It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lawmakers declare ‘all-out assault’ on marriage for same-sex and atheist couples in Oklahoma

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

bs you want the minority to lead the majority.

Guess you missed the all polls that show a MAJORITY of Americans are for gay marriage.

You can get gay married all you want but it ends whn you try to force churches to cater to things they do not believe in.

Yeah, you made that same bull**** claim earlier. Where is that happening? Where are churches being forced to perform gay marriages?

edit on 26-1-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The lie in your post is not the threat of forcing churches and people to perform acts they do not want to but the lie is the stats you cite. It is just more made up bs useed to manipulate people opinions. Another member already linked to the case i was refering to and it was a marriage company. that is why in the words you highlighted but failed to read i said "when you try to force". Yes there have been many attempts and guess what the church is the people meaning county clerks and bakers...

Go ahead and stay in your stance to war against religion and not be wise enough to see the big picture that we have options other then passing laws that make privite businesses serve people they do not want too. oh and be sure to look in the mirror when you do and keep tellin yourself i live in a free country. if you say it enough you will believe that you are not fighting against your own best intrest.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

The lie in your post is not the threat of forcing churches and people to perform acts they do not want to but the lie is the stats you cite. It is just more made up bs useed to manipulate people opinions.

Translation: 'Waaaaahhhh, I don't like the stats so they are made up.'

Another member already linked to the case i was refering to and it was a marriage company. that is why in the words you highlighted but failed to read i said "when you try to force". Yes there have been many attempts and guess what the church is the people meaning county clerks and bakers...

Huh? A church is a recognized not-for-profit, religious entity. It is not a baker or a county clerk, who are, wait for it, bakers and county clerks.

The irony of you accusing me of lying is supremely comical when you are the one making bogus claims that churches are being forced to wed gay couples when all it turns out to be is you getting pissy that some poor, sad, bigoted clerk will have to put his John Hancock on a gay couple's marriage certificate. Oh, boo-de-friggin-hoo.

edit on 26-1-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Oh, you smug Canadians!!

Now now, don't be causing thread drift...

These poor folks are dealing with some heavy duty problems:

Their churches are being forced to be okay with heathenistic unions that have hijacked their sacred ownership of the word "marriage" !

For the love of gawd, man, have some empathy !

Now do the proper Canuck thing and apologize dammit.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Now do the proper Canuck thing and apologize dammit.

I would rather he got me some poutine.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Yup, typical marriage-destroying-heathen...

You'd prefer to turn down seeing a Canuck on his knees eating crow with a sacremental bottle of Crown Royal in hand as homage, and instead, just take the plate of poutine.

Pfft.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

You'd prefer to turn down seeing a Canuck on his knees eating crow with a sacremental bottle of Crown Royal in hand as homage, and instead, just take the plate of poutine.

Pfft.

Can I get the Crown Royal and the poutine?

And maybe some ketchup chips for good measure.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Pfft.

Can I get the Crown Royal and the poutine?

And maybe some ketchup chips for good measure.

Sorry, no back-peddling allowed.

This is, afterall, ATS:

Deny Ignorance

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

You do have incredibly poor comprehension skills.

I have not called you a liar yet you post the lie that i did call you a liar.

To be clear i said the stats was the lie in your post.

Twist my words however you want but i made the point that beyong all the government bs the true church is the people and they will not be forced to do such.

There is a better way than your tyrannical freedom losing path of no return.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
IMO - those who refuse to understand the difference between equal treatment and right of belief.

Simply don't want to understand it.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I have not called you a liar yet you post the lie that i did call you a liar.

Short term memory loss perhaps?

The lie in your post is...

I am sure you will do some mental contortions and gymnastics to try and explain how saying that I lied in my posts is not really the same as saying I lied.

There is a better way than your tyrannical freedom losing path of no return.

Yeah, we can choose yours which is to cater to bigots and then claim that they are a 'church' and being forced to make nicey-nice with gay people when asked why you support their stance.

I will anxiously await your reply as you continue to dig that hole ever deeper.

(post by TechUnique removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

mental contortions and gymnastics

It is not rocketry science

The stats you posted are false/lie and you have to be induldging in happy hour to not see that i said that in the first place or perhaps i am dealing with someone that has had some head trama at some point. I will not hold that against you if it is the case.

"Catering to bigots" is the moranic masonic creed. I thought you would know that but likely not be able to admit.

CIVIL UNION OR CIVIL WAR

i will get the signs printed tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

The stats you posted are false/lie...

Then prove it.

"Catering to bigots" is the moranic masonic creed.

Actually, unlike your crew, we do not have a problem with gay people (or any other people for that matter).

CIVIL UNION OR CIVIL WAR

You do that, maybe throw one out on your front lawn and make a statement.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

People pick and choose what they want to hear. It's easier for their arguments that way. Same as how advocates of Freemasonry turn a blind eye to any wrongdoings of their mason brothers.

'Well we just drink, hangout and raise money for Charity'

Yeah I'm sure that's probably what the majority of Freemasons do the majority of the time, but one only has to look at the history of Freemasonry and the unsavory rituals and occultism surrounding it to get an idea of what's going on.

A lot of Masons will never realise (British spelling of realise, by the way) the truth behind Freemasonry. That is that the Light of Freemasonry, is really Lucifer.

Some people climb the ranks of Freemasonry with great ambition, and after having spent a great deal of time and money, finally realise that they want no part of something so inherently evil and occult. If you believe you can be a true Christian and a Freemason at the same time you are incredibly mistaken. Yes, a belief in God may be encouraged and sometimes even required, but you must also place Freemasonry above all else in your life.

Some of the rituals of Freemasonry are downright evil in nature. They symbolize the destruction of God and encourage Gnosticism.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

CIVIL UNION OR CIVIL WAR

Basically, that means my way or I will kill you.

And people wonder why Islam and Christianity are often compared to each other.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
And yes, the above post is aimed at you, because you are a Freemason (supposedly). And arguably, both of my above comments and this one are related to the thread topic because they are following the drift of the thread.

They'll probably get deleted though. Maybe I broke a clause in the T&C but I don't believe so. I believe everything I've said and I believe it to be relevant to the discussion. You DO twist peoples words. You've done it before and you've done it in this thread.

I have no respect for people who do that.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

And yes, the above post is aimed at you, because you are a Freemason (supposedly).

Aren't you cute, believing in Lucifer and all that, but this thread is not about Masons but about some bigoted jackass who does not want to permit gays and atheists to marry.

Do you think you can contribute to the topic?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: TechUnique

And yes, the above post is aimed at you, because you are a Freemason (supposedly).

Aren't you cute, believing in Lucifer and all that, but this thread is not about Masons but about some bigoted jackass who does not want to permit gays and atheists to marry.

Do you think you can contribute to the topic?

You're quite practiced at patronizing people aren't you? I'm sure you and your Mason buddies do it a lot behind peoples backs. Yes I can contribute to this topic. I believe there to be a clear agenda involving stories like this, to cause contention between the LGBT and the Christian community.

This thread goes to show that if I am correct, they(whoever is responsible) have done a bloody good job of it.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join