It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stat-checking; how many firearms do you own?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac
The number of firearms is as follows :
Me : 0
Sister : 0
Father + partner : 0
Mother : 0
Cousin : 0
Best friend 0 :
Best friends brother : 0
Best freinds mum + dad : 0
Next door down street : 0
Next door up street : 0
Neighbour 1 across street : 0
Neighbour 2 across street : 0
Ex wife : 0
Son in aberdeen : 0
Son (ex army ) in belgium : 0
Work Collegue 1 : 0
Work collegue 2 : 0
Work collegue 3 : 0
: : : :
Work collegue 32 : 0 (I know this due to laugh in pub about US obsession with big penises sorry guns)

I think you get the drift. Nobody fears for their life. Nobody desires a gun. Nobody needs a gun. The police are armed with a big stick and a taser.....and you can talk to them !!!!!
edit on 25/1/2015 by yorkshirelad because: spelling

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
6,I'll prob get a couple more..

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
Best friend 0 :
Work collegue 32 : 0 (I know this due to laugh in pub about US obsession with big penises sorry guns)

I think you get the drift. Nobody fears for their life. Nobody desires a gun. Nobody needs a gun. The police are armed with a big stick and a taser.....and you can talk to them !!!!!

Its amazing how many realities exist in this world. Where besides the US is concealed carry not openly frowned on?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I have 4 in my house of 3 people.

I don't know anyone that doesn't have at least 1. All are legally owned as well.

I do have one buddy with close to 40. He is a bit of an enthusiast.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I don't own any. But, I live in a rural area of NY state where the cops take forever to show up and 90% of the people own guns.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It certainly stands to reason that someone who for what ever reason doesn't own any guns would own zero guns.

Also seems logical that a gun owner would have multiple units. As most gun owners realize that to fullfill the job description, guns can be rather job specific.

Gotta have a shotgun for skeet shooting, another for home defense. A large rifle for hunting large game, and a small one for bunnies.

A handgun for carry use, another for competition target shoots.

Plus when you add in a few collect able historical models, one owner could own quite a few. And most do really. And it's no big deal at all

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Wow, thanks for all the replies so far!

I'd just like to clarify that I'm not necessarily looking for information on how many guns specific ATS users have- more a general understanding of what percentage of people in this country are actually armed.

hope nobody was offended by my asking!

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I own a few, and hope to add a few more when finances allow for it. Almost everyone in my immediate family owns more than one. Most of the people i know at work owns at least one.

I think it really depends on where you live. Here in rural KY almost everyone has one, but those are almost all hunting rifles. Go to a city where you have far less hunters, you'll likely find much fewer gun owners.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

My friend is constantly telling me to get something, I just can't afford a nice handgun, license, & carry strap atm

Apparently Big 5 has $200 shotguns. Pretty cheap actually.

ya ive seen some nice coach double barrel shotguns for about 200....just enough for someone who isnt that much into guns but wants one in the house....every now and then you see some pistols for that price but they are crap. Im personally not a fan of shotguns but something like that coach one would be durable

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I live in semi rural Alabama. The only people i know that don't own at least one don't because they are legally unable to. As said earlier most hunters have a shotgun, small calibre rifle, and larger caliber rifle for specific game. Even the local sheriff recommends people be able to defend themselves, and he's a Democrat.

I work in a job where i often check IDs in order to access account information. I see lots of concealed carry permits underneath drivers licenses as customers pull out their ID. All demographics too white, black, male, female, young, and old.

Personally i think every home should have a pistol or shotgun for every adult in the house,plus whatever calibers you need to put food on the table, and then a rifle with multiple high capacity magazines of a common caliber with your friends or family in case of invasion or need to address tyranny.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
All of mine were lost....or stolen...or something.
There's no way I'm posting how many weapons I have on an open forum.
edit on 25-1-2015 by DAVID64 because: typo

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
a reply to: Bedlam
That was not very smart, just saying! You might want to bug out now lol.

It's too late. I've got an explosives license and a number of things that are registered as "infernal devices" or some such. Plus I get re-investigated regularly on an official basis (and at least a couple of times They've® let themselves in for a peek). Uncle Sugar's pretty sure what I got, hell, they've probably got a more up to date list than I do.

eta: In my case, there's actually an almost reasonable explanation...almost...

I used to shoot shotgun competitively. There's a pile of various shotties in there, depending on the course and how I was feeling that day.

I used to shoot pistol competitively SASS and IDPA. And teach point-shoot in the IDPA. So I have a WAD of pistols. TC Contenders down to cowboy action.

I used to shoot long distance competition, and I have everything from M14's to Barrett 50's for that.

I also used to hunt a lot. So there's a set of stuff all by itself.

I haven't gone to a shoot for over 10 years now, so I keep it all clean, but I don't get it out a lot. What I'd really like is to have the time to resume competitive shotgun, and I might actually manage it.
edit on 25-1-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

I don't really think anyone here, with any sense, will list how many weapons they own. They might say they do own a gun(s), but that's about it. No one should EVER declare how many firearms they own.

Yeah.
I don't own any firearms.
I don't even know anyone that does.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I can honestly say that I have none. I have no need.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
Best friend 0 :

edit on 25-1-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

3...a 45, a 9mm...a 22magnum derringer...and maybe a couple others

I daily carry concealed

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Since the RCMP were given the legislation to seize firearms on the flimsiest of pretext...I personally do not have any......
Before they took em all...I think I had about forty hand guns and perhaps another twenty + long guns......I did compete, and worked as a range officer as well......all these guns had to be registered as well......
There are a lot of husbands of disgruntled vindictive women who have lost their guns to the RCMP ever since this legislation passed......under the guise of keeping women safe, gun confiscation proceeds apace in Canada..........
regards acquaintances...usally gun owners I know sport at least one rifle, a shotgun, and a twnty two......\not many hand gunners left due to ever stricter restrictions...though still legally available.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
on average, everyone owns about 2.4 guns each.

So they also have 2.4 children maybe? another comedian.
The only firearm I have is the one I was born with, while also having unlimited ammo, however the safety has jammed on.

edit on 25-1-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Sorry about that Smurfy...they say you have to oil them and work the action regularly to keep em shooting....

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join