It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is "White Privilege?"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Racial profiling exists. To be born bad is to affect ones life. I don't need to point out the millions of examples of racism. This is a complex version of white privilege. This is appearing complex to grasp so let me simplify with the famous saying "white is always right".

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

It's very simple. And if anybody were to deny the following as being accurate, you're just lying, or ignorant of how the world works outside of your little bubble.

It is easier to attain success, as a white person, as opposed to somebody of any other color/race in North America

You're exemplifying the exact indoctrination strategy that I've pointed out.

You pre-frame your belief with an ad hominem attack on anybody who may disagree with what you're about to say.

How about this.

Your thesis is this: It is easier for a white person to attain success than any other race/color in North America.

You are making that claim. How do you define "success" and "easier?"

Your claim is not provable. Just an opinion. Labeling those who disagree with it as somehow inferior demonstrates the nature of how indoctrination and brainwashing works.

Thank you.

How many black CFR and Bilderberg meetings are?

And for a white person starting out at the bottom is just as hard as it is for anyone trust me i know.
edit on 1/25/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TycoonBarnaby

But who's more likely to get the job? I mean with what the media and society suggest, stereotypes are obstacles colored folk have to over come.
edit on 25-1-2015 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jenisiz
a reply to: Punisher75

Fox is in hit water right now for their we can't see the color of their skin to tell if they're bad comments. The media feeds this bs to society which in turn gives birth to stereotypes that affect more than just anxiety while passing in the streets. Carries down to all facets of life. You're proving more ignorant then I could've imagined, proof the media has succeeded.

To reiterate, is not so much your clothing choice as it is the color of the skin you're born with. To be born white is to be born with a clean slate. To be born of color is to have forced in you societies predetermined prejudices.

So your example of institutional "white privilege" is the most hated and disrespected news outlet on the planet? Proving of course that I am "ignorant" even though you have yet to actually demonstrate White Privilege or define it in any way other than someone somewhere is racist.
No instead you have chosen to offer up anecdotal statements of you getting pulled over once a month, (for all I know you are a crappy driver) and all that makes me ignorant.
All of this of course coming from someone who identifies themselves as "Half German-Half Black"? I would point to you that fact that one can in fact be German and Black at the same time.
Gotcha.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

But who's more likely to get the job? I mean with what the media and society suggest, stereotypes are obstacles colored folk have to over come.

The Asian and why would you want to work for a racist anyways?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

The Asian and why would you want to work for a racist anyways?

Quoted for truth.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Yes a news outlet known to spout bs that's still on the air along with others. I'm a first born immigrant here, with my family tracking back several centuries and am proud. My great grandfather served in the 3rd Reich and I embrace my heritage. But in not foolish enough to believe the world isn't racist as blindly as you. This isn't even an argument lol, over 5 pages and only a few flags says I'm not the only one that gets it. Thank god or I'd have to walk away from ats. If everyone here was this dense to nor believe in white privilege or racism their withhold be zero credible sources on here. Lol

edit on 25-1-2015 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Im white and I may have white privelege but I don't take advantgae of and if their is an advantage to being white then so be it. Im a white christian conservative gun totting man and Im proud of it and if you don't like then you can suck it! Thank you!

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: coldkidc
Why are you the poster every time I see a race-baiting thread?
Do you enjoy stoking the fire or are you just trying to farm stars by playing on peoples emotions?

Humanity is more than black & white...we're ALL different but in many ways we are also all the SAME.

We're all being played by the media & posts like this tying to keep us small minded, petty & focused on the many minor differences we have to separate us instead of understanding that we have many common interests as well as similar needs & wants.

We're all individuals & every person here has had different life experiences but diversity makes the group stronger not weaker.

Because some people, when they see one race being "hated" on, feel the need to point out the "wrongs" perpetuated by other races.

Because some people think the "yea but look at what THEY do!" is a justifiable argument.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

What is white privilege? A bloody myth that's what. I say this as a white man with no diploma, no job, no car, no drivers license to drive if I did have a car, no home and no money. Where the hell is my white privilege? Its just a term that the elite use to keep us divided amongst ourselves.

Damn brother...where are at? Close to north Texas?

I can get you a job...not a great job but a job...this will lead to a home and a car.

Starting pay at $11.50 an hour $15+ in your first year.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

This would be fundamentally untrue today.

if you examine the statistics since the civil rights movement more than half of African Americans have moved to the Burbs and lead largely what exists of a middle class life in America today, the demographic issue for African Americans exists to a large degree in the inner city ghettos where some people insist on "being unique" to put it politely and guess what? That same demographic exists for white trash in the styx very often, the portion that says to hell with schooling, likes to get wasted and zero effs are given, the real disparity in police behavior or attention comes from the fact that African American ghettos exist in high density areas where they border well off Business types, suburban middle class and high end universities etc, etc. You don't actually see much of it even in the Black communities that opt to "be unique" in rural areas where it doesn't affect others.

I'm not saying that more up and coming African Americans don't get the racism, pulled over for no reason, followed as a shop lifter etc, sometimes but 99% of the time a moments talking corrects the racist indiscretion and well... we all encounter jerks when we leave the house it's part of life, 99.9% of the time those pull overs those moments don't end badly like they do in the hood and that demographic which really shouldn't be taken as a race thing any more than i should be associated with Uncle Cletus the alligator wrestler who occasionally gets Tazered for dui

Some African Americans would say that those HALF of African Americans who went suburban or into University etc are "acting white" but that in itself is racism, if your perception of being a grown up and acting Professional and educated and being understood when you speak is being "White" that makes you the racist because no one can understand White Uncle Cletus when he's cruising down the highway wasted and if he decided to do that through Manhattan and got out of the pickup all aggressive he'd probably get shot too in that location.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Yes a news outlet known to spout bs that's still on the air along with others. I'm a first born immigrant here, with my family tracking back several centuries and am proud. My great grandfather served in the 3rd Reich and I embrace my heritage. But in not foolish enough to believe the world isn't racist as blindly as you. This isn't even an argument lol, over 5 pages and only a few flags says I'm not the only one that gets it. Thank god or I'd have to walk away from ats. If everyone here was this dense to nor believe in white privilege or racism their withhold be zero credible sources on here. Lol

So that we are clear what you just said was;
Any news outlets that are on the air, in a country with freedom of speech that does not espouse what you think, has relevance to institutional "White Privilege"?
By me not agreeing with you that somehow means I don't think racism exists anyplace on the planet, and lastly because you have flags on your post, that means something to the truth of your claim?

So tell me If I move to say, Syria does that suddenly make the claim that women should not be allowed to drive due to the ideas popularity? Since you are okay with your grandfather being in the Nazi Party I am sure you wont mind this question, "Was it okay to kill millions of Jews because they were not liked by the majority at the time?" Why not after all Adolf did in fact get "many many "flags" as it were by the people there when he was taking power.

Of course you don't think that, that would be stupid.
Right?
edit on 25-1-2015 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2015 by Punisher75 because: Fixed some typos

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
And as an answer to the thread.

White privilege doesn't exist.

There is only the bulk population perception which is based on probability by what we witness in life.

In other words Asians don't get focused on either because the probability in ACTUALITY is highly unlikely they will be committing a crime and dress and time of day and speech and many things factor in, Yes, no one bothers a well dressed white girl who seems to be headed to work and the police absolutely do bother a hip Hip styled Black male out at 11:00 at night walking down the middle of the street...why? because that demographic is usually doing something illegal at that time and place and style, but it's a probability issue by behavior and location and other factors... As above Uncle Cletus gets pulled over all the time even though he's white he's dressed a certain way, the styling of a belief system that incorporates drinking in his truck as part of "the song of his people" lol and the cop knows he's going to bust the guy lol... does that mean it's "Fair" that a hard working old truck driving redneck gets pulled over more by "assumption" no... but he damn well will and The Asian girl walking home with a giant Back Pack full of Calculus will never be stopped once in her life unless a cop for some reason wants to know directions to the computer lab...

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: steamiron

Standard response from the Jamie1 playbook! Deflection and step aside.

Theres no way you hadnty heard of white privilidge before. means your here under false pretenses and the OP is a disingenuos racial agenda founded on a false situation.

people on political and racial crusades will LIE to push there agenda. Have you lied? Is it even believable that a adult with your political views NEVER heard of white privilidge before??

BS that you were all "white privilidge?? Oh my?! What could that mean?" like Penelope Pitstop lol

I've course I've heard of "white privilege" before.

I just never heard somebody be accused of it while eating burgers with "friends" before. So I Googled it to see how those teaching it define it.

I learned that those teaching "white privilege" make the claim that white people are racists, and the very act of denying they're racists is proof of their "white privilege."

Very brilliant indoctrination strategy. Very effective. Many people are using the strategy right here on ATS to discredit those who disagree.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz

What's pissing me off is people keep calling your Testimony merely anecdotal...

As if you invalidate your proof that racial profiling exists and has been admitted numerous times by many different people & institutes.

Your argument has not been ignored and I for one will back you up that I've seen racial profiling here in London.

What's even sadder, is the "point" of this thread was to "define white privilege" when in fact it was just created to deny that it exists...
Defining it was never the plan...

To label people indoctrinated and brainwashed was...

& that hasn't gone unnoticed either.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: coldkidc
Why are you the poster every time I see a race-baiting thread?
Do you enjoy stoking the fire or are you just trying to farm stars by playing on peoples emotions?

Humanity is more than black & white...we're ALL different but in many ways we are also all the SAME.

We're all being played by the media & posts like this tying to keep us small minded, petty & focused on the many minor differences we have to separate us instead of understanding that we have many common interests as well as similar needs & wants.

We're all individuals & every person here has had different life experiences but diversity makes the group stronger not weaker.

Because some people, when they see one race being "hated" on, feel the need to point out the "wrongs" perpetuated by other races.

Because some people think the "yea but look at what THEY do!" is a justifiable argument.

All too common on a vast range of topics...

The old reversal of "but look at them"...

Tragic strategy.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
My definition of "White Privilege"

"Who Cares" I have ribs in the smoker am I a racist???

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Jenisiz
What's even sadder, is the "point" of this thread was to "define white privilege" when in fact it was just created to deny that it exists...
Defining it was never the plan...

To label people indoctrinated and brainwashed was...

& that hasn't gone unnoticed either.

You just demonstrated a more subtle part of the indoctrination strategy.

Make a "mind reading" claim, posturing that you somehow know a person's intent.

Then say that you noticed it, or observed it, when in reality you're just parroting your original claim which is based on nothing but your own imagination.

"White Privilege" is an academic term made up out of thin air, and defined in a way to label and blame one group of people for the problems of another. To "prove" the claim part of the definition includes that arguing against the claim is proof of the claim.

It would be like saying to somebody, "You are a self-righteous idiot. You're such a self-righteous idiot that you can't even see it. And if you disagree, it proves you're a self-righteous idiot."

Brilliant indoctrination technique. Very reminiscent of Goebbels propaganda.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

It's very simple. And if anybody were to deny the following as being accurate, you're just lying, or ignorant of how the world works outside of your little bubble.

It is easier to attain success, as a white person, as opposed to somebody of any other color/race in North America

That is the essence of white privilege. It's institutional, not personal racism. Our society, as a whole was built for white people, up until the 60's ish. We've come a very long way at eradicating that and creating a more multicultural system, where people of non white color CAN succeed at the same rate as whites.

But that's not the case for a lot of different places in North America still.

Now just because it exists, doesn't mean we get to bash whites over the head with it, everytime it comes up. Like Feminism and the use of Male Privilege. Yeah, it exists, but 98% of men aren't actively USING their so called privilege to keep women down.

That would be same thing in the case of white privilege.

~Tenth

So if we disagree with your obviously scewed version of reality...we are dishonest or ignorant....what genius way to start out.....I sm right you are wrong or you are a lying idiot.....bs

I am white. I have never benefitted from being white.

I am poor, I have no criminal record, I have never been arrested.

Yet there are many programs that guarantee a black felon will get a job before I do.

There is no scholarship for me just because I am white.

There is no advocacy group demanding I get treated fairly.

There is actually no group advocating in my interest.

Blacks have what 50 groups and 20+ federal programs?

But yes I sm privileged.......

You are spouting obvious bs....

Blacks fail because their teach their kids to be criminals instead of teaching them common sense values.

When I teach my kids to be respectful and follow the lawd, they teach theirs to act like they live in a rap video.

This is why more blacks than white are in jail.

They are raising criminals.

It isn't white privilege keeping Black's down.

It is blacks teaching their kids idiotic behaviors that is Jeeping them down.

Any Asian race....doing just fine, high achievement low crime....

Any European race...pretty decent achievement farely low crime....

Any Latin american races...decent achievement moderate crime...

Any mideastern race...moderate achievement moderate to low crime....

Blacks, from any background.......poor to subpar moderate achievement....high crime...

This is a fact.

I believe blacks are perfectly capable of reaching the same cultural levels of any other races...they choose not to....actively mind you...and blame whites, not even the most successful race in the country BTW, for all their problems.

Why not blame the Asians since they do better overall than anyone else?

I guess it is Asian privilege keeping us whites down, white privilege keeping the Latinos down, and brown privilege keeping the blacks down?

There us no privilege.

There are just successful cultures that are going to do better than obviously failed ones.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
White privilege is having a set of filters that one can don to ask such a dumb-ass question.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join