It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops aren’t the Only Ones who can Assault Innocent People with Impunity, Their Dogs Can Too

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

If that was any other dog it would be put down and the owner would have to pay any and all medical bills.

That family should sue the cop as a citizen or press charges on her for negligence. How does a dog escape from her truck? Why is atrained attack dog not secured in a kennel? Cops are just normal people.... The only thing different is their job. If this happened while off duty then she could be sued as a civi. I could press any and all charges I could on her and the mutt. I would also push to have the dog put down. Plus I would start a petition in the neighborhood to have her move away... If anything that will show that she is no longer welcome in the neighborhood.

Or why don't they hire cops who have higher iq's seems like police are not as smart as the average person. Oh wait they won't do that because they say cops with hi iq's get bored with the job to easily....

I hate this I feel so bad for that family...

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The strange thing is, if any of us literally trained our dogs to hunt people down and then this happened...

We'd get about 5 years & the dog would be put down instantly.

So there is no denying that there is more than one justice system.

& personally I don't think any of those systems should even be associated with "justice"!
edit on 25-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
[...] Just because she's a cop doesn't mean she's above the law. [...]

I wish I could believe this- but based on all of the officers outright breaking the law, getting caught, and getting away with it, I just can't.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeargh

There is a second level to this situation.
There are still a lot of police departments that do their
jobs uprightly and well. It is difficult for a dog to read situations
that a person might misunderstand.

There are many dog lovers that have no idea of what its like to be attacked.
I do. I don't hate dogs, but I hate to see people make excuses for dangerous dogs.
Curiously, a properly raised pitbull is a joy to have around, but unless their natural
tendiencies are well directed and their dispositions are protected, they are inherently
dangerous.

Another point that is often forgotten is that police are paid to confront dangerous
situations. They have to make split second decisions that may be second guessed
forever. They should be given the benefit of the doubt. Still they are accountable.

In the case of this dog that started the discussion, there appears to be deficiencies
in it's training. The dog went on duty mode when it exited its cage.
It hadn't learned to ignore threats unless directed. The dog needs to be euthanized
and the entire K9 procedure examined.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Man if that were my boy getting bit by untamed pigs mutt,it would get a shotgun Blast X2..

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
She wasn't acting in the role of a police officer on duty at the time this happened so of course immunity shouldn't apply. In my view it's the same as her leaving her service weapon unsecured on her front porch and some girl scout showing up at the door finding it and injuring someone.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The situation should be treated no differently than if any other normal citizen had a dog that escaped and harmed a child. There are thousands of cases just like this one where a person's dog got loose and bit someone, so there there is ample history to research and come up with a fair ruling.

The fact that this woman and the dog worked for law enforcement is completely irrelevant. The attack did not happen while the animal was on duty and the kid the dog bit was not a criminal, so anything pertaining to law enforcement has zero bearing on the attack.

Euthanize the dog just like they would any other out of control violent dog. Charge the officer with whatever charge fits the crime of 1. letting the dog roam freely 2. not properly restraining a dog that is known to be dangerous 3. endangering the safety of a minor. There are all charges an average citizen would be facing had the exact same situation happened to them.

The police are not above the law. If we, as citizens, do not stand up and demand justice they will soon be as above the law as they currently seem to think they are. Instead of getting free passes for crimes they commit, police should be held to a higher standard and receive harsher punishment than an average citizen with like crimes. Police are given great power and with that power comes responsibility. If they are unable to handle the responsibility of their position, they have no business holding that power and it should be stripped from them while they are punished in the same manner they would have punished anyone else.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeargh

My only problem with that, is that if training and instincts kicked in for the Dog, then why was it prone to attacking a small child?

edit on 25-1-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Repeat after me - "When a police officer does it, that means it's not illegal."

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx

The police are not above the law. If we, as citizens, do not stand up and demand justice they will soon be as above the law as they currently seem to think they are. Instead of getting free passes for crimes they commit, police should be held to a higher standard and receive harsher punishment than an average citizen with like crimes. Police are given great power and with that power comes responsibility. If they are unable to handle the responsibility of their position, they have no business holding that power and it should be stripped from them while they are punished in the same manner they would have punished anyone else.

Time and again we are shown the police are above the law.

We need to remember the lessons of Milgram's Experiment to understand why the police will abuse their authority.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I got a great idea for this sort of thing. Since the police are above the law, let's put the entire precinct in formation one morning.

Put the dog on a dais, and announce "This is happening because the handler is incompetent and the dog is poorly trained. Next time it happens, you'll lose all your K9s. Since we can't punish YOU, the dog will pay for it". Then cap the dog right in front of them all. Let the dog sit on the dais a few days with a sign "This is YOUR fault"

And if it happens again, they lose all their dogs for a year.

Won't take long, police across the country will suddenly find a way to control the dogs.

It goes back to no feedback, no change. If she gets away with it, no punishment, then the message is sent that "Hey, it doesn't matter how crappy an officer or dog handler you are, NOTHING WILL BE DONE, even if you're so incompetent the dog eats the face off your next door neighbor". And that sets a tone that's, frankly, dangerous for all us non-LEOs.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Surprise surprise, a cop who feels that the law does not apply to her..if it were joe publics dog it would of been assasinated in front of the children by now.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join