It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hate Lable and Common-law Partners, and issue of Reverse Prejudice and Discrimination

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I recently heard a Gay man say heterosexuality turned him off and he found it disgusting. I recently said the same thing that I find Homosexuality disgusting and a turn off, just as heterosexuality may be disgusting and a turn off to those who are homosexuals. But I was labeled a hater for expressing the same view towards a homosexuality as a Gay expressed his view towards a heterosexuality.

So why was the hate label given me but not the Gay?

We said the same thing just his stance on finding heterosexuality disgusting did not land him with a hate label.

then came the common-law insurance claims.

A friend of mine for years had carried her male common-law husband on her insurance. but then this year she went to renew and was told her common-law husband under the new health care law could no be carried. When she pressed why they told her flat out if she were Gay then it was ok but seeing they weren't they could not. It seems to be a reverse discrimination towards heterosexual couples who are common-law by the insurance companies.

I just don't get it. all this reverse racism, and reverse discrimination is uncalled for and immature.

Is this what our nation has come too?

edit on 24-1-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Because the 'Hate' label is a powerful one; it gets attention.

The person that labeled you a 'Hater' wanted everyone to know exactly how they felt about your views, and is attempting to rally them to his/her viewpoint with it.

After all, no one wants to be lumped together with a 'Hater', right?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Yes.this is what our nation has come to. And it's only gonna get worse.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

I revised my post a little with a title change and a correction. I hope that is ok?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Careful!
You will be labeled a hater for just questioning the logic.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

I revised my post a little with a title change and a correction. I hope that is ok?

No issues with your changes, here.

Just a note: 'Reverse Racism' , and 'Reverse Discrimination' are misnomers. It's still just Racism, and discrimination, no matter how positively the mainstream would like to paint it.
edit on 1/24/2015 by ProfessorChaos because: typo (I suck at typing, today)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I recently made a comment that I personally don't care for Homosexuality. To me it is disgusting and I find it a turn off, just as heterosexuality may be disgusting and a turn off to those who are homosexuals. But I was labeled a hater for expressing the same view towards a homosexuality as a Gay expressed his view towards a heterosexuality.

You say heterosexuality MAY be disgusting and a turn off to a gay person. What makes you think they would not be labeled a hater for the same? I GUARANTEE you that a gay person who expresses disgust for heterosexuality would be labeled a hater by someone.

So why was the hate label given me but not the Gay?

In your original paragraph, you said a gay person MAY express disgust, but you're just certain they wouldn't be labeled a hater... Did this happen or is it hypothetical?

We said the same thing just his stance on finding heterosexuality disgusting did not land him with a hate label.

Again, did this happen or are you just postulating that it would happen?

A friend of mine for years had carried her male common-law husband on her insurance. but then this year she went to renew and was told her common-law husband under the new health care law could no be carried. When she pressed why they told her flat out if she were Gay then it was ok but seeing they weren't they could not. It seems to be a reverse discrimination towards heterosexual couples who are common-law by the insurance companies.

Was gay marriage legal in her state at the time? Some laws protect gay people because they were not permitted to marry, so some laws allow them the benefits of a legally married person. If gay marriage is now legal in her state, then gay couples living together (or "common law) shouldn't be covered either.

My advice: Don't be afraid of words. And if something didn't happen, don't act like it did.

edit on 1/24/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

When you said the same thing just turning it around was it in the same thread or in the same conversation where the gay man expressed his view?

If so then there is a double standard at work labeling you a hater however if those two instances are unrelated and out of context with each other then what did you expect.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I find the idea of two men having an intimate relationship rather nasty and against mother nature.
I also feel that they have the right to get married and get all the benefits that would entitle them to.
Does that make me a hater?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
I find the idea of two men having an intimate relationship rather nasty and against mother nature.
I also feel that they have the right to get married and get all the benefits that would entitle them to.

Anything less than full acceptance as normal, and natural, and you're a 'Hater', 'Intolerant', a 'bitter clinger', or whatever else they can come up with.

They sure do love them some labels, don't they? Talk about divisiveness, smh.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

If it does, I pretty much am in the same basket. The thought of two men together sexually is kind of nasty to me, and not in a good way (I definitely don't think it's "against Mother Nature", whatever that means). I couldn't watch Brokeback Mountain or Queer as Folk because they were too explicit for me. I love seeing gay characters in TV shows, because I like diversity and support the normalization of homosexuality, but I don't want to see them (or think of them) having sex.

But I will fight with everything I have for them to be treated equally under the law.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Mother nature wants babies. Gays can't have babies. Therefore against mother nature.
Only my opinion though.
They still deserve equal rights to me.

If you didn't know what is means how can you disagree?
edit on 24-1-2015 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I have no qualms with them being treated equally under the law. What I have an issue with, is them force-feeding the rest of us that the behavior of, what 3% of the population?, is normal and natural, and should be accepted by everyone, regardless of their views on the matter. That is not equality, that is an agenda of behavior, and thought modification.

Preferential treatment of small groups of the overall society is not fair and equal, and that is what is going on.

I have no problem with them getting married. I've been married three times, and if they want to be miserable (it took me three attempts to find the right one) as well, let them, but I'll never view homosexuality as 'normal', 'natural', or right.
edit on 1/24/2015 by ProfessorChaos because: typo (I suck at typing, today)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Mother nature wants babies. Gays can't have babies. Therefore against mother nature.

I can't have babies either... Mother Nature must disapprove of me, too... How do you know that Mother Nature wants babies? Have you ever had a discussion with her? Is it possible that gay people and rising infertility rates are Mother Nature's answer to an overpopulated planet? Next time you talk with her, ask her about that. In that case, homosexuality would be in accordance with her, wouldn't it?

If you didn't know what is means how can you disagree?

Oh, I know what "Against Mother Nature" means TO ME. It would mean that it doesn't happen in Nature. There are plenty of homosexual animals, so I know what it means to me, but I don't know what it means to you.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
What I have an issue with, is them force-feeding the rest of us that the behavior of, what 3% of the population?, is normal and natural, and should be accepted by everyone, regardless of their views on the matter.

Like left-handedness? Sinister bastards!

I think homosexuality is normal and natural, but no one can to force you to believe that, so you really have nothing to worry about. Your beliefs are yours. No one can take them from you.

Look, if you can't handle people trying to change your mind about things, you better just roll up in a ball and hide in a hole somewhere. People EVERYWHERE are trying to convince others what to think. ATS is FULL of people trying to tell you how to believe. Yet you let it roll off your back. I suggest you do the same when someone tries to convince you how to think about homosexuality. This is a free country and you can think whatever you want. Let it go.

I'll never view homosexuality as 'normal', 'natural', or right.

OK.

What the heck happened to the OP?
edit on 1/24/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

What I have an issue with, is them force-feeding the rest of us that the behavior of, what 3% of the population?, is normal and natural, and should be accepted by everyone, regardless of their views on the matter.

Like left-handedness? Sinister bastards!

I think homosexuality is normal and natural, but no one can to force you to believe that, so you really have nothing to worry about. Your beliefs are yours. No one can take them from you.

Look, if you can't handle people trying to change your mind about things, you better just roll up in a ball and hide in a hole somewhere. People EVERYWHERE are trying to convince others what to think. ATS is FULL of people trying to tell you how to believe. Yet you let it roll off your back. I suggest you do the same when someone tries to convince you how to think about homosexuality. This is a free country and you can think whatever you want. Let it go.

I'll never view homosexuality as 'normal', 'natural', or right.

OK.

What the heck happened to the OP?
I answered the OP. But, to your point, when a religious person does exactly the same thing, I.E. trying to change your mind, they are treated as hateful; how is that right?

The pro-homosexual folks like to pick and choose what is acceptable, and what is over tje line.

At the rate our society is going, it won't be legal to refuse to accept forced agendas.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Because we can't just disagree anymore.

If you label someone as being "hateful" even if they aren't being hateful, you inject emotion into things and delegitimize them and their point of view. Someone who is acting off emotion is not being rational, so you no longer have to deal with their view point as if it were a valid one to hold.

So, even though it is perfectly believable that someone could be disgusted by the idea of having sex with someone not in their range of orientation NO MATTER WHAT THAT RANGE IS if you aren't expressing the politically correct view, you are open to being called hateful.

It's completely irrational, but people are no longer taught what rational thought is anymore. They have been taught to substitute emotion for rationality.

edit on 24-1-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I answered the OP.

I know. I mean the original poster. He hasn't responded to his own thread. I found it odd, but not a big deal.

But, to your point, when a religious person does exactly the same thing, I.E. trying to change your mind, they are treated as hateful; how is that right?

What do you mean, "treated as hateful"? And by whom?

Some people are going to call others "haters" or " hateful". So what? Whether they're religious, atheist, gay, straight, black or white, most likely, they're going to be called a hater. I've been called a hater about 5 times here on ATS in the past week. Who cares? I'm not a hater and I know that. I'm not bleeding or hurt in any way. I'm not going to get offended and cry about being called a hater. Why should I take offense if someone reaches in their insult bag and pulls out the "hater" word? It's like being called racist. I've been called racist and I don't cry about it.

I may ask why they say that, but they're entitled to use whatever word makes them feel good. I don't have to agree with it. And I don't have to shut them up.

The pro-homosexual folks like to pick and choose what is acceptable, and what is over tje line.

EVERYONE, including you, picks and chooses what is acceptable TO THEM. I kind of agree with ketsuko here. We can't just amicably disagree anymore. Everyone is so sensitive to any disagreement that they feel it necessary to somehow attack those who disagree. But everyone here (including me) is as guilty as the "pro-homosexual folks" for picking and choosing sometimes. By the way, I am not "pro-homosexual", I'm pro-freedom and pro-humanity. For all of us.

At the rate our society is going, it won't be legal to refuse to accept forced agendas.

That's ridiculous! No one can force you to accept anything. You accept or reject things in your mind and no one else has control of that.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Homosexuality is a natural human variant ... like having green eyes or being left handed. And naturally a heterosexual will think the homosexual act is yukky and a homosexual will think the heterosexual act is yukky. That's not hate. Thats just natural feelings about the sex act.

Hate would be if someone wished the others harm because those others engaged in sex acts that were different from their own. THAT is hate. Being turned off to the sex acts isn't hate. To claim it is ... that's silly.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

No issues with your changes, here.

Just a note: 'Reverse Racism' , and 'Reverse Discrimination' are misnomers. It's still just Racism, and discrimination, no matter how positively the mainstream would like to paint it.

Precisely. Racism is racism and discrimination is discrimination. Whichever direction.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join