It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inconsiderate People Abound

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
People can be jerk's and today it's the ladies.

Im waiting in a rather long line at Donkin Donuts and just as It almost my turn some lady jumps right in front of next to her friend. I though initially they where together but they ordered seperately. I refrained from giving her the "that was rude" comment but I thought what an idiot. Later in the day Im walking on the sidewalk along the beach and Im all the way to the right side and these two older ladies are coming towards me. As they get closer I notice the one is basically on a line to walk right into me. I stop and she just about walks into me. I said "excuse you lady you don't own the sidewalk" I mean seriously who are these idiots? Ok I'm done venting.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
People can be jerk's and today it's the ladies.

Im waiting in a rather long line at Donkin Donuts and just as It almost my turn some lady jumps right in front of next to her friend. I though initially they where together but they ordered seperately. I refrained from giving her the "that was rude" comment but I thought what an idiot. Later in the day Im walking on the sidewalk along the beach and Im all the way to the right side and these two older ladies are coming towards me. As they get closer I notice the one is basically on a line to walk right into me. I stop and she just about walks into me. I said "excuse you lady you don't own the sidewalk" I mean seriously who are these idiots? Ok I'm done venting.

If this is all you have to 'vent' about, consider yourself fortunate and thank these ladies for letting you practice patience.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

I hear you some people make you want to scream. Most of the time I try to use the "kill them with kindness" rule. By doing so I like to think it occurs to them how rude they are acting.

take care.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Many people live within a kind of experience shell. To them the outside world outside that shell do not exist in a personal way to them. The experience of simulated reality (TV/Games) is the causal link to this phenomena. These reality deprived creatures are not fully present in the situation. The lack of compassion they present is due to the disconnected nature of their attention. They are rude because they are not fully present in the attention space that you occupy. That is my observation as best that I can communicate it.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
You know some of the inconsiderate behavior you're talking about can be attributed to the age of the person. Some middle aged and elderly people lose their senses as they get older. Their eye sight gets bad, and they sometimes are not aware of their surroundings like young people. Sometimes their hearing is compromised and their sense of smell has diminished. You need to take this into consideration before being rude and inconsiderate yourself. Someday, you will grow old and lose some of your senses as you age.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I totally see your perspective on this and in these scenarios the people that caused these annoyances were in the wrong/too ignorant and lost in la la land to realize their faults. I have made stupid mistakes I later regret because I was lost in thought. Sometimes, minor annoyances like the ones you experienced are better left shrugged off. Sometimes when you are angry over something, its like holding hot coals, you are the one getting burned.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I never consider the feelings of others because I cannot feel and do not know what feeling is like because I am an android and that is all.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It balances out with the polite people in the long run. We all run into rude people but there are the times when someone smiles and makes a friendly remark that make up for it.

Try to emit some positivity and go out of the way to smile at people you meet and say a kind word. That's the best way to combat negativity and rude people.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
Many people live within a kind of experience shell. To them the outside world outside that shell do not exist in a personal way to them. The experience of simulated reality (TV/Games) is the causal link to this phenomena. These reality deprived creatures are not fully present in the situation. The lack of compassion they present is due to the disconnected nature of their attention. They are rude because they are not fully present in the attention space that you occupy. That is my observation as best that I can communicate it.

Or perhaps it's the 'experience shell' causing the trouble is not the 'other people's' but the OPs.

Perhaps "they appear rude because the OP is not fully present in the attention space that the others occupy"

Neither is right or wrong - Both ARE.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe
It balances out with the polite people in the long run. We all run into rude people but there are the times when someone smiles and makes a friendly remark that make up for it.

Try to emit some positivity and go out of the way to smile at people you meet and say a kind word. That's the best way to combat negativity and rude people.

Not rude people, rude acts. I'm sure we've all been perceived as rude on occassion.

new topics

top topics

join