I am sitting in my living room, smoking a cigar and LMAO at all the scared little people, who can't stand anyone living their own life, without them being able to have a say so in it.
Puff. Puff. Puff.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm a bit torn by this subject. I feel like property owners should have the choice or not, but at the same time, is it REALLY all that tough to go outside and smoke for a few minutes? Obviously the addiction is too bad to where you can't wait a couple hours until you leave the bar to smoke, so nobody would ever ask you not to smoke, just step outside for a few minutes.

I think if each property owner was allowed to decide at this point that there would be 1 or 2 places that allow smoking in each area, but the majority would be non-smoking. Non-smokers far outnumber smokers so if non-smokers didn't go to places that allow smoking then there wouldn't be that many around.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

You do understand that we are discussing a smoking ban, enforced by the law, that would cover every apartment and every condo in an entire province of 13.5 million people

Are you seriously going to try to convince me that in all those buildings and in all those condos, there is not a single apartment where a smoker will live without unduly annoying the neighbours. That there is no possible compromise, no solution that a total ban for a population of 13. 5 million people

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

you cant compare the two and second you cant compare your life to someone else whos actually going through it and second, and God forbid you have it. People don't realize that this gunk is bad, it usually activates when under stress and it should be banned in every country. As an American we should follow in their footsteps.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Pimpish
You do understand that this ban is being proposed in Ontario Canada where the average winter temperature is minus 17 below zero and often zips down to minus 50

Further, you understand that no where in this province are smokers allowed any shelter from the elements that exceeds only 2 walls and a roof?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

no i don't know anything about you i'm just making a point, sorry if i came off aggressive

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DuecesxGeneral

of course I can compare the two - People have asthma and a frequent trigger is pet dander. For anyone who lives in an apartment or condo - they must ride the elevator with people who have pet dander on their clothes, they must walk hallways where pet dander is present and if my cigarette smoke can ride the air currents from my apartment to their apartment - then, by God, so can pet dander.

But no one talks about banning pets. Owning a pet is choice. Its not necessary to live.

So tell me exactly what the difference is between smoke and pet dander?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Pimpish

That has already happened. There are now existing a very large housing stock of apartments and condos where smoking is banned in private homes. The ban I am discussing is to make ALL apartments and condos non-smoking under penalty of law

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
yeah, ur just bitching man, good luck with that.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I'm going to sum everything up so people can stop arguing, and know exactly why "Smoking Bans" are getting surreal.

Insurance companies/lobbyists are pushing for them more and more. Saves them lots and lots of money short term and long term. It all comes down to money folks, Large corporations don't give a squat about what you think only the bottom line.

Profits.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
yeah, and only you are crying about it lol

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join