It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Golden Age of Psychopathy: Mass Predation of an Abulic Modern Society

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
"When psychopaths are the policy makers in government and the CEOs of big business, the way they think and reason - their ‘morality’ - becomes the common culture and ‘morality’ of the population over which they preside. When this happens, the mind of the population is infected in the way a pathogen infects a physical body. The only way to protect ourselves against this pathological thinking is to inoculate ourselves against it, and that is done by learning as much as possible about the nature of psychopathy and its influence on us. Essentially, this particular ‘disease’ thrives in an environment where its very existence is denied, and this denial is planned and deliberate" - -Laura Knight-Jadczyk

Excellent video. It uses research and idealogies of Mark Passio and Max Igan to summarize the concept that psychopaths have and do currently control the "soul farm" world.

"You're obliged to pretend respect for people and institutions you think absurd. You live attached in a cowardly fashion to moral and social conventions you despise, condemn, and know lack all foundation. It is that permanent contradiction between your ideas and desires and all the dead formalities and vain pretenses of your civilization which makes you sad, troubled and unbalanced. In that intolerable conflict you lose all joy of life and all feeling of personality, because at every moment they suppress and restrain and check the free play of your powers. That's the poisoned and mortal wound of the civilized world." - Octave Mirbeau

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: frozenspark

This sounds like manipulation to me:

1. All your leaders are psychopaths.

2. You are dissatisfied with everything and your leaders/ civilization is to blame.

2. Let's bring you round to our way of thinking.

I think for myself.

I look around my local area and see people just getting on with their lives. There is hardly any crime here. Most people are pretty polite and of good conscience. I compare that against other parts of the world and I say to myself "Thank goodness I live in this free place and have this quality of life, protected by generally good laws".

It is far from perfect. I don't feel threatened. I don't feel poor (when I see what others have I feel damned ashamed of myself that I should not appreciate all that I have).

You know, if you look at people and the world as if it is psychopathic that is what you will see and get. It is a self fulfilling perception.

I just wish that somehow us spoilt brats could live for a day and walk in the shoes of people trapped by true poverty and tyranny. We would come screaming back and never make another squeak about being hard done by.

I am basking in our current health as a democracy in the UK. It is democracy at work and I see the individual having a stronger voice than ever. The things I have said online before (though never anything violent because violence to me is not a way to achieve anything) and not once have I been threatened.

I think some people are not happy because their individual desires are not being reciprocated. Perhaps life is not sexy enough or hedonist enough for those people. Perhaps they are not happy with their lot. I am happy with my lot and my treatment in UK society by and large. On my Dad's side I am 2nd generation immigrant. I am bi polar and on that score the authorities treat me even BETTER than the public. Even my own family are not educated about bi polar and the professionals have been a source of shelter, understanding, financial assistance and therapy. Generally, the public label others in ignorance (lack of education) and I tell you the UK authorities are protection against the extremes that the public would go to untethered by law, order and democracy. I would not trust the general public as there is a tendency to the lynch mob mentality.

Onwards civilization. Onwards progress. We must keep LEARNING by our mistakes.

I just wanted to give my view on this as your post is trying to play on my anxieties and dissatisfaction. I can speak for myself and I do not recognise myself in any of the statements you have posted above.

All the best.
edit on 25-1-2015 by lonesomerimbaud because: extra bit.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

It is good news that someone is thinking about the influence of sociopaths/psychopaths on our society. I suspect that human recources of certain companies select people with those 'abillities' for certain positions within their company. And who knows how far this goes when we are speaking of departments in government.

I am not sure what the difference is between a sociopath and psychopath, I think that such people are not necessary criminals. What I do know is that such people should not have power over people.

If for example a world government is ever to work they should never allow a sociopath/ psychopath post in high offices. Better yet.. they should develop a biological/ chemical test which can determine if someone has these 'qualities'.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Why is modern leadership any less psychopathic than leadership of old?

I would argue that wealth and power breeds sociopathy and psychopathy, and because social hierarchies are natural in primates, that this behavior we find so abhorrent is simply natural human behavior.

I would go further and say we are apparently a long way from any real change from this base behavior, because psychopathy serves our species in ways we don't understand (or want to accept) yet; we have barely scratched the surface in understanding psychopathy much less so-called 'normal' non-psychopathic behavior. Most people thinking 'psychopath' envision serial killers and/or crazy people. In reality, psychopaths have always existed in our species, and make up around one percent of the population. That's a lot of people. We are starting to entertain the idea that psychopaths may serve some function in the evolution of human beings. As mentioned, they often become our leaders. Of course, people will shy away from anything that doesn't serve our dualistic idealisms, our good and evil narratives. So the idea of the worst of our species serving any sort of purposeful existence to humans is repugnant. Imho, nature doesn't reflect dualism paradigms, and psychopathy is probably a pretty good example of that.
edit on 25-1-2015 by Calalini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: lonesomerimbaud

This sounds like manipulation to me:

1. All your leaders are psychopaths.

2. You are dissatisfied with everything and your leaders/ civilization is to blame.

2. Let's bring you round to our way of thinking.

I think for myself.

I look around my local area and see people just getting on with their lives. There is hardly any crime here. Most people are pretty polite and of good conscience. I compare that against other parts of the world and I say to myself "Thank goodness I live in this free place and have this quality of life, protected by generally good laws".

It is far from perfect. I don't feel threatened. I don't feel poor (when I see what others have I feel damned ashamed of myself that I should not appreciate all that I have).

You know, if you look at people and the world as if it is psychopathic that is what you will see and get. It is a self fulfilling perception.

I just wish that somehow us spoilt brats could live for a day and walk in the shoes of people trapped by true poverty and tyranny. We would come screaming back and never make another squeak about being hard done by.

I am basking in our current health as a democracy in the UK. It is democracy at work and I see the individual having a stronger voice than ever. The things I have said online before (though never anything violent because violence to me is not a way to achieve anything) and not once have I been threatened.

I think some people are not happy because their individual desires are not being reciprocated. Perhaps life is not sexy enough or hedonist enough for those people. Perhaps they are not happy with their lot. I am happy with my lot and my treatment in UK society by and large. On my Dad's side I am 2nd generation immigrant. I am bi polar and on that score the authorities treat me even BETTER than the public. Even my own family are not educated about bi polar and the professionals have been a source of shelter, understanding, financial assistance and therapy. Generally, the public label others in ignorance (lack of education) and I tell you the UK authorities are protection against the extremes that the public would go to untethered by law, order and democracy. I would not trust the general public as there is a tendency to the lynch mob mentality.

Onwards civilization. Onwards progress. We must keep LEARNING by our mistakes.

I just wanted to give my view on this as your post is trying to play on my anxieties and dissatisfaction. I can speak for myself and I do not recognise myself in any of the statements you have posted above.

All the best.

Agreed!

edit on 25-1-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

Why so combative? This is merely a conceptual topic. By the way - I grew up in a poverty stricken country.. I am thankful for living in better conditions now. I certainly don't need to take that lecture from someone from UK. I am not depressed or spoiled, and I do not fuel my depression with this material - and it's ridiculous for you to say that.

I want to share a video I found interesting, that analyzes our exploitive society (especially here in America, not your lovely UK) and provides some ideas why we live in a world where we are encouraged to compete and prey on each other.

Let's go ahead an undermine some other thread... mmmkay?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Calalini

But what about those who were taken advantaged by sociopaths? I mean we have a lot of people who were abused by sociopaths. I'm not just talking about sociopath killers by the way by sociopaths who simply put people down by harassment.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
i had just listened (last night) to a video along the same lines, also involving the work of Laura Knight-Jadczyk. there were moments that were brilliant, unfortunately mixed with the idea that specific world views were so psychopathic that the only solution was eradication of it/those who held those views. this is better known as calling for genocide. to me, that is just as psychopathic as the original problem.

the REAL problem is that we are all suffering from lack of real knowledge. any problem you can name, has at its foundation, lack of real knowledge. but because most of us disagree on what real knowledge would sound like/look like/or behave like, in application, it's a nearly insurmountable social ill that almost always resolves down to genocide, at various levels of society. why do we have to keep repeating that? it's a twisted waste of human life and potential.

edit on 25-1-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

mental and emotional illness is still very much misunderstood. for example, i have a theory that the inhabitants of the inner cities of the usa are all suffering from generational post traumatic stress disorder. instead of getting the correct medical care for the problem, they are cycled into the worst possible place to put people with mental or emotional problems -- the prison system, where they are worked as cheap slave labor and abused even further. that entire system is entirely reliant on the idea that mental and emotional illness is somehow a choice.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Calalini
Why is modern leadership any less psychopathic than leadership of old?

Because mass media provides the channels that allow sociopaths to manipulate the masses much more quickly, and on a much larger scale, than ever before.

Look at what happened in Paris.

Leaders came together to organize a demonstration for the "freedom" of the press, and Charlie Hebdo, and followed that two days later by showing up at gunpoint and arresting a comedian for a tweet.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have maintained for years, the inmates are running the asylum, and have been for a very long time. This is why, as a society, our perception of reality is so skewed, we are often unable to distinguish fact from fantasy. Or truth from deception.

edit on 1/25/2015 by Klassified because: post too soon

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I have maintained for years, the inmates are running the asylum, and have been for a very long time. This is why, as a society, our perception of reality is so skewed, we are often unable to distinguish fact from fantasy. Or truth from deception.

it's further complicated by whether or not what is considered "fact" and "fiction" at the mainstream or even alternative levels, are themselves anymore factual or fictional. it's a mess.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

From what I understand the basic difference between psychopathy & sociopathy is that a psychopath actually believes that there is nothing wrong with them; they are in denial and use elaborate justifications for their behavior or argue that everyone is like them "deep down" whereas sociopaths know that they are different and work to hide it. In terms of how they act by appearnces they are not much different. Any psych. degree holders feel free to way in & correct me.

I agree I believe any one seeking a public office should be tested and the results public record prior to running for office.
If a candidate refuses they could still run but the refusal should also be public.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I had to leave and go look up what abulic meant.

dictionary.reference.com...

The law of free will is being stolen by fraud, the victim tricked by a created fiction.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

"psychopathy serves our species in ways we don't understand (or want to accept) yet"

I have a theory on this: During times of extreme SHTF or population bottlenecking it could be argued that sociopathy could be advantageous to ones survival; a person unflinchimgly willing to do whatever is necessary to survive thus sociopathy could be a survival mechanism for the species. During normal. civilized times though sociopathy is intolerable to the society. Here I am talking about genetic sociopathy and not learned behavior. The ratio of sociopaths withina population is thought to be 1 in 100.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LafingWithTears

"psychopathy serves our species in ways we don't understand (or want to accept) yet"

I have a theory on this: During times of extreme SHTF or population bottlenecking it could be argued that sociopathy could be advantageous to ones survival; a person unflinchimgly willing to do whatever is necessary to survive thus sociopathy could be a survival mechanism for the species. During normal. civilized times though sociopathy is intolerable to the society. Here I am talking about genetic sociopathy and not learned behavior. The ratio of sociopaths withina population is thought to be 1 in 100.

the issue with being willing to do whatever is necessary to survive also creates problems because it encourages lying and other social ills, that just exacerbate whatever problem was there in the first place.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Wow that was fabulous and its all true.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
There's a Native American quote that haunts me: A man's heart away from nature grows hard"- Standing bear Oglala Tribe. What are we all running to? Do we really want to become robots? Are we missing something? Spirit perhaps? Shamanism? A man that lives in the forest harms no one. Our "civilized society" has nearly killed the being which gives us life: Earth. If we can't take care of her, we don't deserve to have her. We are connected to machines, yet disconnected from anything real.
edit on 25-1-2015 by Oannes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: frozenspark
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

Why so combative? This is merely a conceptual topic. By the way - I grew up in a poverty stricken country.. I am thankful for living in better conditions now. I certainly don't need to take that lecture from someone from UK. I am not depressed or spoiled, and I do not fuel my depression with this material - and it's ridiculous for you to say that.

I want to share a video I found interesting, that analyzes our exploitive society (especially here in America, not your lovely UK) and provides some ideas why we live in a world where we are encouraged to compete and prey on each other.

Let's go ahead an undermine some other thread... mmmkay?

I think his/her response was a bit out of bounds as well, and not even that on-topic. So other people have it worse? Yeah, they live under the rule of psychopaths just as well, big whoop? :/

I think they missed the point of your OP, namely (correct me if I'm wrong) globally speaking, those who have the most influential positions of power, are most likely showcasing symptoms of psychopathy, and I agree with that.

Society does not need to be psychopathic, it merely reflects the needs and behaviors of the actual psychopath that is directing the whole thing.

If you're an innocent normal minded actor in the play of some sick twisted director, I would argue YOU are not the insane one, even if you're directed to pretend murder.

GREED is a dead giveaway and many if not most people in power are greedy as f***. They can never have enough, and it's not quite a unique human attribute, but when it's practices in THOSE amounts I would say it gets pretty dangerous for a species as a whole. These people should not be in positions of power! Society needs to be blunt about facts like these! You have mental issues, that is OK, the majority of the population actually does! But if you're a goddamn cash horder, maybe you should just work for that money and learn some damn responsibility for it?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oannes
There's a Native American quote that haunts me: A man's heart away from nature grows hard"- Standing bear Oglala Tribe. What are we all running to? Do we really want to become robots? Are we missing something? Spirit perhaps? Shamanism? A man that lives in the forest harms no one. Our "civilized society" has nearly killed the being which gives us life: Earth. If we can't take care of her, we don't deserve to have her. We are connected to machines, yet disconnected from anything real.

My favorite one would be:

When the Last Tree Is Cut Down, the Last Fish Eaten, and the Last Stream Poisoned, You Will Realize That You Cannot Eat Money

I really wish the psychos in power would get that quote tattood on their inner eyelids in fluorescent ink.

Paper money wouldn't be all that bad when you compare it to them eating a digital bank account though...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join