It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Your Smart Phone Harming Your Eyes?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: greydaze
Don't know Bro..I got an old flip phone.No trust in"smart phones"..

That is all the wife owns too, I don't even own a cell phone.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: boohoo
Mark my words when these kids reach their late 40's and beyond, deaths by way of falling down stairs at home, or simply slipping on the floor at work, will balloon to unheard of proportions. Millennial's have spent far too little time getting bumps and bruises during their childhoods, meaning the bones in their bodies are not strong and may as well be chicken bones, due to all the "seat time" they built up, in comparison to previous more active generations. Here is a study, showing that such is a very possible outcome for Millennial Public Health:

Essex University, studied how strong 315, 10-year-olds were in 2008 and then compared them with 309 children in the same age, using data collected in 1998. They found the following:

-The number of sit-ups a 10-year-olds could do declined by 27.1%, between 1998 and 2008
-Arm strength fell by 26% and grip strength by 7%, between 1998 and 2008
-One in 20 children in 1998 could not hold their own weight, when hanging from wall bars. In 2008 one in 10 could not do so and another 10% of that 2008 cohort refused to even try the activity

Now add in neck and back problems from texting and you have huge public health disaster on the horizon. So, as I said above, basically a fall down a flight of stairs or a heavy box falling on them, when they get older, is far more likely to kill them INSTANTLY than in previous generation. Their bones have sustained far less impact over the same amount of time, versus people born just 2 decades earlier. Their bones will be as fragile as porcelain when they reach 40 years old and whats REALLY funny is that insurance companies currently raise rates for people over 40. What will happen when these kids hit 40, based on the current polices? Honestly they should be completely uninsurable.

Being blind too is just the icing on the cake.

Fantastic post and thanks for all the information, really shocking all that happened in just 10 years time.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I know this to be true,sadly...and Iam posting this from my smart phone. I had perfect 20/20 vision all my life,till about two months ago. My phone I use for my primary source for surfing the net,and now I cannot read labels on mamy food products or medications. Often my vision goes blurry while I'm reading online. We have laptop computers,but they are not always available for me to use. The thought of losing my vision entirely is scary.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
Buy a tablet and get skype. The screen is bigger! Get a purse holder to sling across your back. Is that a little too gay? Put some manly artwork on it. Hey man, I'm getting older and can't see really well anymore. I'm just giving alternatives.

Good advice and thanks for commenting on this thread.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
I know this to be true,sadly...and Iam posting this from my smart phone. I had perfect 20/20 vision all my life,till about two months ago. My phone I use for my primary source for surfing the net,and now I cannot read labels on mamy food products or medications. Often my vision goes blurry while I'm reading online. We have laptop computers,but they are not always available for me to use. The thought of losing my vision entirely is scary.

That depends on how old your are? The Usual age for bi-focal's is about 40 years old but that may have changed by now with all the small screens and text.

If your younger than say 35 years old I would most definitely be a bit concerned and check in with an eye doc if you feel its that bad.

Thanks for sharing your personal story with us here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

Just over 40,and I know my eyes along with everything else is deteriorating. But I only noticed this very recently,and up till then my vision was unchanged. The reduced visibility is alarming enough to know I need to stop reading on my phone.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied

Just over 40,and I know my eyes along with everything else is deteriorating. But I only noticed this very recently,and up till then my vision was unchanged. The reduced visibility is alarming enough to know I need to stop reading on my phone.

Ok but let me repeat this once more, almost any person who hits the 40 mark in life needs reading glasses at that moment or soon after so I would not get to alarmed at your situation. However I admit that not all is what it used to be with the new technology we have nowadays. Things change for sure and perhaps its worse than the article I quoted in the OP claims it to be?

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hi Iwinder.
I know several people who suffer the same problem as myself, I call it White out, because while looking at a bright screen for too long the center of the screen becomes completely white, all detail is lost! only peripheral vision remains. I spoke to the doctor and was told the same as the others that I know, that its caused by Silent migrain. The thing is, myself and those I know who also suffer it, only get it while staring at a screen.

I've also commented on the boards before about suffering blurd vision caused by using a mobile, and thats using it as a phone, not staring at its screen.

I think the future will have a lot of people suffering all kinds of probs caused by mobiles.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I've also commented on the boards before about suffering blurd vision caused by using a mobile, and thats using it as a phone, not staring at its screen. I think the future will have a lot of people suffering all kinds of probs caused by mobiles.
a reply to: VoidHawk

Hey Void, nice post and thank you for adding to the mix here. I hope you are wrong in "all kinds of probs casuse by mobiles" But after reading up on the subject I have my doubts of just how safe these devices are? Time will tell and take care of your peepers would you?

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Sometime problem in my eyes..but i am not blind.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

why is it now the norm to blame inanimate objects for peoples stupidity ??????????????

a clue in this tail = :

binge watching netflix

you can apply this to virtually any human activity .

ie :

eating one bannana a day = a good source of nutrients , minerals , vitamins , dietry fibre etc etc etc .

would you eat 100 every day ????????????

if you stuff bananas down your throat till you are super morbidly obese and glow in the dark - is that your fault or the banannas ?

so - stop blaming inanimate objects - and take responsibility for your own conduct

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

why is it now the norm to blame inanimate objects for peoples stupidity ??????????????

a clue in this tail = :

binge watching netflix

you can apply this to virtually any human activity .

ie :

eating one bannana a day = a good source of nutrients , minerals , vitamins , dietry fibre etc etc etc .

would you eat 100 every day ????????????

if you stuff bananas down your throat till you are super morbidly obese and glow in the dark - is that your fault or the banannas ?

so - stop blaming inanimate objects - and take responsibility for your own conduct

Ignorant Ape you hit it on the head with the above post. Also I am cutting back on the Banana intake as of right now :-)
Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join