It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Post a Pic of your Pet!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:11 PM

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: RomaSempre

Awwww, sweet. OMG how cute one with a teddy bear!

There's a story to that picture. I had a beagle named Molly for almost 12 years. I had to put her to sleep about three years ago. The basket and bear were both hers. She absolutely loved that basket and the bear was probably the last toy I bought her. After she was gone I couldn't bring myself to throw either away.

A few months later is when I adopted Carrie and she wanted nothing to do with the basket. (She likes pulling the stuffing out of the bear though). Casey came about six months later. I had him for almost a year and one night he found his way in there. It's been his ever since.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:35 PM

Awww, that is so sweet!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:19 PM

As a grown man nearing forty, I feel totally comfortable in calling that beagle teddy pic ADORABUBBLES!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:56 PM

So can someone tell me how to post a picture?

I give up.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:26 PM
I've got this as figured out as I am going to get it. I don't know why it is side ways... "Sigh" Turn your head I guess. I'm so sorry.

I hate myself a little for posting this one but I'm very proud of how hard this filly and I have both worked. I was given a yearling filly in Sept. of 2013. She was part of a bunch of horses that were seized and distributed. The woman who owned the ranch went to prison for animal cruelty. Two of my friends had gotten some of these horses and I was asked if I could try and halter train some of the yearlings that "no one can get a hand on". I am no expert trainer but the horses that are really scared or hate people seem to like me for some inexplicable reason. I said I would try but no promises. These babies were starving and skeptical of human beings. No one wanted this filly because she was far more skittish and explosive than the rest (and the rest were pretty skittish) and because she is actually her own cousin (her parents are full siblings or "close bred").

When she hit the ground on my place she was literally untouched by human hands. I was able to touch her in about five minutes and had her haltered in about 40 or so. I named her Binky (Terry Pratchett fans will get it).

This was Binky's first day:

edit on 5-2-2015 by redhorse because: too many "literally's"

edit on 5-2-2015 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:36 PM
Binky was explosive. She really seemed to want to try to please and then some random, often completely mysterious thing would startle her and she would go OFF like a rocket. I'd never seen a horse fight so hard. Some of it I could track down to a strange sound; she hated the sound of anything walking up on her on crunchy ground (like dried leaves). She wouldn't tolerate any sudden movement, or (heaven help you) a rope swinging AT ALL near her neck.

She was flighty, nervous, explosive and clumsy, tripping over objects in her path and getting "trapped" by a large swath of tall grass (knee high to her). She was nervous enough to run herself into bouts of indigestion. She would run into the panels or fence if frightened enough. She was hesitant to go under the shadow of the barn or the tree in early morning or evening light. She was never, EVER mean though. Not once. Just scared.

It turns out Binky does not see well (took me long enough to get it). She is not completely blind but definitely vision impaired.

edit on 5-2-2015 by redhorse because: took out an "and"

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:44 PM
This is Binky in June 2014:

I hope to begin under-saddle work this spring. She has come so far but she will probably never leave a small, enclosed space for riding and I think she is just as happy with that thank-you-very-much. Not a kids horse, or ever really a "safe" horse; there is always that chance with her. She is what she is. She has really bonded with my husband's big gelding and she follows him around (her "seeing eye lump" is what my husband calls him). She is not going to be very big; she is about 14'3 hands. Her sire and dam were pushing 16 hands. She started out coming from behind nutritionally and the inbreeding will also contribute to a smaller size.

She is my success story, and almost certainly a "lifer" here because anyone else would likely enough just sell her on to the canner.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:20 PM
a reply to: redhorse

Thank you!!! I absolutely adore horses, if you have others please post them

Nice Pratchett reference, btw
edit on 5-2-2015 by Ashirah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:24 PM
a reply to: Ashirah

Always happy to post pony pics.

This is Remington and Cassidy. Rem is the darker red (chestnut) with the bigger blaze and Cass is the lighter orange (red dun). They are American Bashkir Curlies (ABC) which is why their winter coats are curly. Cassidy is my horse and Remington is my husband's horse and Binky's seeing-eye friend.

Howard is the grey here. The other two boys push him around so he hangs back a lot.

Binky curious about the camera (you can see her pretty blue eyes a bit here).

Cass, Rem and Howard in the summer. They are extreme (homozygous) curlies and shed out their manes and tails in the summer. Cass and Howard will even get bald patches. A lot of curlies shed out in the summer and the extremes will shed out more than most, even to bald patches.

edit on 5-2-2015 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:36 PM
a reply to: redhorse

Gorgeous!!! I'm an absolute sucker for a horse with a bold, wide blaze. Is Howard a grullo? I can't quite make out his markings with that winter fluff he's got going on paired with this tablet. It also probably doesn't help that I'm no expert at identifying equine coat colors and patterns ... Hah

But thank you! I genuinely cheesed out on your horses, no shame in my game.

And your story on Binky, I applaud you!! To me, that's a beautiful thing you've done with her.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:56 PM
a reply to: Ashirah

Howard is a grey. My farrier calls him my ol' Blue Horse (he's the youngest of the boys). He is from Canada. A lot of greys will lighten to almost white pretty quickly but Howard is taking his time. If he were straight haired he would be dark grey and dappled, but you can't hardly see it with that curly coat.

Binky is a good girl but most people think I'm crazy or stupid for not running her "loose" through the sales barn (which is pretty much putting a horse up for the canner buyers). They're probably right, but at least I feel better about myself. She is a tobiano and a cremello. If nothing else she is nice to look at. Although, I do wish she would stop rubbing her mane off on the fence. She has crazy-thick, strong hair and it would be gorgeous if she'd quit it.

I'm glad you like them. Most people don't appreciate the curlies.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:18 AM
This is Cody, he's about two years old now

When he was a pup, with our other dog, Simba, who died shortly after the photo was taken

My mare, Kaia

Kaia with a short tail... the day before an Extreme Cowboy Race, one of the horses at the stable decided to eat the tails of all the other horses. I think he was nervous. Her tail went from sweeping the ground, to this-

This is Blue, my first horse, many years ago. (and when I first came up with my internet handle)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:03 AM
This is my world Storm x

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:31 AM
Here's Emily....picture is a few years old, but she pretty much looks the same...

and the one on the left is her are maybe 3-4 2008.

edit on Sat Feb 7 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:15 PM
As I refer to them, dumb and dumber. We rescued her from a driver that probably would have dumped her at a truck stop. She hadn't been raised on a truck stop was hiding. He realized we brought him a girlfriend and just grinned.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:11 PM
Was going through old pics ...

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:39 PM
a reply to: ChefSlug

It looks like he has a big bushy moustache.

There are a lot of wonderful floofs here, here's one from my little brood,

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:46 PM
This is Jezebel, my Sun cat. My moon cat is under the bed atm.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:54 PM
This is Richard T. Anderson aka Richie. He was a 3 year old rescue I found outside in MN on New Years Day. He was hit and killed by a car yesterday. Have fun over the rainbow bridge little Rich!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:11 PM
Love all the pics but must admit BH, all the German Shepherd pics are my favorites.

I had a coated male, most loyal family member ever. Had him from 95 - 07. Still miss my best friend ever.

Anyway, I finally uploaded my current controllers.

Orion, my all time favorite cat, a Bengal. Not happy unless he is into something.

Full grown watching a hummingbird.

His best friend Cleo, hoping for a fish dinner.

Best friends chilling

Our new blind, no teeth on the bottom stray that picked the right house, Buddy.

Buddy was first called Mr Squeeks as you can hear why here.

Then last but not least is Sasha, my bi-polar Shepherd/Husky mix.

I swear when she acts crazy, which is rather often, the blue eye is in control. When calm and loving its the brown eye.

Sasha has taken a liking to our blind cat and I swear feels she takes care of him, it is the cutest thing ever.

Love all the pics, keep posting them.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>