It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

picture of 'spot' in the snow

page: 1

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:17 AM
hello all

this is the first thread i have ever made here, so be kind lol..but thought this shot came out okay(for once)and thought someone might be interested in the progression of this 'spot':

okay..i have tried to figure out how to upload this here..maybe someone can help me out? here is a link to a thread where i could upload it

anyway, the story is that about three years ago, right after i moved here, i woke up one fine summer morning to see this perfect rectangular spot completely bereft of grass..and this is a lush, green field..i was nervous, i thought uh oh, the landlord is going to think i did something, right..

so, as the years have progressed, not only does it barely have any sort of vegetation whatsoever(despite the landlords constant reseeding)but it melts before any other area. in the picture you can see how much snow is around..shoot, we had three feet the one takes awhile for it to melt first, but it always does..

am not saying it was et related, do not remember a thing from that night. i do know that so far no one has been able to figure out why in the world this spot came to be and continues to not grow

well, that's my thread
again, apologizes for not being able to figure how to upload on this site

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:26 AM

Here ya go...

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:32 AM
That's your septic system's leech field.....a reply to: Jakal26

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:38 AM

originally posted by: donktheclown
That's your septic system's leech field.....a reply to: Jakal26

That would be my first guess as well. If not, possibly something buried not too deep.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:39 AM
a reply to: donktheclown

well, that would explain it..except for the fact that this spot is approximately three feet by six; (when it came overnight the lines were so straight it was like someone had taken a ruler)

and for the fact that up until that night it was as lush as the rest of the field

plus, i cannot understand why it would melt sooner? and why it would stay in the same shape?

thank you for uploading that!! i so appreciate it

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:46 AM
oh i am sorry i forgot to mention that the whole field out there is the leech field actually..i know because of all the work that has been done back there

if a leech field is the cause, i find it rather small, too contained area for the size of that septic; also, it should actually be just as lush as the rest(ha ha 'the grass grows greener over the septic)

nothing as far as i know is buried in the perfect three by six spot; i live right next to it, have seen all the work that has been done to it( i don't get out much lol). plus, why would it happen in high summer, that spot just being, well, 'sered' is the only thing i can describe it the grass had been wiped out of moisture

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:14 PM
a reply to: julia53

If you have a septic tank, or french drain type situation for some part of it, you would have a symmetrical hole with either a tank, or some other leach/filter boxes. A backhoe will dig it out nice and rectangular hole and fill it with drain rock/gravel, or some kind of vault/tank.

Since this (gravel) is the substrate up until just several inches below the soil level, there is not near as much depth for roots to grow and water to remain. The soil dries out much quicker and the grass will suffer before everywhere else.

Since rock/gravel is a heat sink, (a tank acts in a similar manner except with the air portion as an additional insulator), the ground remains warmer and snow melts quicker. Also the water drains quicker allowing the snow to melt even faster.

It should be easy enough to probe the spot with a pointed probe used in locating such things, or even a sharpened piece of rebar. Alternatively, just dig a hole a foot or two down.

Who knows, maybe its an old grave.
edit on 25-1-2015 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:22 PM
One thing you could try is having a sample of the soil analyzed. Possibly a nursery or garden center could do it or point you to someone who can. Farmers do this to determine which fertilizers to apply. The tester may be able to tell you what is contaminating it preventing growth.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:35 PM
Looks just like the spot over my septic tank.

That is a better indicator of spring here than the groundhog seeing it's shadow.
edit on 25-1-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:35 PM
...and I was thinking I was going to see a picture of a someone's pet playing in the snow,
. On the serious side, some people who have witnessed UFO's landing in a field have noticed grass never grows in that location. I'm not saying it could have been a UFO landing spot, but who knows?

new topics

top topics