It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Human Spirit – The most powerful force in the world

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The human spirit can make a man kill.

The human spirit can make a man love one another.

Like the flu it is contagious and you can infect one another.

This same spirit can infect one another to either do good or evil.

The body can be destroyed and it rots away while the spirit lives on.

The body is one, the mind is one and the spirit is one, together they are man.

Killing the body and mind is easy but who can kill the spirit?

You can give away your body and mind but the spirit does not belong to you.

You can lie but the spirit will always remains truthful.

Look deep inside and you will find yourself.

You are a spirit of love.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
to: DeathSlayer

The human spirit can drive a man to kill and it is nothing but love?

A bit confusing, I would think more on this before you come to any such conclusions.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: backcase

A bit confusing, I would think more on this before you come to any such conclusions.

A healthy person can get sick with the flu from someone who has the flu. Is this to hard for you to understand?

A spirit of love can get infected too.

Nothing confusing it only requires simple discernment..(not spiritual discernment) .. something that we all have.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

originally posted by: backcase

A healthy person can get sick with the flu from someone who has the flu. Is this to hard for you to understand?

A spirit of love can get infected too.

Nothing confusing it only requires simple discernment..(not spiritual discernment) .. something that we all have.

And sometimes people don't get the flu.

It's not the spirit, it's the heart of man.

The heart of man is wicked above all else, who can understand it.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

My heart isn't wicked. What's that make me?

S&F OP

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

S&F OP

Every evil thought generates in the heart. Every action generates in the heart. And you cannot say that you do not sometimes think evil thoughts and you cannot say that every action is good.

But that's your moral relativism, I suppose.

The standard of good or evil is formulated only in your mind, therefore, you might be evil and think you are good. I don't know, but just because you say you are good, doesn't mean that you are good.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Where is this spirit located in the human body? What color is it? How much does it weigh?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

S&F OP

Every evil thought generates in the heart. Every action generates in the heart. And you cannot say that you do not sometimes think evil thoughts and you cannot say that every action is good.

The standard of good or evil is formulated only in your mind, therefore, you might be evil and think you are good. I don't know, but just because you say you are good, doesn't mean that you are good.

Thoughts are generated in the heart? Alert your surgeon! Bunk like this alternates between being humorous and pathetic.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

S&F OP

Thoughts are generated in the heart? Alert your surgeon! Bunk like this alternates between being humorous and pathetic.

Are you so completely materialistic that you think that is what it means? The heart in the Bible does not mean physical heart and you know better than that argument you just made.

What is Tangerine? Is Tangerine orange or is Tangerine just the color of the light absorbed? The sky isn't blue, contrary to popular opinion, it just appears blue, the same way orange is different hues, depending upon the light.

Reason isn't necessarily a matter of intellect, because you subconsciously arrive at conclusions based on physical observations, of which can be misleading. Did you really think the heart meant the physical or were you just yanking a chain, hoping someone might agree with you and give you a star?

Those stars are misleading as well, they don't mean you are right, only that someone agrees with you.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Yeah, I get angry at times but who hasn't? Even Jesus got mad enough to flip tables, he even spoke badly about the Pharisees calling them a brood of vipers. Everyone gets mad, even Jesus, the point is not to act on those negative emotions. You can be angry with someone and still love them and not harm them.

I treat others as I would want to be treated and love them as myself, I love God as well. I have kept Jesus' commandments so I remain in he and his Father's love. I forgive others like Jesus told me to so I am forgiven by his Father, just as he says.

I am a good person. Do you really believe in your heart that you are wicked? That you are not good in any way? I'm sorry you feel that way, but I know you are a good person, so do your friends and family.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Yeah, I get angry at times but who hasn't? Even Jesus got mad enough to flip tables, he even spoke badly about the Pharisees calling them a brood of vipers. Everyone gets mad, even Jesus, the point is not to act on those negative emotions. You can be angry with someone and still love them and not harm them.

I treat others as I would want to be treated and love them as myself, I love God as well. I have kept Jesus' commandments so I remain in he and his Father's love. I forgive others like Jesus told me to so I am forgiven by his Father, just as he says.

I am a good person. Do you really believe in your heart that you are wicked? That you are not good in any way? I'm sorry you feel that way, but I know you are a good person, so do your friends and family.

You know that we are allowed to get angry, as long as in our anger we don't do something harmful to someone else, except for some prevailing circumstances like if someone were attacking an innocent victim. We are allowed to defend in that situation.

But, you know that anger isn't the problem, it is how we think to act.

I am not so egotistical to think my heart is right or good, I constantly have to check myself or let God check me, which He does much better than I do. But you know very well that you are capable of doing wrong and bad things, that is what the verse means, that mankind is so capable of doing bad, because the heart of man is wicked.

I am just as capable as you to do something not right. If you say you are not capable, then you aren't accepting your own human nature, which is not good by any means. Without that moral standard, without that help from the Holy Spirit, without that divine intervention, we would remain savages.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

S&F OP

Are you so completely materialistic that you think that is what it means? The heart in the Bible does not mean physical heart and you know better than that argument you just made.
Those stars are misleading as well, they don't mean you are right, only that someone agrees with you.

The heart in the Bible does not mean physical heart. OK. And God and Jesus are not to be taken literally, too. Do we agree?

I don't pay any attention to awarded stars. Interesting that you do.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

It's a STORY, like the Three Little Pigs, except that pigs actually exist.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

It's a STORY, like the Three Little Pigs, except that pigs actually exist.

Are you the Big Bad Wolf who wants to huff and puff and blow our houses down?

Can you tell me exactly why you want to think it is simply a story? What comfort does it bring you to think it is just a story?

Brick houses exist also, maybe if you blow hard enough you just might make it fall...nah, brick houses have foundations.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

S&F OP

The heart in the Bible does not mean physical heart. OK. And God and Jesus are not to be taken literally, too. Do we agree?

I don't pay any attention to awarded stars. Interesting that you do.

Let me ask this, since you are so materialistic, did the world exist before you were born?

You can only judge the world by what you experience of it, so can you trust that the world existed before you?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Just because you are CAPABLE of doing it doesn't mean you do or will do it. Thinking and doing are two separate things.

God is capable of doing bad things, that doesn't mean he does them. Being capable of something doesn't mean you are that thing.
edit on 1/24/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Just because you are CAPABLE of doing it doesn't mean you do or will do it. Thinking and doing are two separate things.

God is capable of doing bad things, that doesn't mean he does them. Being capable of something doesn't mean you are that thing.

You and I are not God.

WHY are you capable?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Because my brain has evolved to the point of knowing good and evil. I am no longer indifferent like most animals, I know the difference and I have the ability to act on my thoughts, whether good or bad. I choose to act on the good and not the bad.

Genesis 3
22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.

I may not be God but I have his nature in me, as do you.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Isn't the heart the desires of the spirit? And isn't that what spirit is: your will and desires; the purpose or desire that you will.

spirit = will; desire; purpose; function; ability; force;
will|desire|purpose|function|ability|force = spirit;

In the same way that your sight, your awareness, is the image of your awareness, your spirit is the image of your will / desire / purpose (heart.)

e.g.
She has spirit (will of something / the heart of something / the purpose of something).

She has [a big] heart (a lot of will of something / a lot of desire / a strong purpose / the spirit of generosity / the love for something [which is usually another]).

How would you differentiate the heart from the spirit? Isn't it basically the same thing?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I see the human spirit as more of a tool than it being a defining factor of ourselves. I think that you may have somewhat described the human will, but that is altogether different.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join