It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lawmakers declare ‘all-out assault’ on marriage for same-sex and atheist couples in Oklahoma

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Most sane people do not consider alter egos to be personal assistants.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
Proposing law to target a specific group to restrict their freedoms seems kinda un-American...

Which it patently is.

edit on 26-1-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because his part time job only pays enough for Zima

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

But you, with your not-so-thinly veiled hints at violence, are not most sane people.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

LOL
no i am ot gonna make signs either it was a joke. i have never held a sign or made one for that use of protest or such.

i think you should really hear that song instead of just listening to it.

DUDE the country is nearing a stalemate that begins exactly what is highlighted in the song.
People are not just gonna stop believing on either side so it becomes necessary to seek alternatives.
Over and over again you try to equate my stance with the stance that religous folk are taking. I am envoking the third option that stands in between the left that has made the lgbt community their toy in the fight against the right and what they are doing to combat the assult that is taking place.

Honestly you should join us on the level playing field. You should not fuel the pressure building on either side.

If you have not noticed the right is not agreeing with me either. the only ones that can agree with me are the ones that have put in the work to gain understand on reality instead of choosing sides and battling from one of those two stand points.
edit on 26-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

But you, with your not-so-thinly veiled hints at violence, are not most sane people.

it just goes on and on.
the same people who think i am advocating for violence also think that i would believe your alter ego is your personal ass..
Again your reading comprehension skills are lacking.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
An interesting bird's eyeview of the world:

Most of the US is still the same grey colour as Russia, China, North Korea, Iraq, Cuba...

What's wrong with this picture ?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

...the same people who think i am advocating for violence...

That would have been everyone. Why else would you need to have a back pedaling disclaimer saying you were only making a 'joke'.

Har, har, jokes about killing people if gays are allowed to marry, so funny. You have a brilliant stand up career ahead of you.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Well, see, nothings wrong with it in the eyes of people who agree.

That should be a wake-up call in & of itself though, considering our foreign mirrors on the subject.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Enough!!!!!

In reading the last few pages, I am having a hard time seeing what the thread is about.....please return to the topic:

lawmakers declare ‘all-out assault’ on marriage for same-sex and atheist couples in Oklahoma

You are responsible for your own posts.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
nvm

edit on 26-1-2015 by Grimpachi because:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I thought your post was on topic.

Particularly about the 'level playing field' comment.

The whole point of a level playing field is that everyone gets treated equally and by limiting who can get married (no gays/atheists) they are most certainly not on a 'level playing field'.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Canada is grey
I think they should also be blue or just blue. i am not sure

Yea i thought that canada had civil unions

ment dark blue not grey

seems like other type partnership that i am advocating for is more in use and the better choice

You should all want those benefits extended to as many as possible and it stops such action as we see in the op. Looks like much of the world agrees

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Canada is dark blue as they allow same sex marriages.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It probably was on topic but I didn't copy it before I deleted it. I doubt if I could get that same flow so I will let that one go.

Anyway better safe than sorry.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
An interesting bird's eyeview of the world:

Most of the US is still the same grey colour as Russia, China, North Korea, Iraq, Cuba...

This map seems a bit outdated.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
And on the atheist aspect of things:

- There's only two countries on the planet that has limited human rights for atheists (which is what this schmuck in the OP is suggesting) - Laos, Southeast Asia and Djibouti, Africa.

- There are four countries that throw atheists in prison - Indonesia, Kuwait, Egypt, and Eritrea

- There are six countries that have the death penalty for atheists - Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Mauritania, Iran, Afghanistan, and Pakistan

In total there are 12 countries left on the planet that have limited or no human rights for atheists - all of which are either ruled under a theocratic government or a dictatorship. The rest of the world offers full 100% equal human rights to all atheists. Yes... even *gasp* fully recognized legal marriage.

Have to link directly to the Washington Post article map rather than just the image:

Washington Post
edit on 26-1-2015 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Can you link me to a more up-to-date one ?

This was the best one I could find that fits in a post.

Thanks !

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

While not legal according to the U.S. Constitution (no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States).

The following laws are still on the books. And these states still try to enforce them.

Arkansas, Article 19, Section 1: No person who denies the being of a God shall hold any office in the civil departments of this State, nor be competent to testify as a witness in any Court.

Maryland, Article 37: That no religious test ought ever to be required as a qualification for any office of profit or trust in this State, other than a declaration of belief in the existence of God; nor shall the Legislature prescribe any other oath of office than the oath prescribed by this Constitution.

Mississippi, Article 14, Section 265: No person who denies the existence of a Supreme Being shall hold any office in this state.

North Carolina, Article 6, Section 8 The following persons shall be disqualified for office: Any person who shall deny the being of Almighty God.

South Carolina, Article 17, Section 4: No person who denies the existence of a Supreme Being shall hold any office under this Constitution.

Tennessee, Article 9, Section 2: No person who denies the being of God, or a future state of rewards and punishments, shall hold any office in the civil department of this state.

Texas, Article 1, Section 4: No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office, or public trust, in this State; nor shall any one be excluded from holding office on account of his religious sentiments, provided he acknowledge the existence of a Supreme Being.

americanhumanist.org...

edit on 26-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: Annee

Can you link me to a more up-to-date one ?

This was the best one I could find that fits in a post.

Thanks !

Here's a link of current US map: www.motherjones.com...

Not sure how to copy the map.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I do not think anyone who has posted here believes in limiting rights in any way for athiest or lgbt.

lgbt marriage has never been a right

To me it is about a solution that works for everyone and that would be to get the government out of the marriage business

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join