It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush always thinks of harming our country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This is a quote from G.W. Bush:

"They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country... and neither do we" - George W. Bush

This quote has always disturbed me. I believe what he said to mean he's always thinking of ways to harm us. What do you think?

[edit on 15-12-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It was one of his most famous Freudian slips. He has quite the difficult time keeping his subconscious out of his mouth. It shows there is some kind of internal struggle going on there. He's knows what is right and what is wrong. Even he, dim son, probably knows his administration has gone so far from what's right and what's honorable in their dealings, he just can't control tongue. It's scary.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It's just the Yogi Berra in him coming out...you know, like "The future ain't what it used to be" or "You can observe a lot just by watching."

I wouldn't make too much out of it. There's no way he's thinking of ways to intentionally harm our country.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
It's just the Yogi Berra in him coming out...you know, like "The future ain't what it used to be" or "You can observe a lot just by watching."

I wouldn't make too much out of it. There's no way he's thinking of ways to intentionally harm our country.

Don't be so sure of that jsobecky. Anyone can play devils advocate.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
As much as I dislike the man, I'm fairly sure it was just a slip up, as his mind isn't exactly what one would call "keen". He's proven his difficulty with the English language time and time again, and this is just one of MANY examples. By the way, there are now enough "Bushisms" to fill at least 4 calendars, with a different one for each day. That my friends, is extremely sad.

I can't wait till 2008. I still can't believe that our representative to the world is a bona-fide moron.

Yeah, yeah, I know, the "Bushies" are just itching to say "but he's an Ivy League grad!". Can it. You know as well as I do, that the degree was bought and paid for by pop, and that even then he barely scraped by with a C average.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
As much as I dislike the man, I'm fairly sure it was just a slip up, as his mind isn't exactly what one would call "keen". He's proven his difficulty with the English language time and time again, and this is just one of MANY examples.

Yeah but his father from what I recall doesn't slip up on his speeches. The reason I say that is because I belive G.W. mentioned this in his speech in accordinance with the New World Order.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder

Yeah but his father from what I recall doesn't slip up on his speeches.

Boy do I miss 41's leadership.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Oh, I can be sure of that, mr. mulder. Do you know why I can be so sure?

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Oh, I can be sure of that, mr. mulder. Do you know why I can be so sure?

Sure. Tell me. I'd love to know.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Yeah but his father from what I recall doesn't slip up on his speeches.

I respected his father. Despite public opinion, I think he was a great president, and an absolute wiz at foreign policy (given his background, as much should be expected). Unfortunately, the apple fell far from the tree, rolled down the hill, got all bruised up, and eventually went down the river...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It can't be both ways folks. On one hand people say the guy is an idiot and can't speak his own language. When he does say something stupid like this, it's like "OMG, he is thinking of ways to harm the US" Which is it? He's an idiot, or is he an evil genius?

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I guess this is the appropriate place for this:

There's a teacher in a small Texas town. She asks her class how many of them are Bush fans. Not really knowing what a Bush fan is, but wanting to be liked by the teacher, all the kids raise their hands except one boy, Johnny. The teacher asks Johnny why he has decided to be different. Johnny says, "I'm not a bush fan." The teacher says, "Why aren't you a bush fan?" Johnny says, "I'm an Al Gore fan"
The teacher asks why he's an Al Gore fan. The boy says, "Well, my mom's an Al Gore fan and my dad's an Al Gore fan, so I'm an Al Gore fan!" The teacher is kind of angry, because this is Texas, so she says, "What if you're mom was a moron and you're dad was an idiot, what would that make you?" Johnny says, "That would make me a Bush fan."

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It has always been clear to me especially after the 2004 elections.

America loves the good'ol American dufus and will always dislike the dorks. Dorks are the kind of guys who always know how to put downers on things such as fun interesting conversations. Dorks will always be the first to point out that every Saturday which passes, brings us one day closer to a Monday. While Dufuses are so lovable with their cute dumbo ears and funny facial expressions, awe they're so lovable! plus they always know how to say something truely stupid at all the wrong times.

Jesusland will just brush off their dufus and continue on loving the funny little manipulative guy!

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

He's an idiot, or is he an evil genius?

He's an idiot and a puppet of evil geniuses....

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yeah, Bush I was a great foreign policy president. Much more humble and realistic than dim son. Regardless of what I think I know about G.H.W.Bush's dirty dealings, I have a hard time not liking him. Afterall, he was my commander-in-chief and executed the Gulf War with a rare precision. Ya gotta respect that. Dubya really should've listened more to his earthly father and put his life-long rebelliousness aside before opening up this god-forsaken Iraqi pandora's box.

I was also quite intreagued with Poppy Bush's remarks at Reagan's funeral. They seemed remarkably sincere, if not, touching. He actually got choked up and could barely speak. The media always portrayed the two as being not too friendly.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Yeah, Bush I was a great foreign policy president. Much more humble and realistic than dim son.

Good one .

Let's not forget his other great forgein policies in South America...

Crack for guns?

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
What he was meaning is the inteligence agencies never stop thinking how they are going to harm America and possible ways in which america can be harmed.

Sorry i had to spell it out for you guys

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanguard
What he was meaning is the inteligence agencies never stop thinking how they are going to harm America and possible ways in which america can be harmed.

Sorry i had to spell it out for you guys

No. He mis-spoke.

top topics

join