It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lunatic logic of gun control.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
You do realise that on this side of the Atlantic your obsession with guns looks very sad.......... What a society, no-one is safe unless you are armed to the teeth. WOW...Sad.

You do realize that on this side of the Atlantic your obsession with soccer and soccer hooliganism and it`s associated mayhem looks very sad.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

Do you really want to bring up the reaction/obsession to sports?!

Our obsession of the NFL is on par, I would know, I am part of the problem.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

You do realise that on this side of the Atlantic your obsession with guns looks very sad.......... What a society, no-one is safe unless you are armed to the teeth. WOW...Sad.

Why do you think we care how we look to you?

We don't.

By the way, owning a gun isn't "armed to the teeth." It's simply owning a gun.

You do realize that all the elite ruling class in Europe is protected by people with guns, right? It's only the peasants who are restricted in how they are allowed to protect themselves.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Unlike Scotland, our forefathers weren't happy answering to the Crown so they used their firearms to fix that little problem.

What works for you doesn't work for everyone.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
If they do ban the second amendment what will most Americans do? NOTHING but hand in your guns thats what.

Some people are all talk and no action, while others just act. . . .

If you dont hand them in in such a hypothetical scenario, you go to jail, and are most likely considered a terrorist.

Its a very possible scenario, and I dont think most who own guns are ready to deal with that reality, should it ever manifest.

If you spent any time around gun owners, you'd realize how wrong you are... but alas, you probably run in different circles.

You speak of that which you do not understand.

Before you start flagging me to the mods, I'm not attacking you... I'm just saying you speak from a position of ignorance because you don't spend time around gun owners. Don't make statements about a group of people if you don't know anything about them. That's stereotyping/bigotry.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

If they do ban the second amendment what will most Americans do? NOTHING but hand in your guns thats what.
Some people are all talk and no action, while others just act. . . .
If you dont hand them in in such a hypothetical scenario, you go to jail, and are most likely considered a terrorist.
Its a very possible scenario, and I dont think most who own guns are ready to deal with that reality, should it ever manifest.

If you spent any time around gun owners, you'd realize how wrong you are... but alas, you probably run in different circles.
You speak of that which you do not understand.
Before you start flagging me to the mods, I'm not attacking you... I'm just saying you speak from a position of ignorance because you don't spend time around gun owners. Don't make statements about a group of people if you don't know anything about them. That's stereotyping/bigotry.

Lets not make this a discussion about me or what I understand, discuss the topic not me. Sheesh

Just so you know everyone I know including my entire family has multiple guns, I was target practicing and hiting targets at 8 years of age with a 357 and a 9mm Beretta, so shows how much you can read into someone.

I am just thinking what will everyone do if the law suddently changes?
Nothing but hand the guns on in is my answer so far, I dont think anyone would be willing to go down in a blaze of glory or go to jail if guns were ever against the law.

Would most Americans give up thier guns, I think yes. Would they want to give them up, of course not, but if it happened they would obey the law.
Only a few would hold onto them and become fugitives in my opinion.
edit on 26-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord
There are an estimated 100000 non compliant gun owners in connecticut,so I guess they are fugitives,right?Can you imagine the non compliance in Texas or montana and the western states if what you predict should come to pass?I don`t see any of the Southern states complying either.You may get what you want but the United States will no longer be viable as an entity.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
So true, and to bolster your entire point even further, and to the degree of obscenity by the left, they instituted "gun free zones" to which murderers who never observed a gun law in their life, went straight to, so they could kill with impunity thanks to the left's logic. AND THEY ARE STILL THERE WAITING FOR THE NEXT ASSASSIN.

These people are so incredibly stupid, that in order to begin to understand their reasoning, you would first have to undergo a frontal lobotomy.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I'm all for gun control. Proper grip, steady aim, and focus on the front sight.

But seriously, does anyone really believe that criminals research Local, State and Federal legislation on firearms before going out to knock over the local 7-11? I'm sure an armed robber in New York is very careful not to load their limited-to-ten-round-magazines with no more than seven, as per the NY SAFE Act.

If you believe that, I've got this great ocean front property in Arizona you may be interested in buying.

And since its said that a picture is worth a thousand words....

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

There are an estimated 100000 non compliant gun owners in connecticut,so I guess they are fugitives,right?Can you imagine the non compliance in Texas or montana and the western states if what you predict should come to pass?I don`t see any of the Southern states complying either.You may get what you want but the United States will no longer be viable as an entity.

Its not what I want, so dont make silly assumptions about me. I am asking the question as to what Americans will do, be labeled criminals or hand the guns in. I dont think anyone wants to be a criminal so I think most law abiding Americans will hand the guns in.
However the few that dont would most likely be considered terrorists.

This can come as Martial Law as well as other small nickel and dime measures in the form of new gun laws to take away as many guns as possible similar to what happened during hurricane Katrina.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Hold on a minute i've seen news footage of people rioting after college sports games in America. Violence over sporting evnts is not restricted to the UK.
I do think people in the UK find it very hard to understand the US relationship with guns. we have very different cultures.
But as much as you may think it's weird for us to not want guns, and you are offended by our position, it does also get annoying to read american views on non gun societies, that we;'re are all wimps or cowards or sheeple.
Sometimes society makes decisions based on the idea that our government will not herd us all into concentration camps and shoot us.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

GB lawmakers have taken some pretty bold steps against freedoms there though, and they didn't do that before guns were grabbed and melted down, it happened after that.
Now over there you can go to jail for saying a politician there is a corrupt pile of rubbish or similar things, even when it's the truth, and it usually is the truth here and there.

They wouldn't have made a law like that before they took the guns.

After governments take the guns, they begin to tear down freedoms until they just get sick of you altogether and start implementing firing squads.

Laugh if you want, but it is exactly what happened after every government in history who took all the guns, then began the reduction of freedoms until they started to just kill civilians.

You haven't quite made it to that point yet, but watching the steady progression of loss of liberty there, it will be coming eventually.

Wait till some real tyrant gets elected and then see it go up in exponential speed.

If Obama already had all the guns banned over here, just imagine the sick and twisted things he would be doing right now. He has already attempted quite a few things that would have gotten him tarred and feathered 200 years ago. The congress and the senate would have done the honors themselves by popular acclimation, and based just on principle alone.

Every government in history that killed millions of their own unarmed populations all scoffed at this when people publicly warned others about these very things. When the guns were gone, they were the first to be executed.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups is 1,500.

That's accidental death, show the true statistics, how many doctors have murdered patients compared to how many guns have murdered people.

I'm all for guns but them statistics don't represent anything logical.

I can answer that. Not one. Ever. In the history of mankind, never has a gun even discharged by itself, let alone, deliberately fired and killed anyone. Not ever. Even once.

Now, people who might be bat # crazy have taken weapons, like a gun, and used it to kill others, but that isn't what you asked.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

What are you talking about "taking our guns"? we can have guns over here, just not handguns.
I learned to shoot a rifle at my school, my school had it's own armoury and i used to stay behind every friday with the Cadets to use the school rifle range. I could apply for a licence for a rifle now if i wanted.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Just my opinion the 2nd amendment will one day be a thing of the past.

And, sadly, most likely the first and 4th and 5th amendments will likely follow.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CloudsTasteMetallic
I'm all for gun control. Proper grip, steady aim, and focus on the front sight.

But seriously, does anyone really believe that criminals research Local, State and Federal legislation on firearms before going out to knock over the local 7-11? I'm sure an armed robber in New York is very careful not to load their limited-to-ten-round-magazines with no more than seven, as per the NY SAFE Act.

If you believe that, I've got this great ocean front property in Arizona you may be interested in buying.

And since its said that a picture is worth a thousand words....

Your memes reminded me of this one:

Ignorant of history is what I can say about most gun banning proponents.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson

Hold on a minute i've seen news footage of people rioting after college sports games in America. Violence over sporting evnts is not restricted to the UK.
I do think people in the UK find it very hard to understand the US relationship with guns. we have very different cultures.
But as much as you may think it's weird for us to not want guns, and you are offended by our position, it does also get annoying to read american views on non gun societies, that we;'re are all wimps or cowards or sheeple.
Sometimes society makes decisions based on the idea that our government will not herd us all into concentration camps and shoot us.

I've done quite a bit of shooting in the UK. There is a "gun culture" of firearms enthusiasts in the UK who hate the laws and think their fellow countrymen are ninnies but they tend to be an insular lot as a gunowner in the UK is like a gay man in the American South in the 1950's. They exist but hide.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

I dont think it's that bad, but the majority of people in the UK would not want any relaxtion over the gun laws, we're quite happy with the ones we have.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

I've done quite a bit of shooting in the UK. There is a "gun culture" of firearms enthusiasts in the UK who hate the laws and think their fellow countrymen are ninnies but they tend to be an insular lot as a gunowner in the UK is like a gay man in the American South in the 1950's. They exist but hide.

Ninnies? Mate,We have never had a love for guns we just don't need them or want them

Different cultures,you enjoy your guns but understand other countries are glad they are not easily available

For the record if I was American I would have one for home defence seeing as so many weapons are in your country

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Ninnies? Mate,We have never had a love for guns we just don't need them or want them

Different cultures,you enjoy your guns but understand other countries are glad they are not easily available

For the record if I was American I would have one for home defence seeing as so many weapons are in your country

That's what the Brits who are into guns who call the Brits who don't like them--ninnies. Believe it or not, there are a lot of Brits who are into guns--competition, hunting, collecting, etc. They are just outnumbered by those who don't. The UK used to have a fine sportsman tradition.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join