It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is "White Privilege?"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: steamiron
a reply to: Jamie1

I was confused... So I Googled "white privilege" and found this definition, direct from the www.myholyoke.edu website.

Not for one second do I believe you. 'Confused' lol! Damn near EVERY thread and post of yours is brimming over with barely concealed racial overtones! 'Confused' my ass!!!

Y'all JUST heard this term and had to google it?? Jeez. Yesterday you where replying to guys talking about white privilidge.

Racial sociopaths have a stennch about them.

Whats your response gonna be?? Y'all gonna drop the 'why are you offended line again? Or will it be a dig that i'm a 'liberal or progressive?' Man you'v got like 5 stock responses from your agenda list lol

This is fun. I didn't anticipate so many responses demonstrating the exact indoctrination strategy that this thread is about.

You've taken it to a new level by labeling me with the term "racial sociopath" because I quoted how Mt. Holyoke defines "white privilege."

Nice. You've exemplified exactly how to use the "white privilege" concept as an excuse to label and attack somebody who disagrees.

Thank you.

link   

originally posted by: Punisher75
a reply to: MALBOSIA

"I do not know what is the basis behind it but other ethnicities do look to whites for the answers and the blame. Whites can deny that this is true but I do not see what difference it makes.
Whites need to step up to the plate and own it. Trouble is many in other ethnicities would find that insulting. So here are the whites, running the world but can not acknowledge that they are privileged to do so as it would upset other ethnicities to bring to the surface what everyone already knew. "

I am not sure I understand you exactly because this all sounds very white supremest.
In effect what you have just said if I understand you right, is that only White People can fix the to worlds woes because most other ethnicity's simply cannot think for themselves?
You go on to say if I understand right, that sure other ethnic groups will get mad, so white people just have to make all these changes for the world quietly and softly so that no one gets their feelings hurt.

Now I am certain that this is not what you mean so if you could maybe restate what your trying to say?

You pretty much nailed it. I'm not trying to be a jerk. It is just how I see it.

Don't hate me.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They'd rather continue to divide us by turning whites against blacks.

White privilege blah blah blah. Black privilege, Spanish privilege, Asian privilege, etc, etc, etc.

Whites are the only race that cannot defend their own without being called racist. Have fun everyone, you're sinking in eachother's _______

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75

Are you serious? They're one in the same. Not being profiled is part of white privilege. You're considered not up to any wrong doings while people of a darker tone are held suspect. Are you serious? !? Whites are given more trust all around which sterns back to white privilege. This is why minorities say you don't get it lol you simply don't
edit on 25-1-2015 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

No I don't hate you any more than I hate the New Black Panther Party.
I just don't agree with White/Black/Latino/Semitic supremacy. All can have their opinions.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You started with a premise that could basically be summed up as:

"White privilege" doesn't exist and that anyone who thinks so is a victim of a "brilliant indoctrination strategy."

Then you go on to make a big show of pointing out how everyone else is engaging in ad hominem attacks. Doesn't that strike you as hypocritical?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz

See there is were you have decided to assign intent. I can easily subjectively decide that I am being targeted when I get pulled over if the officer pulling me over is not of the same race. Just cause I think it is so would not make it true however.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jenisiz

Are you serious? They're one in the same. Not being profiled is part of white privilege. You're considered not up to any wrong doings while people of a darker tone are held suspect. Are you serious? !? Whites are given more trust all around which sterns back to white privilege. This is why minorities say you don't get it lol you simply don't

Yet if a white person were to say to a minority that you don't get 'it' ('it' being whatever "white" cultural statement we might make,) it would come across as totally unacceptable and racist.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You pre-frame your belief with an ad hominem attack on anybody who may disagree with what you're about to say.

If you believe the sky is red and I call you ignorant of the facts because it is indeed blue, that is adhominem, THIS is the definition, of adhominem:

So If you falsely believe, that a black and a white man in America have the same chance of success, then it's not adhominem to call you wrong. Or ignorant, as in not knowing, not in the 'you're stupid' category.

You are making that claim. How do you define "success" and "easier?"

Let's see:

1. Education ( white schools are better than black ones, almost all the time.)

This is due to us ignoring the problems plaguing intercity schools, promoting the idea of social promotions and ignoring the causes of joblessness, poverty and incarceration amongts African Americans.

2. The Law

You are more likely to be arrested, or stoped by police, while black or latino, than a white person. You are more likely to be considered a 'suspicious' person.

I define success as the ability to become a member of the middle class, and raise yourself out of the poverty line.

Your claim is not provable. Just an opinion. Labeling those who disagree with it as somehow inferior demonstrates the nature of how indoctrination and brainwashing works.

No, but it is. Just look at the stats. You are ignoring the facts, because your opinion and ideology, outweigh your willingness to admit that one of these things are not like the other.

Here are 15 Charts that show how much easier it is to be white than a minority.

I never labelled anybody as inferior, I said that they were LYING, or IGNORANT, which doesn't mean you're stupid, it means you don't know about a thing.

~Tenth
edit on 1/25/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I'm pulled over and released at least once a month. If you're claiming racial profiling doesn't exist in America then you're far beyond help hahah. Not being racially profiled (by not only the police but employers and society) is just one perk of white privilege.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So?

Then I look at my TV and see Obama.

He is, what used to be called, an "Oreo". Half white, do remember that. He probably didn't have an easy time of it growing up but he did grow up in a white household with all the assumptions that go along with it.

So no - I don't really consider President Obama a typical example of black experience.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz

So your subjective experience, of which I have no way to verify is evidence of a truth claim that I should take at all seriously?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I'm an oreo. Half German and half black. And I can attest to the fact he dies not live a typical minority life. From birth the media as well as outside racial profiling push minorities back. Affirmative Action was created to help but in reality it proves more useful for SWF... single white females.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
How about majority privilege?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You can easily verify racial profiling. It's everywhere... or do you deny that?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

You can easily verify racial profiling. It's everywhere... or do you deny that?

That depends, if the suspect we are looking for is of a certain ethnicity then yes there will be racial profiling, just as if a witness said, "this person was wearing nikes" I would not then go on the search for someone wearing doc martins or cowboy boots.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Well see, you just proved "their" point.

The fact that you think it's a myth shows you're oblivious to your own white privilege and supremacy that you're benefiting from every day. You've now self-identified as part of the problem, and your way of life must be righteously "dismantled."

Stirring up a little racial tension on a Sunday afternoon eh? Nobody and I mean nobody is more obsessed with race in this country than white conservatives.

This is really interesting.

So many posts accusing me of race baiting, being a "racial sociopath," and now "stirring up racial tension" because I posted Mt. Holyoke College's definition of "white privilege."

This is exactly exemplifying the "white privilege" indoctrination strategy - label political opposition as racists, and then when they object, say their objection "proves" they're racists.

Nice. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Standard response from the Jamie1 playbook! Deflection and step aside.

Theres no way you hadnty heard of white privilidge before. means your here under false pretenses and the OP is a disingenuos racial agenda founded on a false situation.

people on political and racial crusades will LIE to push there agenda. Have you lied? Is it even believable that a adult with your political views NEVER heard of white privilidge before??

BS that you were all "white privilidge?? Oh my?! What could that mean?" like Penelope Pitstop lol

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Fox is in hit water right now for their we can't see the color of their skin to tell if they're bad comments. The media feeds this bs to society which in turn gives birth to stereotypes that affect more than just anxiety while passing in the streets. Carries down to all facets of life. You're proving more ignorant then I could've imagined, proof the media has succeeded.

To reiterate, is not so much your clothing choice as it is the color of the skin you're born with. To be born white is to be born with a clean slate. To be born of color is to have forced in you societies predetermined prejudices.
edit on 25-1-2015 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I'm pulled over and released at least once a month. If you're claiming racial profiling doesn't exist in America then you're far beyond help hahah.

Wow.... these examples keep coming!

Make a claim based on anecdotal evidence to support the claim, and disparage anybody who may disagree with your broad conclusions before they have a chance to respond.

"I'm right! And anybody who disagrees is an idiot!"

"I disagree."

"See!!! That proves it!!! You ARE an idiot!!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join