It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lunatic logic of gun control.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
After every horrific shooting in this country the left trots out the same old fallacy about loose gun control laws being responsible for carnage. But to anybody with half a brain this logic doesn't hold water. Here i have a short video explaining how the lefts logic towards guns is backwards and after seeing this,for my own well rounded view please explain to me how this video is wrong and gun control is right in stopping murder. Eagerly waiting response.
www.truthrevolt.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Guns are the last line of defense for civilians against tyranny. Take them away, the people submit or die.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I don't need the government. I govern my actions just as well as I control my gun.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
There is no moral authority or justification for ninny bureaucrats to forbid me from using a gun to protect myself from a thug who has a gun and wants to kill me.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: fartsmeller46

from the comments on the video.....

Doctors vs. Gun Owners
Doctors
(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.
(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.
Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services.

Now think about this:
Guns
(A) The number of gun owners in the US is 80,000,000. (Yes, that's 80 million)
(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups is 1,500.
(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owners is .000188.
Statistics courtesy of FBI
So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.'

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT Almost everyone has at least one doctor. This means you are over 900 times more likely to be killed by a doctor as a gun owner!!! Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

Out of concern for the public at large, I withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention!

funny stuff....

really going to have to look more into these statistics ....from the outside looking in i am becoming more convinced that maybe guns are needed for the average law abiding citizen in the states.....cant believe i just typed that......anyhow..moving on
edit on 24-1-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That's accidental death, show the true statistics, how many doctors have murdered patients compared to how many guns have murdered people.

I'm all for guns but them statistics don't represent anything logical.

edit on 24-1-2015 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Considering a debate hadn't even begun...

& that you started by calling people backward with less than half a brain for wanting gun control...

I'd be surprised if you get a response from the opposite end of the spectrum...

Obvious baiting...

edit on 24-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
There is no moral authority or justification for ninny bureaucrats to forbid me from using a gun to protect myself from a thug who has a gun and wants to kill me.

What savage and barbaric sentiment from someone who sees to treat the symptom not the cause. Maybe we need to look at the 'criminals' who want to kill you and see what caused them to get to that place before the rest of you 'innocent' gun owning psychopaths fulfill the murderous fantasies you all wait each day for.

The real concern is the people who believe in no gun control, that is true lunacy. Guns should not be allowed into our society at all, they leave only a trail of blood masked in patriotism.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That's accidental death, show the true statistics, how many doctors have murdered patients compared to how many guns have murdered people.

I'm all for guns but them statistics don't represent anything logical.

not the statistics from the comment i pasted....i put that up because it is funny,i am talking about the actual statistics.....from what i have been reading recently,partly from people here on ATS and partly from other places i am coming to the conclusion there is plenty wrong in the states and there are so many guns and crazy people it is in fact safer to have one than not....

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: honested3

What savage and barbaric sentiment from someone who sees to treat the symptom not the cause. Maybe we need to look at the 'criminals' who want to kill you and see what caused them to get to that place before the rest of you 'innocent' gun owning psychopaths fulfill the murderous fantasies you all wait each day for.

Not every "innocent" gun owner is a cop.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: honested3

Better a warrior than a fool.
I'm NOT a psychopath or they would have ALREADY stopped me along time ago.
But please whine your impotent DRIVEL while some thug WHO ALSO uses guns,tells YOU what to do and enjoy your pacifism.
I'll be MOST happy to take your EVERY curse as the compliment of a loyal follower.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: honested3

originally posted by: Jamie1

The real concern is the people who believe in no gun control, that is true lunacy. Guns should not be allowed into our society at all, they leave only a trail of blood masked in patriotism.

Honestly, If somebody is trying to kill me I don't really care about the "cause" of their savage and barbaric behavior.

I would be happy to end it with a gun -without being restricted by some intellectuals who decided to limit how I can protect myself.

By what moral authority do you wish to tell me how I can protect myself if I'm being attacked? Should young woman simply allow herself to be raped because a bureaucrat with a liberal agenda says she isn't allowed to own a gun?

That's sick.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Well said. That'll do, pig. That'll do.

edit on 25-1-2015 by skunkape23 because: comma

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I'd love to see someone fact check all of this.

It's still pretty funny though, counting guns vs population.

I'd like to see a statistic on how many gun owners in this country own ONLY one gun.
I'm not a gun nut- but I've got four. A shotgun, a rifle, and a 22 rifle and a 22 handgun for target practice. When I can afford it, I'll have a second handgun, too. That's five firearms for one non-nutter who wants to be comfortable the damn things...

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

What? You didn't hear.

If your going to be raped, they told you to piss on yourself and vomit. That is their idea of self defense.

NO, I am not joking. These are the people who want gun control and this is how they think.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

The gun control thing is related to disarming citizens because the government has or is planning to do a wrong to its people and they know they have something to hide and they want to prevent the people from throwing them out.

Governments have hitherto used concern for the physical security of the people as an argument to achieve their aims.

However, I reckon governments don't give a stuff about the physical security of their people. For me, this is proven by the fact that government don't give a stuff about the financial security of their people.

Apparently the US has about 45 million homeless people and I would suggest that there about about a similar number one month from or less from homelessness. Why does the government claim to care so much about the physical security of their people but they don't give a stuff about their financial security?

There are many sources of death in all countries and I have read that on this website that one is 29 times more likely to be killed by a cop than by a terrorist. I wont mention smoking. If the government really cared about the physical safety it its people it would be first things first would it not?

edit on 25-1-2015 by learnatic because: typo

edit on 25-1-2015 by learnatic because: typo

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

The gun control debate in America is pretty much a waste of time . Lets say that owning a gun without a need to do so (farmers etc) was outlawed . Only the good honest citizens would hand them back . Gang bangers , bank robbers , murderers etc aren't going to hand theirs back . Australia has limitations on guns , and especially self loading guns . This has worked well for us , but in Americas case the amount of guns out there would be impossible to recover . Sadly the reason for not instigating gun control is because you have no gun control .
edit on 25-1-2015 by hutch622 because: because

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Years of experience has taught me that a person with a polarized viewpoint will not have that viewpoint swayed by a debate on the internet.

In other words, arguing about gun control, religion, politics, abortion, war, or Coke vs Pepsi on the internet is a complete waste of time.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

heres the vid:

Americans wont be happy until there are no more guns.
edit on 25-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The type people that call for gun bans are the same type people that in a SHTF would.

1 take you 6 month food stores at gun point.

2 would claim they are disarming you for the public good while they had armed people to protect them.
This happened after Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, LA.

3 try to be the boss hog of the area Constitution be dammed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join