It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lawmakers declare ‘all-out assault’ on marriage for same-sex and atheist couples in Oklahoma

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

There are 330 million people in the United States. Of those 330 million people, 14 million are attempting to dictate who gets to marry ?

Oh dear.

You have my sympathies.

Fortunately for the sane ones they will never get their way due to that pesky Constitution thingy.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Tangerine

The Religious Right consists of 12 to 14 million people. Christian reconstructionism, the underlying philosophy of the Religious Right calls for the destruction of democracy and replacement with theocracy and the return to literal Old Testament Law. Fear them.

So let me see if I have this straight...

There are 330 million people in the United States. Of those 330 million people, 14 million are attempting to dictate who gets to marry ?

Oh dear.

You have my sympathies.

How many ACTIVE Nazi supporters did it take for Nazis to take over Germany? Oh dear.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Sometimes these discussions crack me up.

I certainly will be happy once the supreme court rules on this, but I will be sort of sad to see these wacky threads go.
Now you know if the court rules in favor of marriage equality there will be dozens of "Totalitarianism", "King Obama just Mandated This", "Affront to the constitution", etc etc threads. So at least you have that to look forward to.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Sometimes these discussions crack me up.

I certainly will be happy once the supreme court rules on this, but I will be sort of sad to see these wacky threads go.

I'll be glad for all the crybabies, playing the victim card, to finally perhaps move on to something more meaningful.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I'll be glad for all the crybabies, playing the victim card, to finally perhaps move on to something more meaningful.

Yeah, the pox of humanity; gay pot-growing evolutionists.

(Minor edit for Grimpachi.)

edit on 26-1-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Fortunately for the sane ones they will never get their way due to that pesky Constitution thingy.

True enough.

But never underestimate the power of the few... best to keep that tinfoil hat on firmly... just in case.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Now you know if the court rules in favor of marriage equality there will be dozens of "Totalitarianism", "King Obama just Mandated This", "Affront to the constitution", etc etc threads. So at least you have that to look forward to.

So your saying I won't be bored. Yay lol. Though I am sure even after that dies out there will be some other crisis of faith hot topic going on. They seem to be never ending.

It would be refreshing if things moved on to issues that are constructive and less devisionary. Is that hoping against the odds cause I know we still have this issue about science being the devil's tool to deal with or the gay pot-growing evolutionist progressive left-wing libtards.

edit on 26-1-2015 by Grimpachi because:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: deadeyedick

a reply to: Grimpachi

funny you mention slavery. The bloodshed is what we should be trying to avoid.

If the Christian right decides to spill blood over this it will only confirm what I think anyway.

After that maybe we can really have a push to get religion out of goverment.

Are you really so abstract in your views that you need confirmation of some kind.

I call that faith building.
I would say that Grimpachi is pretty concrete in views actually. Demanding CRAZY things like "proof" and "evidence".

Thats what i thought too until i read he was needing proof to concrete his views as being right in his opinion. Perhaps it was just word play though.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Now all your recent post just went into the crazy catagory.

Nice job of deflating the debate into ignorrant attack on the right.

Just proves what i have been saying.

It is not finding common ground for either side for you all it is simply a war on religion and now the right.

All you seek to do is further the divide.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

gay pot-growing evolutionists

You should edit it one more time so it says: gay pot-growing evolutionist progressive left-wing libtards.

It's a mouthful... but I think that covers all of it.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

You should edit it one more time so it says: gay pot-growing evolutionist progressive left-wing libtards.
Oh, you smug Canadians!!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

So the answer that is best for everyone in your mind is to force people to do things they are against or quit and to abolish all church power and the foundation of the country rather than to embrace a change that would eliminate all the problems assioated with the lgbt marriages by creating a civil union that would replace gov. marriage and let churches decide on an individual basis what marriages they would perform.

Yep. If you agree to do the job when you're hired, you agree to do the job. Your bible is on your own time, not everyone elses while you're working as a public servant. If you can't handle the responsibility to remain neutral enough to do your job fairly, why do you deserve it? Wouldn't I be kicked out on my ass rightfully if I refused to marry someone on some ridiculous personal principle? Like, for example, refusing to marry teens even with parents' permission? It's the same idea, personal feelings don't belong on the clock.

Your current stance is contridictory to your first post to me here. Perhaps you should only post when you are drinking? they say that drinking allows us to share our true feelings beyond the social constrains of the social pressures that shape us when we are sober.

Contradictory how?

originally posted by: Nyiah

a reply to: Grimpachi

That can be viewed two different ways.

One could say that the dose of morality givin to rome by christianity was the cause for the fall.

That would be on par with the sudden dose of non christian morality on par with the fall of the us.

One has to be effing blind to deny that traditional marriage and christian morality formed the greatest country on earth and the most reveloutionary time in earths history.

I guess we have to kiss all that goodbye to make way for roman marriage again.

Did you flunk American History or something?? A bunch of beefs went into breaking from England, we didn't arise because "oh, let's create a Puritan country and call it done" o.O

That's my first post directly to you, I'm not following you here.

Also you did not adress the weakness of the argument that creates the need for members to post like opinions under different accounts to try to give the view of popular opinion. It is border line mental to do such and even greater is the problem many have in even adressing what is taking place in the thread. I guess we only see what we want to see.

With all due respect, what the hell are you talking about? Is this a mini-rant because you're offended I addressed you stooping to complaining about sock-puppetry? Let me remind you you're doing so without cause, beyond being petty.
edit on 1/26/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

gay pot-growing evolutionists

You forgot "Marxist" and "Baby-Killers".

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

They never agreed to do what they are now required to do. Forcing them to make that choice now would be ok if there was not a solution that would end all the mess and keep our country free.

The last bit was for people actually reading the thread and paying attention.

edit on 26-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

They never agreed to do what they are now required to do.

Then they should quit or get over it since other people's lives should not be dictated by another's interpretation of some Bronze Age Biblical baloney.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

or we could just give a solution that fixes the problem of marriage and government.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Yeah, we covered that, it is called marriage equality.

Your hypothetical, sad little clerk will just have to deal with people being treated equally then.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

bs you want the minority to lead the majority.

that is not how this will happen.

You can get gay married all you want but it ends whn you try to force churches to cater to things they do not believe in.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

What do you not understand about a constitutional republic?

I don't care what is done in your churches no one i trying to force them into anything.

As to your majority rules mindset, I think you have some misunderstanding about this country.

edit on 26-1-2015 by Grimpachi because:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

bs you want the minority to lead the majority.

that is not how this will happen.

You can get gay married all you want but it ends whn you try to force churches to cater to things they do not believe in.
Nobody wants to force pastors to perform religious ceremonies against their will. It's a simple them wanting marriage just as straight people do. A court clerk or a judge can do it. Nobody is suggesting chaining preachers up and forcing them to officiate a gay marriage.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join