It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is "White Privilege?"

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Just another made up term by the party that shall remain nameless to call people racist.

Because they can't argue with facts.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Just another made up term by the party that shall remain nameless to call people racist.

LOL the only party that can't argue with facts is the republican party. Are you saying they came up with the term?

Too funny.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
White privilege is real in some form, because whites made constitutional government and capitalism. The system is made by whites and so in many subconscious ways it will always be a white system.

A pure capitalistic system is a meritocracy.

So any minority that believes in meritocracy will have their best chance at a modern life in a Western type society, the closest society to pure capitalism.

The West is the best, by the Individual Rights Enlightenment and the Industrial Capitalistic Revolution. Nowhere else is past the horse and sail by itself.

Adapt and overcome.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

LOL the only party that can't argue with facts is the republican party. Are you saying they came up with the term?

Too funny.

Interesting you brought this up.

What I've noticed is there are ZERO facts to demonstrate skin color is the causation variable for any of the correlations liberals try to us to support the thesis of "white privilege."

For example, let's look at wages. There are dozens of variables that affect how much a person earns.

Why do you think liberals believe that skin color is the predominant variable of causation in differences in wages?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Implying that blacks are less successful because of their skin color seems racist to me.

... and now you've just stepped into your own steaming pile of "indocrination strategy" that you've been accusing everyone else of for the last 12 pages of this thread.

Gold star for you !

How so?

I'm not the one claiming skin color is the variable that causes different results between groups of people.

The liberal professors at Mt. Holyoke are the ones who created this definition of "white privilege."

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

The longer you are stuck on the extinct, archaic notion of liberal vs. conservatism, the longer you will remain trapped, you can go back decades and keep finding people that have made many of your baseless arguments, by using liberal vs. conservative, this goes all the way back to the Romans and the beginning of the papacy, you can find liberal mentioned in the most base terms, this is where you have inherited this flawed ideology... if you think people are capable of aligning in only two modes then you are out of touch with reality.

Do you truly have any of your own views or are you a parrot? or worse device used by some larger cause that seeks to continue to perpetuate these arguments that in many cases, have absolutely no basis except to further political causes...nothing helping humanity or furthering its state, you are forever stuck in dogma that others that have come and gone long before you, thus you are nothing but an echo of the past, with a voice in the now...only seeking to keep division..never seeking to find solutions other than using harsh criticism, snarky and smug techniques that will never help to heal and eradicate most of what you seem to have as your main point of creating the bulk of your threads...
hate and micro aggression that add absolutely no value to rendering solutions, nothing but noise.

edit on 28-1-2015 by phinubian because: added info

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: phinubian

The longer you are stuck on the extinct, archaic notion of liberal vs. conservatism, the longer you will remain trapped, you can go back decades and keep finding people that have made many of your baseless arguments, by using liberal vs. conservative, this goes all the way back to the Romans and the beginning of the papacy, you can find liberal mentioned in the most base terms, this is where you have inherited this flawed ideology... if you think people are capable of aligning in only two modes then you are out of touch with reality.

Do you truly have any of your own views or are you a parrot? or worse device used by some larger cause that seeks to continue to perpetuate these arguments that in many cases, have absolutely no basis except to further political causes...nothing helping humanity or furthering its state, you are forever stuck in dogma that others that have come and gone long before you, thus you are nothing but an echo of the past, with a voice in the now...only seeking to keep division..never seeking to find solutions other than using harsh criticism, snarky and smug techniques that will never help to heal and eradicate most of what you seem to have as your main point of creating the bulk of your threads...
hate and micro aggression that add absolutely no value to rendering solutions, nothing but noise.

Is your entire post directed towards me personally?

Why?

Can you give me a specific example of "hate" or "microagression" that you're talking about?

The solution is to identify the definition of "white privilege" and the indoctrination technique contained within the definition.

The very definition of "white privilege" includes the presupposition that "whites" won't be able to even see it, and therefore, when they object to the label, it will "prove" the thesis of "white privilege."

Pointing out this nonsense is not hateful or aggressive.

So why do you think skin color is the variable of causation that the "white privilege" theorist claim causes different levels of success between groups of people?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Why don't we remove the racial connotation, and just look at the concept - similarly minded individuals, able to distinguish between themselves and others have learnt to support their own kind, often when they have reached higher positions, they start to gain power and influence and work as a cohesive unit to be successful in society.

There is nothing stopping any race or even any kind of "group" of people from doing this, and it is not necessarily because they denigrate other races, it is because they favour their own.

Only those that uphold a principle of equality would choose not to engage in such behaviours.

We see the behavior on many levels, not just race, but sex, religion, and also family.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor
Why don't we remove the racial connotation, and just look at the concept - similarly minded individuals, able to distinguish between themselves and others have learnt to support their own kind, often when they have reached higher positions, they start to gain power and influence and work as a cohesive unit to be successful in society.

There is nothing stopping any race or even any kind of "group" of people from doing this, and it is not necessarily because they denigrate other races, it is because they favour their own.

Only those that uphold a principle of equality would choose not to engage in such behaviours.

We see the behavior on many levels, not just race, but sex, religion, and also family.

Completely untrue.

This sort of behavior is used by all races all religion when capable, Jews and Muslims have "food" rules that require you to buy your food via Kosher/Halal only from others of your kind when shopping for food in your own "area" you then by convenience buy most of your other stuff next door etc, the money never leaves the fold. Virtually all organized groups that come to America have "organizations" to fund their moves, open businesses. Mexicans, Italians, Russians, Central Americans, Columbians maintain "Mafias", Most of business in America is run by families or organizations, Ivy League Fraternities, Ex Military

1: Family, every helps/hires Family first, EVERYONE
2: friends of Family by percentage very, very likely to be similar of race/religion
3: people who share similarities of religion, race, Language, because you run bushiness via communicating and having a "Family like" atmosphere, simple things like having someone who likes a different radio station, has different holidays and ways of communicating can get really disruptive on the small end of business 10 people and under...

Those Three things, it's not about hate of anyone it's about the life an Individual wishes to build, Most people aren't Angelina Jolie or Madonna flying around the world to adopt kids of other races, they want a kid to have it easier to be FAMILY

You can't run around saying people are racist for running a gamut of people in their lives and hiring, adopting and financially supporting people who they are comfortable with, share beliefs with, traditions with and more...

and it starts at that at the root of Family.

No one will EVER tell me that I have to give my life away to others because I have it better

And honestly, no one in the ENTIRE WORLD buys this bs but America and a handful of governments we have at GUN POINT or economic hostage...

The Indians don't do it this way, The Chinese don't, the Russians don't... That's 3 Billion people or half the planet right there, They sure don't in Africa you have hundreds of thousands being raped or killed over Islam vs Christianity, civil wars, White farmers being killed... That's another 1.5 Billion people paying no attention to this crap, Japan sure doesn't nor the Koreas, Taiwan, New Zealand and OZ aren't putting up with this crap, Only Brazil is actually "multicultural " in South America

Europe is....pretty well divided on the issue which is funny because the ONLY places where there IS a push for Multiculturalism by "some" outside America and Canada are CAUCASIAN, us Caucasians the so called "Racists" which alone makes this a joke...

People always want what you got, Eff em

The real issues lies in the Black community not being able to band together well in productive ways, If Jews 3% and Asians 5% of America can get by the "Racism" and create cultures that overcome it and are the no1 and no2 income earning groups in America per capita... The they do it Despite "white privilege" because.... on average they have more money than "White People" the question the becomes What the hell is wrong with the Black community in America.

I'll never "tolerate" anyone labeling me neither will the bulk of people anywhere or asking them to donate, 80% of the world 90% what's nothing to do with these "American Ideas" if your saying 90% of the world is "Racist" because the define themselves by their VAST cultures and Histories (which by the way you obnoxious folk are ALL way OLDER than this prick country we live in) then your just living an ILLUSION of an American ISM that will never come to pass globally and if we don't stop will get us killed because the people who don't want this number in the BILLIONS

America is on a real roll with this stuff lol...

trying to make Russia a nation with a declining population open the doors to Islam, retreat to small borders and make Homosexuality mainstream, we have pivoted at China,, demand the Japanese and South Koreans become more diverse, make demands on Europe which now has Terrorism problems...

This is Hitler all over again lol, our new post 9-11 Corporate Fascist Republic with a Race based agenda for the Globe...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit

originally posted by: SystemResistor

Completely untrue.

This sort of behavior is used by all races all religion when capable, Jews and Muslims have "food" rules that require you to buy your food via Kosher/Halal only from others of your kind when shopping for food in your own "area" you then by convenience buy most of your other stuff next door etc, the money never leaves the fold. Virtually all organized groups that come to America have "organizations" to fund their moves, open businesses. Mexicans, Italians, Russians, Central Americans, Columbians maintain "Mafias", Most of business in America is run by families or organizations, Ivy League Fraternities, Ex Military

1: Family, every helps/hires Family first, EVERYONE
2: friends of Family by percentage very, very likely to be similar of race/religion
3: people who share similarities of religion, race, Language, because you run bushiness via communicating and having a "Family like" atmosphere, simple things like having someone who likes a different radio station, has different holidays and ways of communicating can get really disruptive on the small end of business 10 people and under...

Those Three things, it's not about hate of anyone it's about the life an Individual wishes to build, Most people aren't Angelina Jolie or Madonna flying around the world to adopt kids of other races, they want a kid to have it easier to be FAMILY

You can't run around saying people are racist for running a gamut of people in their lives and hiring, adopting and financially supporting people who they are comfortable with, share beliefs with, traditions with and more...

and it starts at that at the root of Family.

No one will EVER tell me that I have to give my life away to others because I have it better

And honestly, no one in the ENTIRE WORLD buys this bs but America and a handful of governments we have at GUN POINT or economic hostage...

The Indians don't do it this way, The Chinese don't, the Russians don't... That's 3 Billion people or half the planet right there, They sure don't in Africa you have hundreds of thousands being raped or killed over Islam vs Christianity, civil wars, White farmers being killed... That's another 1.5 Billion people paying no attention to this crap, Japan sure doesn't nor the Koreas, Taiwan, New Zealand and OZ aren't putting up with this crap, Only Brazil is actually "multicultural " in South America

Europe is....pretty well divided on the issue which is funny because the ONLY places where there IS a push for Multiculturalism by "some" outside America and Canada are CAUCASIAN, us Caucasians the so called "Racists" which alone makes this a joke...

People always want what you got, Eff em

The real issues lies in the Black community not being able to band together well in productive ways, If Jews 3% and Asians 5% of America can get by the "Racism" and create cultures that overcome it and are the no1 and no2 income earning groups in America per capita... The they do it Despite "white privilege" because.... on average they have more money than "White People" the question the becomes What the hell is wrong with the Black community in America.

I'll never "tolerate" anyone labeling me neither will the bulk of people anywhere or asking them to donate, 80% of the world 90% what's nothing to do with these "American Ideas" if your saying 90% of the world is "Racist" because the define themselves by their VAST cultures and Histories (which by the way you obnoxious folk are ALL way OLDER than this prick country we live in) then your just living an ILLUSION of an American ISM that will never come to pass globally and if we don't stop will get us killed because the people who don't want this number in the BILLIONS

America is on a real roll with this stuff lol...

trying to make Russia a nation with a declining population open the doors to Islam, retreat to small borders and make Homosexuality mainstream, we have pivoted at China,, demand the Japanese and South Koreans become more diverse, make demands on Europe which now has Terrorism problems...

This is Hitler all over again lol, our new post 9-11 Corporate Fascist Republic with a Race based agenda for the Globe...

Here is the "beauty" of the definition of "white privilege."

No matter how many valid points you just raised, just the mere fact that you resisted the definition of "white privilege" means you're a racist, and liberal will feel justified in labeling you as such.

Watch what happens next. The validity of what you're saying will barely be discussed, but you will be personally attacked and labeled a xenophobic racist.

Liberals have been conditioned like Pavlov's dogs when it comes to this.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I am a Liberal mainly.

I just draw the line at Labels being assigned to me personally and see this for what it is.

All those typos in that one above, I worked over night last night from having started the following morning, when I saw it was going still it just pissed me off a little lol because anyone thinking my 24hr work run is a privilege can kiss my privileged keister. My "white privilege" means to me that my mommy and daddy taught me if I wanted the Lincoln I bought this month i'd be doing triple shifts for a time lol.

I wish the slavery thing would stop already too, as a Jew I don't hold it against Germany that my people were put in cages, I wouldn't want it brought up in school to alienate anyone who was German and make them live with their grandparents bs, i'd consider that action racist against those people and more importantly outside of History a big distraction even in the small small part of ww2 history... I'd rather discuss the cool battles. My own son.... is in HS on his Fifth book since Sept about the Holocaust and one more and i'm going in to complain... That's not an education it's indoctrination and some schools spend seemingly the entirety of History from K-12 discussing The Natives, Slavery and the Holocaust and as a MEMBER of one of those groups I say ENOUGH! They say it's so it doesn't happen again right? Well maybe if kids actually studied something else they would at least know where the places we are invading are on a map and understand the cultures of the people we are killing currently because while they do this, we are still fighting all over the globe so obviously it's not working. ( I mean well, it Is working if "History" is defined as making sure Black, White, Jew and Native are more comfortable operating military bases and killing people they know nothing about around the globe while getting along together lol)

Through the whole "slavery" thing people could BUY their way out of slavery, after slavery we got a Minimum wage, which to me was a way of just enslaving everyone and making them "think" they were free because 2/3rds of people don't have anything left at the end of the week after paying for their "quarters" The method of Freedom via working longer and harder to "buy" it away from the landlord really hasn't changed much for anyone of any race... to me this debate of "white privilege" Mostly amounts in reality to Field N's complaining about how good House N's have it because White people by the numbers tend to get the house N position more often and sight is lost to the truth that we are all mainly still slaves.

So if it means anything I'm sorry massa let me open the door for his guests instead of making me tend the garden but massa only lets me do that because I stay up all night too tending his fire so his fat arse stays warm and spent a lot of money I still owe before i'm "free" on courses on how to open his door right for all intents and purposes...

Truth is... Nobody has devised a better system, there are a few nations with better social policies these days, but there are legit pros and cons in regards to a capacity to build wealth and genuinely escape the Matrix so to speak, but beyond that, it's worse everywhere else, Caste systems, Govt limitations, a trip to the super market with food stamps can leave you eating better than the Queen of England did a century ago because simply all this "slavery" built some good machines and you CAN get fish from the South Pacific fresh on an airplane or freezer boat today... Black or White none of us died from the 1917 flu return a couple of years ago because we don't crap in outhouses anymore and have Thera Flu...

How we buy Freedom from Slavery, all of us... Huge improvement, our credit score is a number unaffected by race, use it well, Thanks to the Internet the typical way of opening a business also leaves race out of the equation and MIT courses are online free and Western Governors offers degrees for a couple of G for as many classes as you can take in 6 months and your allowed to work as much as you want.

For me there is one thing... Buying out of slavery, i'm aware I am a slave, I have no misconception that I was set free...yet.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: amazing

Too funny.

Interesting you brought this up.

What I've noticed is there are ZERO facts to demonstrate skin color is the causation variable for any of the correlations liberals try to us to support the thesis of "white privilege."

For example, let's look at wages. There are dozens of variables that affect how much a person earns.

Why do you think liberals believe that skin color is the predominant variable of causation in differences in wages?

I think you're complicating things and to be fair those arguing the other way are complicating things.

If we just simplify this issue to the core small truth.

There is a small advantage to being born white in America. There is also a small advantage to being born male, heterosexual and to converting to Christianity in America.

Having said that, in this day and age, all of us can rise up from any disadvantage and over come any obstacle. Especially with all of the books, and every thing that's in the internet. There is enough information to use.

But back to the beginning of my rant. LOL, some of us have a harder struggle and a less level playing field based on skin color and sex, and sexual orientation and religion.

So we do we complicate this issue, and why do you complicate the issue?

and...why shouldn't we work to level the playing field for all of us?

edit on 29-1-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

i'll answer that if that's okay...

It's because it can't be done. Communism tried to do it and failed, we ended up with Socialized Capitalism because without a way to be better than other people everyone wanted to rot and die.

It's built in via the mating game, we want it for us and then for our kids, not equality but rather to be superior, physically, mentally, monetarily, people can talk all the smack they want about equality, but when they shop for clothes, try to acquire a house, the work they do, when they go to the gym... they are absolutely trying to best the next person and the Mating desire drives it and you can't get rid of that ever, some people claim they do but 99% of the time when I see it, it's just a cry for attention from someone horribly deficient in some aspect that's hoping the "beautiful soul" they claim to have will trump the other deficits. (sort of thing that rises when the economy is bad ad nauseam)

Such as it is...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I'd say "white privilege" has more to do with ethnocentrism. Look: en.wikipedia.org... I think a lot of people conflate race and class, and that's where they're making a mistake.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join