It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Charlie Hebdo OK, but not Dieudonné ?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
After his announcement, 3 weeks ago, that he wouldn't draw Mohamed cartoon anymore ; Renald Luzier - aka Luz - the top Charlie Hebdo cartoonist now announced that he will definitively leave the journal as of September this year.

Top cartoonist Luz to leave Charlie Hebdo

Renald Luzier said his departure was unconnected to internal tensions at the publication, but rather that the job without his slain colleagues had become "too much to bear".

"This is a very personal choice," Luz, who joined Charlie Hebdo in 1992, said in an interview with French newspaper Liberation.

"Each issue is torture because the others are gone. Spending sleepless nights summoning the dead, wondering what Charb, Cabu, Honore, Tignous would have done is exhausting," the cartoonist said, referring to his colleagues killed on January 7th.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Dieudonné - style ?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
French Prime Minister Valls in spat with writer over Charlie Hebdo 'impostures'

French Prime Minister Manuel Valls is locked in ideological battle with an intellectual who has described the nation's reaction to the Charlie Hebdo killings as a pseudo-secular "imposture". After Valls took the exceptional measure of attacking him in a newspaper op-ed piece, historian and sociologist Emmanuel Todd hit back with a charge of "Pétainism".

Interview (in french, sorry) of Emmanuel Todd last week on BFMTV :

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
After the holocaust cartoon contest, Iran strikes again with a mock ISIS cartoon contest :

Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Where is Pam Geller....she is a true warrior for " Free Speech "

I'm sure that Pam Geller is truly outraged by this heinous attack on Free Speech.

Perhaps she will hold a Cartoon Contest in France with cartoons depicting " Holocaust Victims " in hilarious scenarios.

/end sarcasm

Edit : Does anyone know why I can give some posts stars, but not others. The original post for example, I didn't have the option to give it a star, but the one underneath it was available. There are a few more that don't have the option to give a star.
edit on 27-5-2015 by Noobarino because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noobarino
Where is Pam Geller....she is a true warrior for " Free Speech "

I'm sure that Pam Geller is truly outraged by this heinous attack on Free Speech.

Perhaps she will hold a Cartoon Contest in France with cartoons depicting " Holocaust Victims " in hilarious scenarios.

/end sarcasm

From my Belgian pov, I found a surprising coincidence that the Dutch populist Geert Wilders was at the expo when the shooting took place.

originally posted by: Noobarino
Edit : Does anyone know why I can give some posts stars, but not others. The original post for example, I didn't have the option to give it a star, but the one underneath it was available. There are a few more that don't have the option to give a star.

That's because the said member is not on ATS anymore ...

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
ATS exclusive : Bernard Henri-Levy victim of yet another pieing by Belgian anarchist Noël Godin.

The Belgian anarchist Noël Godin served one of his famous pies to BHL on Saturday 30th May during a meeting in Namur - Belgium.

Noël Godin stated later to Belga - the belgian press agency :

Siné a été accusé par Philippe Val, ex-directeur de la rédaction de Charlie Hebdo, de propos antisémites alors qu’il s’est battu toute sa vie contre cela. BHL, qui considère Siné comme un sale anarchiste, était parmi les témoins à charge lors du procès. Aujourd’hui, Siné a 83 balais et est en fauteuil roulant. Je savais que rien ne lui ferait plus plaisir qu’on lui dédie le gag.

Siné was accused by Philippe Val, former head of Charlie Hebdo, to be an antisémite while he fought his entire life against that. BHL who consider Siné as a nasty anarchist, was among the accusation witnesses at the trial. Today, Siné is 83 and in a wheelchair. I knew nothing would please him more than a dedicated joke.

Noël Godin

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Yet another person in France to learn the hard way that you'd better not criticize Israel.
This time it's the CEO of Telecom company Orange who is making unexpected waves.

France opposes Israel boycott amid Orange row

After French telecoms giant Orange said it wanted to withdraw its brand from Israel, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has demanded that Paris distance itself from the company's "miserable" decision.

That was a couple of days ago, after intensive media bashing, the said individual will probably soon be back in the ranks :

Orange boss invited to Israel over ‘boycott’ row

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Ay Caramba !
It seems like the season of the 'jokes-on-the-jews' is over too in Spain.
A newly elected official from the Spanish Indignados movement is in the middle of a media storm because of black humorous tweets he posted back in 2014 and 2011.
Article in spanish : Piden la dimisión de un concejal de Carmena por comentarios antisemitas

And now, as expected, public apologies are issued : Madrid official's apology over anti-semitic tweet

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Can I Say That? Stand-Up Comedy in the Age of Political Correctness

France Moves to Make ‘Conspiracy Theories’ Illegal by Government Decree

Is it really a surprise if the website of Dieudonné, Quenel+, is offering echo to subjects that are also often debated on ATS ?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Claude Vorilhon - aka Rael - leader and founder of Raelism cult, awarded his honorary ambassador title to Dieudonné M'Bala M'Bala.
This honorary title is issued by the Raelians since 1991. Dieudonné joins an unlikely list of recipients ranging from Madonna to Michael Moore. Jimmy Carter, Hugo Chavez, Warren Buffet, George Soros, Matt Damon, Stephen Hawking ...

The title was awarded 'for his relentless fight for freedom of expression in France.'

Article in french :
La secte Raël fait de Dieudonné son "guide honoraire"

edit on 7-7-2015 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: filled out

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
As the OP is no longer available to debate his position on this topic, it is now closed.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join