It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EJECTA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Saw this movie the other night and thought i would post about it.
Very weird and odd movie probably right up the alley for many ATS'ers. Kinda seemed SYFY channelish but a little better production.

The movie deals with aliens and a CME event (coronal mass ejection) The mention the carrington even in the begining but do not go into that event at all in the rest of the movie.

Aliens can be annoying, especially with all the probing and implanting they seem to do. Ejecta features a character that shows just why this is the case, especially if the aliens use the victims head as a radio conductor for their conversations. When people who complain about such things are normally seen as crazy, what happens if they are telling the truth? Then you get a film like Ejecta. Ejecta focuses on William Cassidy (Julian Richings) who at the beginning of the film is captured by an anonymous group wanting to know the truth about the aliens he says he has encountered. Watching footage found recorded by still missing Joe Sullivan (Adam Seybold) featuring the recent actions of the duo Dr. Tobin (Lisa Houle) tries to find the truth through questioning and some questionable forms of torture. Not finding the truth and becoming frustrated, she has no idea that the very thing she is trying to discover may not be that far away at all. Ejecta is a film that bugs me, because I like the concept and the actors are do a fine job, it’s just the script that in the end lets them down. An example of this would be down to the torturing of William. The first methods they use make some sense, but they soon find that he survives procedures that should either kill him or leave him comatose and he even asks for more. The problem I have is that they do give more as they don’t get the answers they wanted, and give big speeches about how they are going to make sure it hurts. Some of the lines they use too are comically bad, though this could be argued to be Dr. Tobin trying to play the “bad cop” I suppose. William has already shown that the pain is having little effect, and that he’d rather die…so why keep on trying to scare a person who has already past the point of caring? It lessens the effects of the scenes and sometimes distracts the audience from the actual film itself as they spend time pondering stupid actions and not the more important story elements. Parts of Ejecta are found footage, and these scenes are used for flashbacks. It’s commendable that these scenes don’t reveal the alien creature in all its glory but tend to show fleeting glances as it does add to the tension of the chase. It is annoying though that the character carrying the character puts his life in danger just so he can collect it, even to the point that its surprising (and unbelievable) that they got away. The use of the found footage style has many traps that can be annoying, the clinging to the camera when your life is in danger and not having a good reason for it is one of them. These issue could ruin a movie, but Ejecta has a saving grace that really keeps it grounded and that is Julian Richings. I remember Richings as Death in Supernatural and in each episode he starred in he stole the scenes. He seemed to relish the role and his performance was peaceful yet creepy, everything was deliberate and with no waste of energy. With his body language providing the feeling of omnipotence that you would expect from Death. In Ejecta while some of the other actors struggled with the script he manages to make even the silliest of lines work, giving a performance that is memorable for some time after the film has ended. He manages to portray the character of William Cassidy as a man on the edge and truly pitiful, but calm and collected knowing that his fate will soon be revealed. In many ways he saves the movie from itself and keeps the audience engrossed. Ejecta has its fair share of failures but it also manages to be interesting and keep the audience watching. Julian Richings really is the star of the film and his performance manages to distract from many of the problems with the film. Entertaining but very flawed Ejecta is still worth a watch at least as it’s something different, it’s just a shame that it couldn’t have been done just a little better.

The movie is not that bad IMBD only gave it a 4.3 overall
IMBD rating and write up.

Wikipedia on EJECTA

All in all I would recommend this film for the ATS crowd, but not to much for anyone else.

Here is the film's Trailer, in case you might be interested?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Saw this tonight.

Sorry to report that personally I found it shallow and unoriginal. The lead actor was great but marred by much cheapness from the rest of the cast.

The nightime videocam scenes were cliché like watching many other alien movies and nothing new, all in all it seemed like a short movie dragged out to be full length.

More storyline would have made a better watch like who were the military and other characters, some better music would have made it more involving too.

4/10....good for passing time but don't expect anything special and real glad I didn't spend money to see.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
Saw this tonight.

Sorry to report that personally I found it shallow and unoriginal. The lead actor was great but marred by much cheapness from the rest of the cast.

The nightime videocam scenes were cliché like watching many other alien movies and nothing new, all in all it seemed like a short movie dragged out to be full length.

More storyline would have made a better watch like who were the military and other characters, some better music would have made it more involving too.

4/10....good for passing time but don't expect anything special and real glad I didn't spend money to see.

Exactly. I kinda thought the same. just thought i would post about it here on good ole ATS just to see what others had thought? Thanks for the reply.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

I've been trying to find good syfy to watch, but nothing is out there enough for me..

I want something way more mind effing.. And when I search for that it's all psychological mind effing, and it's not what I want. I want like shamanic mind effing. matrix, mixed with starwars, but not so normal as that.

Saw Ai artificial intelligence recently and that was pretty good. I like when there is the main plot and everyone gets it, but there has to be the sub plot that is actually the main plot..

Anyway.

If this movie has that, I could watch it through bad acting, but it's not really clicking my interest radar yet.

I just read the Ejecta review on IMDB titled "eject it." I think I'll pass for now. Haha.

edit on 24-1-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight
Like the other poster above you mentioned. It's a good time waster and i agree. Have you seen Predestination yet? That movie was awesome imho!
If you want a mind eff, watch predestination, that's exactly what it is. You'll see

edit on 1/24/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Nope I havn't seen that. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

Nope I havn't seen that. Thanks.
Oh man if you have not you are in for a surprise for sure. Lucky you.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

I've been trying to find good syfy to watch, but nothing is out there enough for me..

I want something way more mind effing.. And when I search for that it's all psychological mind effing, and it's not what I want. I want like shamanic mind effing. matrix, mixed with starwars, but not so normal as that.

Saw Ai artificial intelligence recently and that was pretty good. I like when there is the main plot and everyone gets it, but there has to be the sub plot that is actually the main plot..

Anyway.

If this movie has that, I could watch it through bad acting, but it's not really clicking my interest radar yet.

I just read the Ejecta review on IMDB titled "eject it." I think I'll pass for now. Haha.

Watch "Pontypool" it's by the same director of "Ejecta" and its very good.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

Thanks, i am always looking for something. that's kinda why i posted this for others who are just looking for something to watch.

ETA: Found it DL'ing right now. Will let you know what I think later. Again thanks.
edit on 1/24/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

Thanks, i am always looking for something. that's kinda why i posted this for others who are just looking for something to watch.

ETA: Found it DL'ing right now. Will let you know what I think later. Again thanks.

Good! It's not a big budget but the idea is very original... Let me know

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Here you can watch the movie for free. Wild movie!

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ok you guys got me.. I can't sleep anyway.. Haha.. Opening 40 seconds is my cup of tea.. So here we go.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

It was a bit shallow. I found the main guys acting to be good. I enjoyed that, but nothing really happened. The story just floated around.

I enjoyed it though.

new topics

top topics

join