It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian pleads not guilty to US terrorism charges....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

It remains to be seen what will come of this show trial....but methinks the USA is playing an hypocritical role in this phoney war they have created and nutured from 9/11 onwards.
Its becoming more obvious that the US gov is merely a tool in somebody elses control...just like most other governments we see fighting the "war on terror"
IDK what this man is actually guilty of...but im not too sure the US gov knows either yet...
On the other hand im sure after a little waterboarding we may get afull confession no?

RCMP refused the lawyer permission to speak with his client on Wednesday, because U.S. authorities were interrogating him, according to his lawyer.

edit on 24-1-2015 by stirling because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2015 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

edit on 1/24/2015 by EternalSolace because: Deleted Post

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

What is the man accused of or charged with? Your OP is a little vague.

ETA: Okay he is charged with aiding and abetting Tunisian terrorist attacks on US troops. Do you think that if this man is proven guilty of this he should be punished? What is your opinion?
edit on 2015/1/24 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
You have to charge and jail people that send money and support terrorist groups. If you don't then it never stops.

Sharif is an Iraqi national who became a Canadian citizen. Apparently he sent $700 to support a truck bombing against a US base in Mosel Iraq...killing 5 US soldiers. Who knows what else he's done...that just what they caught him saying on the phone. He should spend time in jail just for being stupid and talking about that stuff on the phone....dummy.

Now I personally think the US invasion of Iraq was illegal and immoral, but when you start planning bombing missions and sending money to kill people then you've crossed the line. He should have been demonstrating and getting supporters to denounce the US in public and other reasonable protest ways. Having not grown up in Canada he probably didn't understand what he saw growing up in Iraq wasn't appropriate.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Yeah I guess his loyalties should have been with the conquerors hey?
How is it you are able to convict this guy before trial by the way....?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

RCMP refused the lawyer permission to speak with his client on Wednesday, because U.S. authorities were interrogating him, according to his lawyer.

Since when does a foreign authority supersede the rights of someone to counsel in their own country?

Or was he questioned in the States?

Or did the RCMP just "assume" they should bow down and cower just because the mighty US of A was in the room??

Without due process, everyone involved becomes guilty of a crime. So what this guy may or may not have done, becomes irrelevant.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Precisely.............

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Yeah I guess his loyalties should have been with the conquerors hey?
How is it you are able to convict this guy before trial by the way....?

I did say 'apparently'...but we both know he'll be found guilty no matter if he is or not. We'll just be given the story that sells that.

The reality is there is a fair amount of support for the 'homeland' and we have to stop it. If we don't let people here make truck bombs we can't let people there make truck bombs. He might very well be in the right to try and stop an illegal occupation. He might just be on the wrong side of history and be on the losing team. But I still think we have to stop the bombing and make the conversation about peaceful protest and not bombing.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: HIWATT

In Canada you only get 'reasonable' access to a lawyer. You can't simply demand it whenever you want and stop everything else going on until it happens. He was questioned in Canada but that isn't unusual.

My understanding is that Sharif had due process to avoid his extradition from Canada and has now been sent to the US.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Only the FBI is allowed to make truck bombs like the one they supplied for the first WTC bombers....

new topics

top topics

join